58 coaches online • Server time: 22:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Buu88

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2017 - 02:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok so newish league, I dont have any skills on him at the moment. Double 5s.

So I know people always complain about this but I use my dancers as ball carriers. Blodge and leap starting out, no reason not to. I hate 2 str characters, they just get picked on too much as ball carriers.

Theres 2 choices I think.

+MA Turn him into a gutter runner with +1 str.

Guard Throw him into a cage to cancel out assists and give an assist.

I usually one to jump in and tackle the ball carrier and the other to run it. I think it works out pretty well usually.

Thoughts? Any other suggestions?
Antithesisoftime

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2017 - 02:28 Reply with quote Back to top

MB is another good option, as Wardancers are usually your hitters too

That said, take the MA
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2017 - 02:29 Reply with quote Back to top

+MA.
Buu88

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2017 - 02:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Assumed as much, thats what I was leaning really hard on. I did MB for another wood elf team and usually felt like a waste half the time. Other teams are blocking constantly so it makes sense with elves im maneuvering and sometimes just not in the right position with the certain character and it goes to waste.
Kryten

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2017 - 02:37
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Mighty Blow and +MA are the strongest contenders. If he's a ball carrier, +MA is likely better. For me, it would be Mighty Blow.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2017 - 06:35 Reply with quote Back to top

Juggernaut
licker

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2017 - 06:56 Reply with quote Back to top

As a first skill I think it's clearly MB.

As a later skill it would depend on his build and the rest of the team build.

Of course +MA is always good too, hell any stat is good on a WD, but I'd rather run a catcher or two and see if I can't get lucky with an MA on them, because they are better one turners ultimately. You don't have to carry the ball with them either, just keep them around as a scoring threat (with catch they are nice for handoffs) or as a quick change field side player.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2017 - 14:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Kryten wrote:
Mighty Blow and +MA are the strongest contenders. If he's a ball carrier, +MA is likely better. For me, it would be Mighty Blow.
My sentiments exactly. Well coached Wood Elves with one Mighty Blow are sometimes very annoying. If the elves can keep pace on numbers, there's no beating them. But +MA Dancers are very nice too, so if you take +MA on him you won't be going too far wrong.

Post   Posted: Sep 17, 2017 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

+Stat on an undeveloped wardancer always equals to +stat. Doubles can be gained later and MA9 (being very powerful in itself) is prerequisite for MA10.

And the question of MB is of course all dependant on what your other wardancer does. If he is a dedicated ball sacker already, then guard is by far the best choice of doubles for the other.