18 coaches online • Server time: 07:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MachoMadness

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2018 - 02:32 Reply with quote Back to top

Lookig for a league or tournement or group of people playing in the eastern us. Really looking for a gaming group that get together weekly to play and talk about the game of bloodbowl. Just looking to try and make friends with people who share the live of bloodbowl.
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2018 - 02:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Do you mean online or real-life? 'Eastern US' doens't narrow it down very much, for a RL weekly league .. Wink

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
MachoMadness

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2018 - 03:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Online. I live in an extremely rural area and don't have time to travel and meet up. Although i am an avid painter and modeler too.
Mazzix

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2018 - 03:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I am in the same situation, trying to find some leagues to join and have the fluff and fun ppl can experience from it. Ranked and B are fun and all, league gives a little extra that really makes the Fumbbl experience better.

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2018 - 03:16 Reply with quote Back to top

MachoMadness wrote:
Online. I live in an extremely rural area and don't have time to travel and meet up. Although i am an avid painter and modeler too.

NWL needs a coach RIGHT NOW. 1 are 1 coach short. Send me a PM.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2018 - 03:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Mazzix wrote:
I am in the same situation, trying to find some leagues to join and have the fluff and fun ppl can experience from it. Ranked and B are fun and all, league gives a little extra that really makes the Fumbbl experience better.

You send me a PM too. 1st one in gets the spot. 2nd one gets in NEXT season assuming 2 join.

BTW the 1 guy you have listed as a friend is an ADMIN in our league. He is on hiatus though. Right now I am handling all the details.

EDIT: He beat you to it Mazzix. Feel free to join next season or anytime.

Same goes to anyone else seeking a league. I would have really liked to have had many more coaches in NWL this year.
The one thing that can make NWL great compared to other leagues is that we can host ANY number of coaches. We've been as small as 8 and as big as almost 30 during my time here. It is a more flexible environment than most leagues.

Those other leagues listed below are good too. I've been in some of them back when I had more time. They offer a different kind of experience. Give us ALL a try for a season. See how you like it.

And as a reminder to the coaches of the other leagues. You are always welcome to join in over here in the NWL when we are recruiting. I wish you would all come play a few seasons when you have the time.

Last edited by Catalyst32 on %b %02, %2018 - %04:%Feb; edited 1 time in total
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2018 - 03:34 Reply with quote Back to top

NWL is an Americas Continent League only... meaning US and Canada and anything in North South or Central America... but I don't think anyone has ever joined not in the US or Canada.
We also take coaches NOT in the Americas IF they can play reliably in the Evenings of the Americas. I THINK we have our 1st ever European Coach playing right now.

We use all the regular teams and regular rules with 2 exceptions:
1) You can use the Simyin Roster if you want
2) Right Stuff cancels Tackle on BLOCKS... to encourage someone to take a roster with Stunties

In general we play on 1 week deadlines. Extensions are available.
We encourage the use of fluff of any kind. But if you just want to play Blood Bowl for the game and don't want to use any fluff that is OK.

Those are the basics.
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2018 - 03:44 Reply with quote Back to top

There is also the NWFL run by Sutherlands - they are looking for folks to play and are a NFL style league.

There is the NCBB run by Ex-convict which is a college style league where you pick your school, have players graduate after 4 seasons and features bowl games and rivalries. I'm in that league.

There is the NBFL run by me, mrt1212. It is an NFL style league with a small draft from player that graduate from the NCBB league, features some great coaches, great teams almost entirely at high TV, and a long history over 19 seasons in the making. Also in this one as is ex-convict and sutherlands

Almost all of the above are on a 1 game per week schedule.
happygrue

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2018 - 03:50 Reply with quote Back to top

In addition to the above leagues (I'm in NBFL, it's great by the way but will have a waiting list), you can get yourself on Discord and chat with many fellow blood bowlers. Welcome!

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2018 - 05:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Drats, missed that one Catalyst32, will look forward next season.

Already on the list for NWFL. Dont know about NCBB, will look the group up. And I guess you have to play through NCBB to go in the NBFL. Well I stay around and look for all the opportunities!

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2018 - 20:44 Reply with quote Back to top

https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=29552

Copy and Paste that link to find a FOURMS THREAD about joining the NWL or to see what is going on there. OR send me a PM.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2018 - 20:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Mazzix wrote:
Drats, missed that one Catalyst32, will look forward next season.

Already on the list for NWFL. Dont know about NCBB, will look the group up. And I guess you have to play through NCBB to go in the NBFL. Well I stay around and look for all the opportunities!

NP. We'll get you in if you are still up for it when next season rolls around.

PLUS... you never know. Somebody might QUIT mid-season and you could still slide in. You will be our 1st Alternate if you want it.
thoralf

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2018 - 22:37 Reply with quote Back to top

The NWFL is looking for new coaches. Beware that you need to build your team through real games, so you should expect at least a season for "training."

Post   Posted: Feb 02, 2018 - 22:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Shhhssh. Keep it Secret!

Jump to: