37 coaches online • Server time: 10:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Are nurglers disadvantaged for the lack of an apo, compared to chaos?
Yep, they sure are.
51%
 51%  [ 84 ]
Nah, shut it, you whiner.
30%
 30%  [ 50 ]
More or less the same.
17%
 17%  [ 29 ]
Total Votes : 163

thmbscrws

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2004 - 07:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Those stats really don't say anything about their long term viability as a team.

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2004 - 09:02 Reply with quote Back to top

"
Quote:
>snip<sure u can get rotters for free, but hey: What probability is that...
I am a bit lazy to calculate it, but the chance is pretty low. Not as low as for a stunty guy being eaten by a big guy, but comparable. "

just do all the nasty things like sidelines, fouls and 3 dice blocks with your beast and you'll get more rotters than you can integrate into your rooster. i got 2 rotters out of my first 5 matches, i think ...
kombat

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2004 - 09:15 Reply with quote Back to top

I dont think they will change the Nurgle Rotters because you complain here. It is an official team and if you want to go complain about them being bad visit www.bloodbowl.com
Covertfun

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2004 - 11:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Not compared to Chaos, IMO

but every team is disadvantaged compared to cheesy, cheesy Chaos Dwarves... perhaps if we got Babs to "balance" the rotters, they'd be a favourite - with Regen AND Horns on the beastmen, and Rotters starting with Block and Tackle (in addition to FA and Regen). Maybe they would get to have a free wizard every game, too.

sound like enough? Smile as freak_in_a_frock points out, though, their win %ages are fine... and they DO mean something.... what have people experienced in leagues? that will answer the "long term viability" question.

Every league team is beleaguered (*ta DA!*), but Rotters more than most? more than, say Wood Elves? or those helpless Amazons who inevitably come against an unbalanced Dwarf team or even more broken Chaos Dwarf team?
Jarnageddon

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2004 - 12:25 Reply with quote Back to top

If you want free Rotters take DP as the second skill on your Beast and use turn 8 2nd half to gang foul the lowest av player you can floor. Mine only has block but his last turn foul, with I think 2 or 3 assists, killed a skink last game and now I have three Rotters. Aiming for the fourth next game.

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2004 - 14:43 Reply with quote Back to top

EcLiPsE wrote:
just do all the nasty things like sidelines, fouls and 3 dice blocks with your beast and you'll get more rotters than you can integrate into your rooster.

Roster
Rooster

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2004 - 15:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice work BMM, integrating Rotters into your rooster will likely end in a criminal record and for that reason, I for one cannot condone such actions.

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2004 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

LtMonkey, Sir , Your right nice work BMM, u have done all proud continue to make people look stupid and one day u may reach Grums level
Zy-Nox

Post   Posted: Jun 25, 2004 - 23:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Its actually quite amazing how many times i've seen BMM pick up on someone writing Rooster instead of roster Wink

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2004 - 10:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Search for Keywords: "rooster"
Display results as: "Posts"
Quote:
Search found 47 matches

Lots of roosters going around
BadMrMojo

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2004 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Zy-Nox wrote:
Its actually quite amazing how many times i've seen BMM pick up on someone writing Rooster instead of roster Wink

I think I probably account for almost half of SubSonic's search results.

Re: Fred & whomever else thinks I was being needlessly cruel.

If it was an honest typo, then I would hope that anyone who made the honest error would laugh along.

If it was an honest inability to spell the word correctly, then I would hope that he or she could laugh along with the small joke and learn from it.

If it was simply that someone didn't have the discipline to be bothered to attempt to communicate in an intelligible fashion despite the fact that the author knew perfectly well the difference between a roster and a rooster, then I would hope that he or she could laugh along and see that a mere few seconds of editing can make a difference in the meaning.

So, Eclipse and whomever else I have nagged about it across 47 other posts, I hope you got a snicker out of it at least. I sure did.

ps. Nurgle is a good counterpart to chaos. Chaos is slow to start and strong down the road. With the extra skills and the chance of a few free players early on, Nurgle is the opposite. Sort of like Norse, except based on Chaos rather than Humans.

pps. See? I wasn't 100% off topic this time!

Post   Posted: Jun 28, 2004 - 17:35 Reply with quote Back to top

The thing I do not like about the Rotters is that these are less resilient due to the lack of an apothecary. Which is very opposite to Nurgle fluff which states that Nurgle-followers are much, much more resilient to damage. Not less.

In my opinion something should be done to show the added resilience.

Thus unbalancing the roster (no, not the rooster. Very Happy ) so it will not happen anyway.

Last but not least I have to add -even if off-topic- that it is a shame that there are no rosters for the other Chaos Gods. Even if Nurgle is the coolest (well; slimiest and lovingly disgusting anyway!) God of them lot.

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2004 - 07:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Yuh, would be nice to see some of those Tzeetch Chaos flamer roosters on the pitch. If for no other reason, to make BMM happy!! Wink
Elkerlyc

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2004 - 10:00 Reply with quote Back to top

I guess the trouble is creating something which is different yet not overpowered.

But the idea is not all that hard I'd guess.

Some frenzied players for Khorne, some 'pro'-players for Tzeentch (changer ot ways!), only Slaanesh is harder. I'd go for now with dauntless players or maybe simply mutated ones with extra arms and prehensile tails. (let's not ask ourselves why a SLaaneshi follower would want all those extra bits. Laughing )

Ah well; let's not daydream. Not likely gonna happen any time soon anyway.

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2004 - 07:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Dunno what the general experience is, but I think the Rotters kick some butt.. I've only gotten my team up to tr 200, but I'm 14/2/4 in the process in a league, and through two seasons.. I've been champion twice. The rotters have good flexibility with strength and mobility, plus the added anti-passing bonus of Foul Appearance Smile

All Hail Nurgle; The Rot Shall Consume All!
http://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=team&op=view&team_id=42099