31 coaches online • Server time: 12:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
shalin

Post   Posted: Oct 14, 2017 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi there, clever Bloodbowl people.

So playing a 3 game tournament using resurrection rules.

Allowed 5 normal or 3 normal 1 double skills. No skill more than twice and no player with more than 2 skills.

My options as I see it team composition wise are:

Ogre, 4 blitzers, 1 thrower, 2 catchers, 3 linemen, 3 re-rolls. Fairly standard 990 buy.
So added onto that a choice of a 4th re-roll, a 4th line man or a 3rd catcher. I can afford 2 of the 3, so is a 13 man bench better than 4 re-rolls?

Then in terms of skills-
guard on the ogre and 1 blitzer; fairly obvious.
Then I'm wondering about accurate and diving catch on the thrower and catcher respectively allowing for a bit more of a passing game (I know this is sub-optimal, but i'd like to play humans using their all-rounderness more and this will give a chance to try the combination.)
Then finally MB or frezy on another Blitzer.

It's not a very serious tournament and I'm still new to the game, so I'm seeing it more as a chance to try out skill combinations that I'd take on my league team.

Any thoughts appreciated.
Lorebass

Post   Posted: Oct 15, 2017 - 15:26
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

shalin wrote:
...so is a 13 man bench better than 4 re-rolls?

Sort of depends on your playstyle. If you are a newer coach or a heavy fouler go with 13 players (2 spare linemen maybe). Your thrower can always get Leader as a cheap 20k skill instead of guard on the ogre. I know its the 'big guy'! but he only has to bonehead a few times to ruin your game. Either extra guard on another blitzer (no frenzy, need way more guard for that). with 2 blitzers with guard you can almost always get a 3d block with your ogre which is way more useful... in my opinion.

Sooo, i THINK thats my opinion if i did my math right. if you do go 2 extra linemen you can always give on dp!
shalin

Post   Posted: Oct 27, 2017 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi lorebass, thanks for replying.

As it goes I went with 4rr's and I appreciated the extra contingency.
I ended up winning the event, which was a surprise given how badly I've been doing in our league.
 Jump to: