27 coaches online • Server time: 08:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Second skill?
Dodge
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Strip Ball
50%
 50%  [ 2 ]
Tackle
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Other or Pie
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 4

kilinrax

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2017 - 17:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm playing in a TT league, with Necromantic, and the dice have not been on my side this season. Which means my next match is crucial: I'm in 4th against the player in 3rd, and only the top 3 qualify. He's playing Undead, and is a solid coach.

To make the question even more complex, we have special rules for the league, and the event (game 9, a.ak. the pro bowl).

The league has a 'Highlander Rule', which mean no two positionals on the same side can share the same combination of skills. So, for my team (Necro), I can't have two Block Werewolves, or two Blodge werewolves, even if the two skills were assigned in different orders.

Which is why my second Werewolf has Wrestle as his first skill.

Thankfully, after a dismal start, 3 players skilled up last game, both Wolves and my Ghoul. The Block Werewolf doubled, so that's obviously going to be MB. Ghoul will probably get Block, as my opponent has no Strip Ball.

The game's special rules are that we swap our highest SPP players for the match. I'm swapping a my +MA Tackle MB wight for his Blodging Sure Hands Tackle Ghoul.

(special rules: swapped stars have Loner, Animosity to/from them and Hideous Appearance to/from them for blocks, coaches get a free extra apo for the borrowed player only, even for apo-less sides - like both of ours)

The options I'm considering are:

• Tackle - as I have none left, bar his ghoul, who I can't rely on for blitzes. However, my game 10 opponent (Pact) has no Dodge.
  • Strip Ball - as neither he nor my game 10 opponent will have access to Sure Hands.
  • Dodge - he'll probably just mark my him with my wight, and my game 10 oppo has Tackle.

Which would you pick? I'm currently inclining to Strip Ball.
Bram

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2017 - 18:10 Reply with quote Back to top

If the next game is really that important: strip ball.

Otherwise: dodge (or tackle, but tackle is probably better on the other wolf).
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Oct 06, 2017 - 18:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Dodge.
 Jump to: