38 coaches online • Server time: 16:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Throweck

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2017 - 17:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Harad wrote:
A part time hobby of mine had been to get to legend with each race in the box. It's an arbitrary goal and not an important one. I think I was just missing 5 or something. I was surprised at how much effect this change has had. I haven't gone through it in depth, but I think it's interesting that, for example, for undead and khemri I've gone from legend to star and emerging star respectively. Anecdotally the lists seem to have more people higher on them with fewer games but I could be wrong.
On the assumption that CR was trying to crudely measure 'how good' someone is, this suggests that either the previous method or the new method doesn't do an amazing job of this because otherwise there would be unlikely to be such variance.
This is NOT a complaint. CR can be whatever people want it to be, it's just a bit of fun and I don't mind. I just thought it was worth sharing this perspective as when changes have large effects it's worth checking that they were as intended.

Stop complaining.

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2017 - 17:26 Reply with quote Back to top

lol @ Purplechest

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2017 - 18:32
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

I am not complaining. I guess I am 'providing feedback' so Christer can decide if his value is showing what he wishes it to.

I do wonder why how many TD's you score is at all part of how good a coach CR thinks you are. It would seem to indicate more how elf/rat a coach you are.

If I am going to win I often defend the 1 in a 2-1 less assiduously than I might.

But i never pretend to understand the math, nor care. To me the numbers are but flowers beside the path. I shall continue to try to learn how to play BB, and see what happens to the numbers with mild amusement.

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2017 - 18:59 Reply with quote Back to top

There's a bug, been identified. Talking to Christer on discord. CRs are borked, man. Borked, I tell you!

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2017 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a very dynamic ranking system, powered by Tzeentch. Razz
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2017 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

@PurpleChest, I wouldn't worry. He's capped the CR gain at +.2 points for beating an equal ranked coach by 2.

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2017 - 19:05 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
It's a very dynamic ranking system, powered by Tzeentch. Razz

Very Happy
Christer

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2017 - 19:43
FUMBBL Staff

PurpleChest wrote:
I am not complaining. I guess I am 'providing feedback' so Christer can decide if his value is showing what he wishes it to.

Is this supposed to be funny? Sarcastic nonsense and constant complaining while saying that you don't care. What's the point?

If you truly don't care, why are you actively whining about how something isn't "correct" and to your liking?

Look, I don't mind feedback. I'm genuinely trying to improve the calculation, despite people like you harping on how CR is useless and means nothing. I get it, you're not a big fan of the CR system. All you're doing here is trying to belittle the effort I'm making to improve a system that I, along with a LOT of people on the site, enjoy.

Sure, there are bugs and problems, which I *explicitly* stated twice after the update I ran last night. Is it that hard to simply assume that clearly strange things you see is an effect of a bug? Or do you honestly think I break things for the fun of it and laugh at coaches who point out the problems? Just stay out of the thread if you have nothing better to do than to moan.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2017 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Noooo
he's just joking around I'm sure
We do all appreciate the effort and we are glad you're doing it, and are patient enough to wait for it to be tweaked until it's good
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2017 - 20:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Rather than rating decay, glicko system sounds good - if you're inactive your rating deviation goes up. So it has less certainty on your rating
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2017 - 20:01
FUMBBL Staff

I shall desist.

I was trying to provide feedback in an amusing and lighthearted way. To help you make the calculation show what you want, as i said.

And I have NEVER called CR meaningless and often disagreed with those that do.

But, as requested, I shall leave the thread.

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2017 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Ive played only 360 games according to "Rankings" when in facht I've played over 1500 ranked games. What's up with that?
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2017 - 20:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik, the rankings are being calculated again for a fix, be patient, it will require some time. Slowly the number of your games played will increase, don't worry.Smile
mawph

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2017 - 20:38 Reply with quote Back to top

looks like the process is running again (I've played none...)

Point of question: The one [B] and [R] combined tournament I've played was earlier classed as a [B] game (despite being a [R] team). Was this intentional?
razmus

Post   Posted: Oct 16, 2017 - 20:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:
Ive played only 360 games according to "Rankings" when in facht I've played over 1500 ranked games. What's up with that?

It would appear that the process is running again. The good news is that the whole system was designed with amazing forethought so that the calculations can be run through for every relevant game over and over again. Every iteration will either get us closer to something wonderful or eliminate undesirable paths. Smile
 Jump to: