31 coaches online • Server time: 09:47
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kondor

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2017 - 05:19 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
they're still processing. Hold your horses.

Ok. I did not know it worked that way. All done now and it looks like everything is included now.
Grod

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2017 - 05:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Woohoo I finally became a Legend! I think we can all agree the scoring system should be kept on hold now, whatever it is that it's doing...

Oscar Wilde
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2017 - 07:05 Reply with quote Back to top

@christer

Check out the box slann ratings and tell me how this makes sense
Tzij

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2017 - 07:20 Reply with quote Back to top

mrt1212 wrote:
@christer

Check out the box slann ratings and tell me how this makes sense

Glancing at it, my guess is not enough players in the timeframe queried so it filled with whomever was available.
koadah

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2017 - 07:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Top coach has only 165.75CR. I would have expected it to be a bit more spread out than that.

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2017 - 07:41 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
Top coach has only 165.75CR. I would have expected it to be a bit more spread out than that.

Yeah, I'm not entirely certain what causes the swings in max/min CR between the various tweaks over the last couple days.
muaddib68

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2017 - 08:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi...well not sure the "New" cr will be so great , after some processing and calculating i see the first of race are player who dont play many games....for exemple for halfling in the 30 first on CR classment 25 have 5 or less game ...so, not sure the cr can be taken for classing ...not sure that a guy who play 1 game and wining it (100/100) and having 150 cr on the race can be better than coach who got 200 or 300 but winig 75/100 of them...but having a less cr ....i think this classement must take number of game ...played...no ?

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2017 - 08:48 Reply with quote Back to top

muaddib68 wrote:
Hi...well not sure the "New" cr will be so great , after some processing and calculating i see the first of race are player who dont play many games....for exemple for halfling in the 30 first on CR classment 25 have 5 or less game ...so, not sure the cr can be taken for classing ...not sure that a guy who play 1 game and wining it (100/100) and having 150 cr on the race can be better than coach who got 200 or 300 but winig 75/100 of them...but having a less cr ....i think this classement must take number of game ...played...no ?

Yep. I would say it is best not to list players who have played less than 25 games with a race. (100 games may be an even better marker.) I would glean out some of the noise.

Oh and I have to laugh at my ogre ranking. I am 4/4/18 with ogres in the Ranked division which makes me a clear Super Star. Shocked
Rawlf

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2017 - 09:18 Reply with quote Back to top

ROFL! It is ranking ME at #1 spot?!

If that insinuates that I am the best coach FUMBBL, or at least the R/B part of it, has to offer then I am afraid CR is off by a very VERY large margin! Smile
Tzij

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2017 - 09:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Rawlf wrote:
ROFL! It is ranking ME at #1 spot?!

If that insinuates that I am the best coach FUMBBL, or at least the R/B part of it, has to offer then I am afraid CR is off by a very VERY large margin! Smile

Looking at match history, you have a large number of recent wins and your losses tend to be vs coaches at your level/higher based on CR resulting is less potential loss of CR.
Rawlf

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2017 - 10:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I understand that is how it came to this. Still I am far from the best coach despite being #1 CR.

I guess I found a good way of gaming the new system, unintentionally and retroactively so to speak. Which probably revolves around a) rolling game-breakingly good stats (natural oneturner, ag5 or st5 wardancer) and b) using Wood Elves, which results in more wins than Christer's winning probabilities reflect.

Looking at a (currently hidden as inactive) usual suspect for picking ranked games with WE to boost CR, I see that strategy is still very viable and that there are higher CRs about than mine. Wink
muaddib68

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2017 - 10:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I think we must wait end of calculating process and a little week to see the difference 😆
Guardikai

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2017 - 11:47 Reply with quote Back to top

This is strange. A week ago I had a higher rating than I did in September, but now it's lower and is showing the September period as higher. I have had a good number of wins lately, but losses in September. I am just puzzled haha.

Is there any way to restrict the data displayed in the graph for yourself to the last year? I joined many years ago, but there were a few years I wasn't active at all. It makes the graph hard to read as all the data I want is scrunched up at the end!
Christer

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2017 - 11:52
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

There is no way to zoom into the data on the site at the moment. However, you can download the raw data directly and do whatever you wish with it (excel or google spreadsheet):

https://fumbbl.com/p/coachdevel?op=data&c=Guardikai&r=0&d=0
Christer

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2017 - 11:59
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

And for the record, I am aware of the fact that the current ranking formula has some undesirable effects. If you happen to be good at math and/or statistics or, even better, at Elo based systems in general I wouldn't mind getting some input from you.

If you feel you're interested in this type of thing, reply in this thread and/or PM me and I'll set up a group PM where we can talk about the formula in greater detail. I'd do it on the forums in public, but unfortunately there's too much background noise from people who wish to contribute and mean well, but unfortunately don't have the mathematical background required to be helpful.

Maybe I should simply bite the bullet and go towards a Glicko based system like I've been considering for a while..
 Jump to: