41 coaches online • Server time: 14:04
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Eisenherz

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2017 - 13:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey,

this will sound so strange, but i have the feeleing that the odds on fumbbl are way off. I know its crazy, bad games happen and so on, but just take a look at my last game here. Its absolutely crazy.

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3948955

I think the odds were way off - i had 5 double skulls, got 4 cas vs. Elven Union 2 of them kills and made 1 - and we had an equal amount of blocks.

Feel free to look through my games i am certain you wont find many lucky ones but a lot of bad ones.

I have played a lot of games on fumbbl and i have never felt lucky. In fact i had some pretty bad mess ups, especially in some tourney games. I ragequit at least twice.
Lately i started playing BB TT and had some games on BB2 and here is the thing: I am not really lucky on those platforms, but i never had the bad games i had here on fumbbl.

And right now i am very, very tired of it.
Roland

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2017 - 14:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Harad

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2017 - 14:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I started looking through your games and found a good balance of good and bad luck. I think psychologically the games where we are unlucky stick more than those where we are lucky.

Last edited by Harad on Dec 05, 2017 - 14:12; edited 1 time in total
PeteW

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2017 - 14:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Please use clean language only on Fumbbl. I have edited your post.

I have played over 2600 games on Fumbbl. Some I have been lucky, others I have been unlucky. Most have been balanced. I think you need to play a lot more games to make a firm conclusion.

Part of the fun of Bloodbowl is the d6 mechanic. It means that sometimes, the most crazy stuff will happen. My goblins drew CDs in the Box this week. Blitz! The chainsaw killed one CD, then the bomma threw a bomb. It was intercepted FOUR times before fumbling and killing another CD. Great times. Lost the game 1-0 but the amount of fun made it feel like a win.

Game on!

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2017 - 14:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Harad wrote:
I think psychologically the games where we are unlucky stick more than those where we are lucky.

+1
robocoyote

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2017 - 14:36 Reply with quote Back to top

a quick look at the dice stats shows a nice spread. Only thing that stands out is him rolling a couple more pows than average and you rolling quite a few pushes. It happens
neubau

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2017 - 14:56 Reply with quote Back to top

four failed 2d blocks are unlucky, especially in the first three consecutive turns, but thats just nuffle. rookie games are far more dicey than games at higher tv, so it will happen.

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2017 - 15:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Fake news.
b4nshee

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2017 - 15:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Alternative facts! Wink

Thunder and lightning heading your way
Eisenherz

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2017 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the feedback guys. You are sure right that unlucky one stick more.
I still think this was a heck of a bad game and i dont understand how some can call it an even spread.
Maybe i can stay away from playing games for a while. Like to watch games too, especially in tourneys.

And PeteW: I watched that game. My thoughts were: Yay, he will finally get a beating. THen you killed that first dwarf and the Pete was going on. I would really like to see you have bad luck once - maybe you can help me out with a reply.

Again, thanks for the replies, i appreciate it.
Harad

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2017 - 17:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I thought Pete wasn't the luckiest in this game.

https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=3684419
PeteW

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2017 - 17:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Harad wrote:
I thought Pete wasn't the luckiest in this game.

https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=3684419

A-ha-ha-ha.

and yes, the dice stats for that are a good example in point. The injury dice were massively skewed towards the higher numbers!!!

If you are prepared to search, you can find plenty of games where the dice went against me...!!!

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2017 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Except for me. I am lucky in every game. Fact.
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2017 - 17:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Me too. If you win vs me, it's only because I let you win. Razz

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2017 - 17:34 Reply with quote Back to top

It's all random and we know this, despite it being irritating when we get bad runs of luck, BUT

I've played a lot of games and in some of those games bombs have been thrown around and having a bomb intercepted four times in a row seems almost standard.

Can't believe I'm throwing this out there... I'll be with that dude whose name escapes me who complained for years about the RNG (is that the right acronym?)

PeteW wrote:
The chainsaw killed one CD, then the bomma threw a bomb. It was intercepted FOUR times before fumbling and killing another CD.
Game on!
 Jump to: