55 coaches online • Server time: 13:08
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
sikosyko

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 12:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Ilove this game but i never seen dice rolls this bad before.Is there a secret or somethin i have failed at least 7 2ups every game.I cant even dodge with a player that has dodge.Just needing advice from veteran players on here am new to the website.Iplay real games in a league and have never seen some of the rolls i seen on here.Is there some sort of update or something thank you in advance.
lawofthewest

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 13:20 Reply with quote Back to top

the dice are a bit broken, but will be fixed in the next update. Which browser are you currently using for fumbll?

Rule 1: Never tell everything you know.
razmus

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 13:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I played a tabletop game against Flings, my the opposing coach encountered the same thing with physical dice. On the computer with a fair random number generator or with physical dice, sometimes the dice just seem to be out to get you. On most games, after the game, you can look at the Dice Stats in the match report to see how many '1' results you did get. Sometimes you do just get many 1s in a row, sometimes at the most inconvenient times.

The advice I've heard from better coaches than me is to make certain you're covered for any dice result. Assume any time you have to roll the dice, that you're gonna fail, and make certain it isn't going to leave your derriere exposed if you fail. (The time I had an elf fail a pickup four times in a row, and another elf fail on the catch... well, it's a painful lesson, but hard to implement. Smile )

Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 13:29 Reply with quote Back to top

the dice here are more random than physical dice
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 13:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Your dice on TT are biased.

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

lawofthewest wrote:
the dice are a bit broken, but will be fixed in the next update. Which browser are you currently using for fumbll?

If you install this extension https://fumbbl.com/p/notes?op=view&id=2038 it uses squared dice, rather than rounded dice. That should make the rolls a bit fairer.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 14:42 Reply with quote Back to top

razmus wrote:

The advice I've heard from better coaches than me is to make certain you're covered for any dice result. Assume any time you have to roll the dice, that you're gonna fail, and make certain it isn't going to leave your derriere exposed if you fail.

This is sound advice and I agree with it generally speaking, but there might be exceptions.
Sometimes you have to try a higher risk action to earn a greater benefit later.
For example if you have few players left and you have to pick up and score quickly you can't afford to protect the ball properly, or, even if you protected the ball, you would be in trouble anyway the next turn because your players will be in a small zone of the pitch and easily surrounded.
At that point might be better to not protect the ball and hope that pick up won't fail, sending players forth to receive a pass.
Woodstock

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 16:52 Reply with quote Back to top

sikosyko wrote:
Ilove this game but i never seen dice rolls this bad before.Is there a secret or somethin i have failed at least 7 2ups every game.I cant even dodge with a player that has dodge.Just needing advice from veteran players on here am new to the website.Iplay real games in a league and have never seen some of the rolls i seen on here.Is there some sort of update or something thank you in advance.

Our dice are more random than your tabletop dice. You can read more about it here: https://fumbbl.com/help:FFB_RNG
happygrue

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 17:24 Reply with quote Back to top

sikosyko wrote:
Just needing advice from veteran players on here am new to the website.

I tried to give you some advice. I think I was pretty careful in what I said. You literally laughed in my face, and twisted my words around to accuse me of things I did not say.

If you *actually* want advice on how to get better, there are many veteran players here who can teach you how to master this game. Next time you meet one, try asking for some tips and really listening to what they say. If you just insult people with 1000+ games on here when they offer the very advice you're asking for now, what exactly are you expecting will happen?

It's a great game that I'm still learning new things about even after years. Ask for tips, listen, get better. It is the way of things.

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 17:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh god it's here too... for the love of Nuffle people...

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 17:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont think people understand what i said about the dice i never disputed bad choices i make but when you fail more then 7 2ups a game choices are irrelevant.Thats a 1 in 6 chance so statisically to miss more then 7 of them a game i would have needed to attempt at least 40 a game.If i was attempting that many 2up rolls i think i would be doing much better.Its not just a game or 2 either i have had 3 games where i thought the dice were average.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

on fumbbl, you can use your "lucky" dice, or roll them that "special" way.

as Sp00keh says, "the dice here are more random than physical dice"

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I even played couple guys that said i had bad luck cuz my rolls were really bad.Currently i cant block with players that have block or dodge with players that have dodge and if you cant even do that then the game is definately a loss.Also its nice to see i have a stalker poor guy happygrue.
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 18:00
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

There is a difference though. because on FUMBBL a failed 1 in 6 will be more ruthlessly exploited (on average) than in most leagues or even Tournaments. Add to that some confirmation bias, and negative event retention (we forget good stuff quicker) and there's the answer.

But pleasingly you seem to half realise it isn't the dice, it is you. (no nice way to say that).

Of course with the number of games played here, and the number of coaches, someone is the least lucky. One person does have, for a time, relentlessly crappy dice. It could be that's currently you. It is someone. It was me for about 3 weeks just before Christmas. So if that comforts you then let's agree that you are currently the least lucky human on fumbbl, and the dice are screwing you. Good News! It will change.

Usually the best way to counter massive bad luck is more practice. oddly the same way one counters not being as good as you want to be.

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 18:02 Reply with quote Back to top

sikosyko wrote:
I dont think people understand what i said about the dice i never disputed bad choices i make but when you fail more then 7 2ups a game choices are irrelevant.Thats a 1 in 6 chance so statisically to miss more then 7 of them a game i would have needed to attempt at least 40 a game.If i was attempting that many 2up rolls i think i would be doing much better.Its not just a game or 2 either i have had 3 games where i thought the dice were average.

What teams are you playing? Can you point to some example games?

1) For an agile team like elves, making 40 2+ rolls in a game is not at all unusual. On average, elven teams probably roll a couple of snakes per game, which is a 1/36 chance.

2) Bad luck happens, and we all have bad games. You would need to do more than point to 2 or 3 unlucky games to show anything conclusive about the dice being skewed. You can see the dice stats for each game, and analysis over a huge number of games on here has shown that the dice are perfectly well balanced (over a large sample size).

3) It's not the dice that are skewed, it's more likely your perception that is skewed, by playing easier opponents elsewhere. You've got to man up and improve your game! Wink

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
 Jump to: