13 coaches online • Server time: 05:51
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kondor

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2017 - 09:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Like most of you, I cannot afford miniatures for every Blood Bowl team. Therefore, I have come up with what I think is the next best thing.

I am making game tokens for the teams I do not own. Eventually I plan to make tokens for all teams. I have competed tokens for Amazon, Norse, and Slann.

As an example let's look at the Amazon team. I made a player portrait using gimp and overlaid the position name, stat line, and starting skills for each position. I then made a word document filled with 30 mm squares. Finally, I placed 16 linewomen, 4 blitzers, two throwers, and two catchers on the grid.

My plan is to print it on a high quality printer, cut up the squares, and then laminate the squares. At that point, I will have nice icons to represent an amazon team. Sure miniatures would be better, but this should do in a pinch.

As a side benefit, I can do the same with stunty and secret league teams where I will never find appropriate miniatures.

If someone can tell me how to share a word document on this site, I will make these pages available to everyone as I complete them.
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2017 - 09:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Upload it to somewhere, share a link
Eg Google Drive, Microsoft OneDrive
datom

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2017 - 09:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Seen this Kondor?

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1036987/homebrew-blood-bowl-21-teams
https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=24082

Can't find a link to the pdf but a similar idea. There was also another example I found online once but can't find.

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2017 - 11:17
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

cant we just take wait 5 years and then all 3d print our own teams?

People smarter then me keep telling me I'll need/want a 3d printer, and it's the only use I've ever come up with as to why.

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2017 - 11:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Personal 3D printers are pure hype
It's very rare that anyone would justify buying a 3D printer of their own, compared to just paying a company to print for them - Which already exists

You need the 3D model files tho... Maybe is possible to extract them from BB2 perhaps but that'd be infringement

3D printing is expensive and I'd expect a team to end up costing similar to what GW charge, (injection molding is cheap)
Kondor

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2017 - 12:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok. Somebody try this and tell me if you can see it, and print it.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B39UUiTNud0tdTZJRjJfek1pMDJUTE0zY3R4ZEhJMWo1Rjl3/view?usp=sharing

My thought is that after I laminate them, I can drop them into a zip lock bag and have them forever.
b4nshee

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2017 - 13:22 Reply with quote Back to top

I can see the document and thus could print it.

Thunder and lightning heading your way
kummo

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2017 - 15:38 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
cant we just take wait 5 years and then all 3d print our own teams?

People smarter then me keep telling me I'll need/want a 3d printer, and it's the only use I've ever come up with as to why.

Haha, that is one of my ideas too Smile

Except that i might not need my own printer.

City next to mine has 3d printer in library. I'm thinking if i should just book a time like once a week or once per 2 weeks, try to either find existing models from internet or try and make my own and just print them there (i think it's either cheap or even free to do).

(Their library and our library are under same network so i have library card and rights to use it) Razz
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2017 - 15:43 Reply with quote Back to top

There's web shop where u can buy specific Lego pieces, right?
So potentially we could complie list of parts to make various costumed minifigs that look suitable
Humans, Amazons etc probably easy, nurgle probably difficult
Kondor

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2017 - 17:47 Reply with quote Back to top

b4nshee wrote:
I can see the document and thus could print it.

Thank you. I will put together more and make them available in the appropriate forum section.
Roland

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2017 - 17:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Sp00keh wrote:
There's web shop where u can buy specific Lego pieces, right?
So potentially we could complie list of parts to make various costumed minifigs that look suitable
Humans, Amazons etc probably easy, nurgle probably difficult

Ahem...
http://s61.photobucket.com/user/Talarius/library/Blood%20Bowl/Lego%20Blood%20Bowl?sort=3&page=1
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Nov 22, 2017 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh yesss exactly! they're amazing
Some of the str5 guys are huge and some are normal size..

Also if they're each standing on a 4x4 board, u could add to the base to show skills, "Lego round plate 1x1" in different colours
 Jump to: