39 coaches online • Server time: 13:36
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Skill choice for Crucible
Dodge
26%
 26%  [ 8 ]
Jump Up
20%
 20%  [ 6 ]
Sidestep
20%
 20%  [ 6 ]
Guard
33%
 33%  [ 10 ]
Total Votes : 30

Keothi

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2017 - 06:28 Reply with quote Back to top

JU is great in tandem with DT and also deters a coach's choice to follow up with their player on a knockdown as they fear the 3+ free hit chance.

Sidestep can also be golden from the perspective that you can sometimes organise a favourable chain-push by blocking an opponent, forcing him into your sidestepping bloater and he chooses a square where he ends up adjacent to hit someone valuable that he wasn't previously in contact with.

Having said all that, might I suggest ignore the double and take Grab.

He has tackle, block, ST4, claw and mighty blow. He is the perfect elf hitter and grab negates sidestep on a blitz AND a normal hit on a normal player you can set up a sideline surf that didn't previously exist, or plant them in a good spot for a gang foul. In my last game, I used my Grab Orc blitzer to block Prince Moranion and shift him into a surf situation with a blitz from my dauntless, frenzy blitzer. The elf coach thought he was safe. a 1D block (PUSHBACK) moved him into the right spot and I blitzed him off. $230k of inducement missing for the H2 drive and the game turned right there. I'm a big fan of having at least one Tackle, Block, MB + Grab player on a bash team to negate the blodge/SS effectiveness of Elf and Skaven sides. I rate Grab and it is versatile against bash and agile teams alike.
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2017 - 08:44 Reply with quote Back to top

A lot of coaches give good examples of incidental uses of certain skills. For me this guy ismissing the skill that is ALWAYS beneficial: guard

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2017 - 16:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
A lot of coaches give good examples of incidental uses of certain skills. For me this guy ismissing the skill that is ALWAYS beneficial: guard
guard is great, but this guy should miss out on it. Nurgle get plenty of S access, so he should have plenty of other guards in the long run.

I speak from personal experience. Jump up, ST bloaters are game changers and your best hope of doing those pesky elves from running all over you
thoralf

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2017 - 16:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Cloggy wrote:
the skill that is ALWAYS beneficial: guard

Elves approve.

Post   Posted: Nov 29, 2017 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you all for the excellent advice. A bunch of unique perspectives that I had not considered. Probably should be noted that thoralf's WE's are my next opponent in the league Smile

I need to watch some of Anti's games and see if I like what I see...

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2017 - 00:29 Reply with quote Back to top

I recommend JU or Grab - one takes advantage of the double, the other does not. Both improve your offensive capabilities and he's the wrong guy to give dodge or guard to based on the other skills you've given him to date.

I don't think you'd regret either choice. The synergy is there for DT + JU and it makes you more inclined to use DT as you're not sacrificing 3 MA next turn when you stand him up.
thoralf

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2017 - 07:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Charlie will regret any of his choices.

Post   Posted: Nov 30, 2017 - 10:07 Reply with quote Back to top

JU: agreed, but I suck and just love sploshing elves all over the astrogranite, so best not listen to me
juck101

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2018 - 23:08 Reply with quote Back to top

ss is a combo with DT, so might as well do that
 Jump to: