34 coaches online • Server time: 13:46
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
phillier

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2004 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I just want to know if I am reading this wrong....Humans vs humans....My blitzer has the ball 8 squares from the endzone starting my opponents 2 nd turn 1st half...His ogre double skulls first action and ends his turn. I knock over the only player he has within range move my Blitzer his alotted 7 movement and finish my turn. My opponent concedes because he doesnt play with stallers. Seems a bit ridiculous to me as I wanted to play a game not 3 turns. Maybe I have been labeled a staller or something, I dont know....just wondering if anyone has thoughts on this....do others think I was stalling?
MAGNUM75

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2004 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

The last few minutes in Sweden -Denmark game THATS stalling.
ViQtor

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2004 - 22:56 Reply with quote Back to top

no fun to play but stalling is a good tactic and there are ways to prevent stalling so I hate it but I use it... part of the game... lets not have another foul or not topic plz... :^D

"Is life allways this hard?"
"Yes, allways."
quota

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2004 - 22:58 Reply with quote Back to top

You were playing safe by not doing GFI. If you hadn't scored the following turn you'd have stalled (unless you had a turnover, in which case you couldn't score of course). Wether people find it offensive or not is their choice, but stalling it would be. Conceding when your opponent did is childish if you ask me, but then again, I don't mind people stalling.

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2004 - 22:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Not using a GFI to score isn't even stalling imo, lol.
malitrius

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2004 - 22:59 Reply with quote Back to top

HAHAHAHAHA
banana_fish900

There is a pretty lengthy thread on this which has (blissfully) fallen towards the bottom of the stack.

I think in honor of phillier's opponent's noble sacrifice in conceeding the aforementioned game as an act of defiance that will be heard throughout fumbbl for generations--nay for millenia to come that we should symbollically "stall" this thread and not post to it.
SkatKat

Well, if you didnt even knock over the rest of his gang and fouled one of them I think youre an inexperienced coach who should a learn a trick or two :p

Besides from that, why do you even need to ask? You chose not to challenge your dice gods and risk the 1/1 for the GFI... To me it seems youre only asking because you want some attention, noone in their right mind would even have to ask this question...
phillier

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2004 - 23:05 Reply with quote Back to top

It is more a question I guess of whether or not I have been put on some sort of "Staller list"(i am being a bit facecious here). Given my incredible ability to injure and kill my players on gfi, I avoid it when I can...More than anything I just wanted to vent. My opponent conceded graciously and was nice enough only saying he doesnt play with stallers. I try to discuss it with him but apparently in his mind I am just that...a dirty staller Sad
Zy-Nox

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2004 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

i wouldnt worry about it tbh.
I rarely go for it too Wink

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2004 - 23:16 Reply with quote Back to top

phillier wrote:
It is more a question I guess of whether or not I have been put on some sort of "Staller list"(i am being a bit facecious here). Given my incredible ability to injure and kill my players on gfi, I avoid it when I can...More than anything I just wanted to vent. My opponent conceded graciously and was nice enough only saying he doesnt play with stallers. I try to discuss it with him but apparently in his mind I am just that...a dirty staller Sad

Don't you hate that? Well, if someone was going to take offense at that, then do you really want to play them again? I glad to hear that he or she was at least willing to deal with it in a reasonable fashion but it seems a pretty petty thing to get that worked up over.

It does drive me nuts, however, when I feel like someone has the wrong ipression about me and nothing I can do will change it. As such, I feel your pain.

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2004 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that sweden and demarks stall was excellent! That the referee ended the game after 1 min overtime was fantastic!
Nekosama

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2004 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I wish someone would just conceed when they are playing me : )
Baffers

Post   Posted: Jun 22, 2004 - 23:57 Reply with quote Back to top

The Sweden - Denmark match... oh man, those last couple of minutes were hilarious! I laughed so hard coke came out of my nose and I nearly wet myself. But was it fixed? We'll never know!
Kenty

Post   Posted: Jun 23, 2004 - 00:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I also enjoyed the end of the Denmark/Sweden game... bye bye Italy.
 Jump to: