54 coaches online • Server time: 22:17
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post NBFL Season 32: The ...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
+MA or +AV
+MA
91%
 91%  [ 57 ]
+AV
1%
 1%  [ 1 ]
skill
6%
 6%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 62

Stevar

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2017 - 12:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello,

Being quite new to LRB6, I wonder...

I got a 6+4 on my skill roll ( not double) on my mummy with block.
This is her second skill, would anyone consider +MA? or even +AV?

Or the standard guard skill ?
Grod

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2017 - 13:01 Reply with quote Back to top

MA all the way. Going from MA 3 to MA 4 is actually super useful.
- when pushed back and over, you cant get up and move 1 square back into contact without gfi.
- can blitz from ground, without gfi.
- can get break tackle later and be a threat to cages.
- can keep up better with the play as it unfolds.

Oscar Wilde
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2017 - 14:30 Reply with quote Back to top

What Grod said. +MA is almost as good as Block or +ST on a Mummy. Basically it negates his "anti-skill" (MA3). Best off, you never have to retire him for skill: his track of decent improvements goes all the way to Star, at least.

Last edited by JackassRampant on Nov 06, 2017 - 14:32; edited 1 time in total
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2017 - 14:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Stevar wrote:
Hello,

Hi and welcome, the current ruleset is BB2016.
Take +MA on your Mummy. Smile
As an aside, I suggest to fire the assistant coach and the cheerleader.
Cyrus-Havoc

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2017 - 15:46 Reply with quote Back to top

MA for sure, AV is never worth the cost.

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2017 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks
It kind of confirms my gut feeling.

As for an assistant coach, I like to have one so I can blame him is for any losses and cheerleader so she can... well console me or cheer me up
Bram

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2017 - 16:45 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Stevar wrote:
Hello,

Hi and welcome, the current ruleset is BB2016.
Take +MA on your Mummy. Smile
As an aside, I suggest to fire the assistant coach and the cheerleader.

Why fire the assistant coach and cheerleader? I feel it's pretty good to get an extra reroll during a game (or at least deny an additional reroll to your opponent), especially for teams with expensive rerolls such as undead (but even for elves I tend to do it, especially at high team value when 20 TV more or less doesn't matter that much). After all 6's and 8's are very common on kick-off.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2017 - 16:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Because you are going to pay 20 TV every game for having, maybe, a +1 modifier on the roll, so it's not even a guaranteed rr.
Undead are fine with 3 rrs, while if Elves are at high TV where 20 doesn't matter then they are better off playing with 4 team rrs outright.
It's better to have a sure rr for 50 TV than a potential rr for TV 20 given by an event that could not even happen or where modifiers could not matter.
kummo

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2017 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Cyrus-Havoc wrote:
MA for sure, AV is never worth the cost.

Few examples that come to mind right away that disagree on your call:

1) Some say that it is worth on wild animal big guys (only on 6+4 tho since doubles are such gold, and those big guys since they all are av8). [Then again there are groups who say that WA-piece is never worth to begin with.. i mostly agree with that statement tho.. except Yeti on Norse can work.. not a necessary piece but out of all WA pieces i think i would run that one.. MAYBE chaos mino in some special occasions but mostly a "no" from me)

2) It is also more worth on non-claw environment (so usually private leagues and tournies with race- or skill-limits). I see av9 and av10 pieces growing value on our all-human leagues for example (both DLE and DLE2).

3) And one guy asked what is worth on 6+4 on norse lineman that already has all useful normal skills (iirc: tackle and fend.. pro was an option but that team has already so much frenzy so it wasn't) and and has +st.. moving from ma6 to ma7 is kinda meh so quite many agreed that +av was actually best move since that kind of superstar needs some longevity (sure.. claw cancels it.. but it's norse.. not like the claw gonna target that many times that av8 when other mb pieces have av7 to kill anyways).

But on a mummy.. yeah.. +ma is way better and +av might be never worth (maybe on special non-claw environment as a legend skill.. but there are still probably better skills or stats to pick instead).
Severedunit

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2017 - 17:11 Reply with quote Back to top

The MA will come into play far more often that the AV. Take the MA and thank Nuffle!
Bram

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2017 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:
Because you are going to pay 20 TV every game for having, maybe, a +1 modifier on the roll, so it's not even a guaranteed rr.
Undead are fine with 3 rrs, while if Elves are at high TV where 20 doesn't matter then they are better off playing with 4 team rrs outright.
It's better to have a sure rr for 50 TV than a potential rr for TV 20 given by an event that could not even happen or where modifiers could not matter.

True. It's all about considering if 20 TV is a lot or isn't a lot. For me in many cases 20 TV isn't a lot.

At 1800 TV and above I often play elves with 4 rerolls AND 1 assistant coach + 1 cheerleader.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2017 - 19:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I prefer to save that 20 TV and maybe get (or deny my opponent) a babe/card due to the TV difference, because 4 rrs are plenty for Elves.
A potential card/babe is better than a potential rr, especially if that rr is not needed.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2017 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I have an ass coach and cheerleader on my Undead. Not a lot of tv unless you are near rookie tv level. Remember it helps stop the opponent get a reroll too. Not enough tv to worry about.
Yes ma on the mummy! Get av next time. Though on double 5 block is worth taking as an option.

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2017 - 20:03 Reply with quote Back to top

same here. I like cheerleaders and as coaches because they starve my opponent of another reroll.

Post   Posted: Nov 06, 2017 - 20:05 Reply with quote Back to top

MattDakka wrote:

A potential card/babe is better than a potential rr, especially if that rr is not needed.

undead tend to have surplus cash. Why not buy both?