62 coaches online • Server time: 20:29
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Darione

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2017 - 21:23 Reply with quote Back to top

https://ibb.co/hUrhyw

i'm new of this game and i rally don't know how to use my 170.000 in this moment. Any suggestion and why?

thank you!
DarthPhysicist

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2017 - 21:54 Reply with quote Back to top

fire the +ma BOB and hire a new one.

Post   Posted: Oct 08, 2017 - 21:55 Reply with quote Back to top

OMG just realized you had two... fire both. BOBs don't need more ma. They need block, MB and guard in... some order. They aren't gonna be breaking away to score TDs.

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2017 - 12:40 Reply with quote Back to top

ok. I stop buy reroll now at 4 or i need to buy some other?
okostomi

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2017 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

You are missing a troll, the backbone of a good orc team.
Darione

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2017 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

in main team or in reserve with a goblin?
Nextflux

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2017 - 13:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Buy a goblin if you need it with the troll, but usually a goblin isnt a great idea for an orc team. Trolls are mainly used to soak damage, and provide assist with a guard skillup. Some orc teams use them, some dont, both ways are good enough though.
Thouse MA blockers: taking MA on them isnt great because they need other skills really fast. maybe its ok on a legend level, but they arent destined for it, as 1 in a million players reaches that level.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2017 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

If you take a Troll, you should take a Goblin as well for TTM.
About the rrs: Orcs are generally fine with 2 rrs + Leader on the Thrower or 3 team rrs.
Darione

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2017 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

So now i need to sell 2 black orc for new two and buy the troll. And no more rerolls.

I'll start with the troll, then new BOB. So i wll have 14 palyers it will be fine or i will need more reserve?
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2017 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Couldn't access the link. Just seeing what everybody wrote.

14 players and 4 re-rolls is a lot. In NBFL, I run 14 and 5, and it's enough for a shark-tank meatgrinder 14 game season with no teams under 2 million and lots of Piling On using the new rules so it costs a RR. Normally, in BB2016 environments, my Orcs peak out at 13 players and maybe 4 RR.

I'd only invest in the Troll if I had everything else. If I had two BOBs to replace, I wouldn't have "everything else" worked out. I'd do the BOBs first, then the Troll... after I'd built up the BOBs to Block (at least).

MA on a BOB is okay as a #5 skill. Don't take it until he's already got Block, Guard, MB, and Tackle. And you might take Stand Firm over Tackle, so you might not be in position to take MA until legend.

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2017 - 15:58 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
Piling On using the new rules so it costs a RR

That's interesting. I've seen a lot of whining that this new mechanic renders PO useless, that no one will care from now about taking the skill, as it implies also bloating TV with additional TRRs etc. So, could you share your, and perhaps other coaches' in your League, experiences on this subject? How does it feel? Does it really discourage most of coaches from having PO on some players at all? Is it worth of additional bloat from more TRRs?
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2017 - 18:27
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

+MA on BOB's isnt ideal. If you want a charactrful fluffy team, then 3 +MA gives it to you, but it wont be terribly competitive.

My diagnosis:
The -ma lineorc: Fired. At 1400 (where your team should be), 12 orcs is fine (13 if one is a Gobbo)

Rerolls: Ditch one, replace with Leader on Thrower in time. 4 is a luxury. If you really find you never have rerolls left, then maybe keep it. But really 3 should be plenty.

The +MA BOB's: I'd sack and replace. If you really want to keep the block+MA one then look at Break Tackle next and at least use the mobility. But don't, sack 'em.

The Thrower: 2 passes in 12 games isn't bad, could be less. Try to score less with him, once he has leader. The +MA here is great, giving him better pick up and get safe options, and keeping up with the blitzers.

2nd Thrower: Why? AV8 MA5 and not cheap. Drop him and a: get your thrower hit less and b: handle with a Blitzer if need be. Repalce with Troll/Lineorc.

Troll: Cheap and Regen and guard. But useless in a pinch. Your choice.

Gobbo: Not bad as 13th, especially with Troll. But surprisingly useful even without.

Blitzers: So far skilling fine. More Guard needed, but that's true of every team ever.

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2017 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:

Gobbo: Not bad as 13th, especially with Troll. But surprisingly useful even without.

Can you elaborate on this?

I've never used one, and when I face an orc team with them they only seem useful for sitting on the bench, failing some weird attempt to leverage stunty, or getting removed as soon as they are targeted.

I don't even consider them particularly viable for the one turn attempts, especially if the opposing team has kick it becomes very unlikely for the hand off to even be possible. Though I guess you just have to set all your blitzers back and to the sides to give you the coverage you need.

Maybe they are useful at low TVs or in NAF type environments. For progressive long term play they seem completely useless to me.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2017 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Goblins are for one thing.

Game 1: 4 BOBs, 4 Blitzers, 3 Goblins, 4 RR.
Game 2: fire the 3 Goblins, run loners.

Post   Posted: Oct 09, 2017 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

SeriliKirico wrote:
JackassRampant wrote:
Piling On using the new rules so it costs a RR

That's interesting. I've seen a lot of whining that this new mechanic renders PO useless, that no one will care from now about taking the skill, as it implies also bloating TV with additional TRRs etc. So, could you share your, and perhaps other coaches' in your League, experiences on this subject? How does it feel? Does it really discourage most of coaches from having PO on some players at all? Is it worth of additional bloat from more TRRs?
It's not worth it, but if you have two LRB6 players with PO grandfathered into the new rules, you might as well use it since you're invested in it already. I won the NBFL with two POs, but I cut my 5th RR going into the playoffs to save TV and didn't notice the missing ability to pile on.

I couldn't tell you if it discourages others from taking it, as it can't be taken as a new skill in NBFL. But some teams run a 5th RR for it, and most with it grandfathered on only run 4 RR and use it sparingly. Haven't seen any superstars or legends cut over their (now-less-good) PO skill. A Block/TPOMB Beastman was drafted in the NBFL top 10.