45 coaches online • Server time: 17:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
bigbullies

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2017 - 18:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Im most excited about an old school trial of blood free for all
As an aside will this still only be the 24 teams or will apes khorne and brettonians be allowed for a change ?
Also i think you should be allowed the option of playing in both a final hurrah of old swl and a new team in the new swl
I for one would like to bring the girls back and see if i can get best thrower (very possible) blitzer (miles off that) and catcher (ha ha ha yeah right)
But as im a below average coach i dont want to miss out getting a jump by playing the level field when everyone redrafts

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2017 - 18:55
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Does the Final Hurrah need the 8 Prem teams?

If there is time for a Final Hurrah (and Faulcon deserves his 500th), then there is time for a final CRP Prem.
Smegish

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2017 - 23:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Will we have the option to just stick with the race we have, or is it going to be first come, first serve with all of us in a random order?

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2017 - 23:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like I have avoided a season of Orc claw death in prem at least. @Faulcon the last hurray might get you to 500 games, and there is always Fringe life after SWL... I see where the Commission is coming from - Christer half broke League by not implementing all changes at once, leading to rise of super-killer-death teams. Change always leaves some people unhappy, but it is good change, in the long run. I vote last hurrah should have 6 rounds!

Oscar Wilde
Grod

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2017 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

ramchop wrote:
Does the Final Hurrah need the 8 Prem teams?

If there is time for a Final Hurrah (and Faulcon deserves his 500th), then there is time for a final CRP Prem.

Except Faulcon won't be in Prem...

Oscar Wilde
ramchop

Post   Posted: Nov 26, 2017 - 23:57
FUMBBL Staff

I realise that.

Final Hurrah. A competition for all current reggies and conf teams. Plus a Prem season for the 8 in Prem.

That is what I would like.

Prem is the ultimate for me. I never expect to win it, but testing myself in that environment is a very rare and cool event.

Bob Borc Cup is a fun event. but it lacks the intensity of a prem season. I expect something like bbc is what is in mind for the Final Hurrah.
Grod

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2017 - 03:21 Reply with quote Back to top

How about for the last hurrah we create a 3 tiered round robin. We could have 8 teams in the top tier, then 3 groups of 8 in the second tier and everyone else in 1 or 2 groups in the final tier...

Oscar Wilde
ramchop

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2017 - 03:28
FUMBBL Staff

i feel mocked.

/me goes into silent sulk mode
Grod

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2017 - 03:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry I'm just bored at work...

Oscar Wilde
Grod

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2017 - 05:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Any word on Khorne / Brettonian in SWL? They are becoming NAF-legit... Simyin is a made-up roster though. I would hope SWL never goes down that route.

Oscar Wilde
Foad

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2017 - 06:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Not until next year at least.

Simyin was under NAF consideration, but they didn't approve it.

Underworld and Renegades are now GW official.

Bretonnians and Khorne gain the same status as Slann on January 1st, 2018.

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2017 - 06:34
FUMBBL Staff

[8:56 AM] ramchop: @Christer will you be adding these two races to League as you have with Simyin? Since they are semi official (NAF), I would like to have them in the league I run.
[9:00 AM] Christer: Maybe, but certainly not until there are icons and portraits for the players.
[9:01 AM] ramchop: who did all the standard portraits for all the existing races? all a similar style and work well as a full fumbbl set. all one artist?
[9:01 AM] Christer: knut_rockie
[9:03 AM] ramchop: last seen 2 years ago :thinking: might be tricky to get a matching style for portraits for these two races then
Foad

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2017 - 06:40 Reply with quote Back to top

If it's set up as a custom league, SWL can add custom rosters.

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2017 - 07:35 Reply with quote Back to top

@BigBullies there never was a trial of blood free for all. If all teams start fresh you don't need the trial to get your rookie teams ready to compete against existing teams, you may as well just start the new season.

@Grod I'll be happy with whatever so long as I get those 6 official SWL games in to make 500. I'm well aware there's fringe or other comps outside of the league I can keep playing with them but it's just not the same thing.
Foad

Post   Posted: Nov 27, 2017 - 13:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Grats to Samaranthae on taking out SWL LXX... Well played!!!

Jump to: