19 coaches online • Server time: 02:34
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Learning BB in YouTu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
PeteW

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2017 - 17:59 Reply with quote Back to top

Calling SPIRO!!!! We need you!

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2017 - 18:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir wrote:

I've played a lot of games and in some of those games bombs have been thrown around and having a bomb intercepted four times in a row seems almost standard.

I've notice something similar. Whenever a bomb is thrown at someone, it is *always* caught. Like 100% of the time. Also I don't think there's any fuse roll.

As a result I never throw at someone, just adjacent.

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2017 - 18:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Eisenherz wrote:
Hey,

this will sound so strange, but i have the feeleing that the odds on fumbbl are way off. I know its crazy, bad games happen and so on, but just take a look at my last game here. Its absolutely crazy.

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3948955

I think the odds were way off - i had 5 double skulls, got 4 cas vs. Elven Union 2 of them kills and made 1 - and we had an equal amount of blocks.

Feel free to look through my games i am certain you wont find many lucky ones but a lot of bad ones.

I have played a lot of games on fumbbl and i have never felt lucky. In fact i had some pretty bad mess ups, especially in some tourney games. I ragequit at least twice.
Lately i started playing BB TT and had some games on BB2 and here is the thing: I am not really lucky on those platforms, but i never had the bad games i had here on fumbbl.

And right now i am very, very tired of it.

I have had plenty of bad luck games but I'm still amazed that someone with over 1000 games played and a very positive win record is complaining about the Random numbers on here.

You have "NEVER FELT LUCKY"? That really tells a lot about your mindset. If you smash someone in to the ground such as with more casualties you will always put that down to your superior skill?? Be reasonable man.

Very, very obviously the average play level is higher on here than on Cyanide and on many tabletop leagues that include relatively casual players. That is why you are not winning almost every match. Though you are still doing well.
The game code is not biased against you.

Last edited by garyt1 on %b %05, %2017 - %22:%Dec; edited 2 times in total
Eisenherz

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2017 - 19:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Couldnt help myself, here ist the next game:

7 out at the end of the game for me.

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3949007

No more games for me this year
sann0638

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2017 - 19:52 Reply with quote Back to top

<37 minutes later - activates in box>

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2017 - 19:59 Reply with quote Back to top

I liked the game where a Zombie, Mummy and Troll were tossing the bomb back and forth until the Mummy finally thru it back at the troll only for it to scatter back to the original bomber, who shrugs it off. I can only conclude that Nuffle loves random bomb action.

Joost

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2017 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Arktoris wrote:
Malmir wrote:

I've played a lot of games and in some of those games bombs have been thrown around and having a bomb intercepted four times in a row seems almost standard.

I've notice something similar. Whenever a bomb is thrown at someone, it is *always* caught. Like 100% of the time. Also I don't think there's any fuse roll.

As a result I never throw at someone, just adjacent.

Agreed, I've noticed the same. It's not even close to how often a passed ball is intercepted. Since I think the RNG uses multiple types of input from games to generate the next number (like poker sites do) this may well be a real bug. Other than that I have not noticed the rolls being weird or uneven.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2017 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Eisenherz wrote:
Couldnt help myself, here ist the next game:

7 out at the end of the game for me.

https://fumbbl.com/FUMBBL.php?page=match&id=3949007

No more games for me this year

Your casualties suffered were 2 badly hurts Very Happy That and some kos..

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2017 - 22:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Joost wrote:
Agreed, I've noticed the same. It's not even close to how often a passed ball is intercepted. Since I think the RNG uses multiple types of input from games to generate the next number (like poker sites do) this may well be a real bug. Other than that I have not noticed the rolls being weird or uneven.

Though most often the bomb catch is a catch roll rather than a true intercept.

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2017 - 22:55 Reply with quote Back to top

RNG stands for Random Name Generator, among other things.

Please, do not mention Spiro.

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2017 - 23:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Roland wrote:

ConSPIROcy!! Shocked

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2017 - 23:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Why are you posting this in the 'League' forum, by the way? Everyone knows the biggest conspirocy is in Ranked ... lol

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
Grod

Post   Posted: Dec 05, 2017 - 23:43 Reply with quote Back to top

I think the RNG tries to compensate - if you get some good luck one game, it makes sure you get a run of bad luck in your next games. It's hardly random like a dice is on tabletop, it's a computer program with a mysterious algorithm behind it.

Also proof it can't be random: the only player I ever had on Fumbbl that was close to legend went for a GFI on turn 16 to score a winning TD (and the SPP would have made him a legend) but he tripped and died instead Sad. What is the real chance if that? Like a 1000 to 1, but on FUMBBL it's like 100 percent.

Oscar Wilde
garyt1

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2017 - 00:22 Reply with quote Back to top

The 1st paragraph is fine trolling Grod. Smile

Though GFI in endzone always seems disturbingly high pressured and prone to fail :-O

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2017 - 00:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Malmir wrote:

Can't believe I'm throwing this out there... I'll be with that dude whose name escapes me who complained for years about the RNG (is that the right acronym?)

His name was Spiro. We miss him.

Jump to: