45 coaches online • Server time: 20:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
noxnoctum

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2017 - 10:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Do you want to leave a lineman in contact? They usually have mighty blow so that seems dangerous. Should you use screens with an extra square so that they can't tie down 2+ players?

I've finally figured out after many losses that it's rarely worth it to go for a block if it takes 3/4 of your players (ESPECIALLY when there are multiple ST6 players - Khemri for example). Mostly playing Delf and Skaven at the moment. (mostly on Cyanide - I'm more of a graphics whore than I thought I was evidently, armor breaks are just so satisfying Razz)

EDIT: Also ST5 Sad

Last edited by noxnoctum on Sep 21, 2017 - 16:00; edited 1 time in total
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2017 - 10:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Zombies yes, other linemen no
Don't throw in 4 players for a single block, no. They usually are durable (khemri aside) and you throw away too much territory and positioning. I've made that mistake a lot and lost because of it

With AG4 dodge away instead
With AG3, it's harder to call

You sometimes have to leave a sacrifice guy in contact to avoid your ball carrier getting blitzed,
If you do that, try and put your sacrifice on the other side of the threat, so it costs him movement in the wrong direction to blitz free... You don't want your sacrifice guy to just get smacked down en route to the big guy making contact with your ball carrier (assuming low AG and no break tackle)

This also applies to str5 guys a lot of the time too. If you receive the ball and can block the rest of his players off the LoS then you can often have easy 2dice on his big guy... Otherwise you're usually better avoiding it

Sending in extra players to the LoS to get more block dice is often a strategic mistake, especially with elves or skaven Vs basher teams
tussock

Post   Posted: Sep 21, 2017 - 10:55 Reply with quote Back to top

If you're going to knock them over, it needs to be with MB at the least, preferably CPOMB, and a follow-up gang foul waiting. Makes people hide them a bit better and that makes them less effective.

Then mostly ignore them, treat like any other player except you don't bother blocking them, don't base up unless you need to, and you need a sturdy player to take the hit you can afford to lose, -MA linos are great.

With rats and delf, don't base up anyway, screen all teams all day, push back where you can and dodge out where you can't, make 'em break formation to move and then get the ball. Do carry a couple DP linos in your rats, if people put a big out front in contact and the claw blitz doesn't end it, you need to foul it to properly discourage that.