46 coaches online • Server time: 12:49
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Valbron

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2017 - 12:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, in a recent game I was dodging with my Tomb Guardian into three tackle zones and for some reason I got the message "Break Tackle is not used because it would not help". If I'm not mistaken a ST5 player with break tackle would need a roll of 4+ to dodge into three tackle zones. So, was this a bug or the system just knew in advance that i would roll a 2? Very Happy
Wreckage

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2017 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Valbron wrote:
Hi, in a recent game I was dodging with my Tomb Guardian into three tackle zones and for some reason I got the message "Break Tackle is not used because it would not help". If I'm not mistaken a ST5 player with break tackle would need a roll of 4+ to dodge into three tackle zones. So, was this a bug or the system just knew in advance that i would roll a 2? Very Happy

That question seems to come up once in a while.
It did not know in advance. It decided on it after you rolled. It saw you rolled a 2. Ok 2 isn't good enough to make a difference. No point in using Break Tackle.
Valbron

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2017 - 12:32 Reply with quote Back to top

So you mean that even though the fact that break tackle was no use is mentioned before the actual roll, it actualy happened after the roll...?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ca1hg0aon3e9a84/Screenshot%202017-10-07%2011.26.00.png?dl=0
Faulcon

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2017 - 14:12 Reply with quote Back to top

You rolled 2. The client looked at your 2 and looked at what modifiers it could apply, saw they wouldn't make any difference and chose not to use them because they wouldn't help. This then saves your break tackle roll for a later dodge in case you need it then (if for example you used a team reroll to reroll the dodge and got a straight 6).

Break tackle isn't a great example for this but it's the same mechanism used across multiple events in the game in order to reuse code. Consider a similar situation with diving tackle. 3ag opponent dodges away with a 5. Diving tackle wouldn't help so it isn't used. Then another 3ag opponent dodges away from the same player but rolls 4. Since you saved diving tackle last time you can use it now.
The_Murker

Post   Posted: Oct 07, 2017 - 15:49 Reply with quote Back to top

The client rolls, then decides what skills to use.
What it says for the output is in a funny order sometimes, I agree with you, Valbron.

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2017 - 18:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah it was just the fact that the decision to not use the skill was mentioned before the roll that made it a bit confusing... It makes perfect sense what you explained there Faulcon. Thanks guys.
 Jump to: