35 coaches online • Server time: 13:39
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Buu88

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2017 - 19:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey so I have a game against a dwarf player that has some games on me and decently skilled up..I really dont see anything that is going to help too much against that much block/guard pieces.

We use most NAF rules + GW rules
We dont use Wizards
We dont use cards

I was thinking chef to help curb him from picking up the ball but my luck with it is low and im not sure how much I need more rerolls with 3 + leader already. Plus I could get either a babe or spend 30K and get Horatio.

I can get Jordell + Horatio an extra player plus a random bomb every half.

Even though I have horrible odds with it I think Horatio would be good for a slow team who will clump up.

Any other ideas or thoughts?

My team - http://thenaf.obblm.com/index.php?section=objhandler&type=1&obj=2&obj_id=2529&subsec=man#anc

His Team - http://thenaf.obblm.com/index.php?section=objhandler&type=1&obj=2&obj_id=1631
lawofthewest

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2017 - 19:29 Reply with quote Back to top

don't roll double skulls

Rule 1: Never tell everything you know.
kummo

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2017 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

You are not fan of Eldril? Hypnogaze can literally open some opportunities. He is almost like miniwizard by himself.
DonnyRainboe

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2017 - 20:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Eldril Sidewinder 
 Loner, Catch, Dodge, Hypnotic Gaze, Nerves of Steel, Pass Block 

He is great v cages,

Else babes and an extra doctor.
Buu88

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2017 - 20:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, my only thing against him was he only has dodge and he has lots of tackle. But I was liking the hypnotic gaze,
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2017 - 21:48 Reply with quote Back to top

merc with dirty player plus bribes

then foul...a lot

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2017 - 23:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Eldril for sure, and at least one babe. Pity you don't have cards, with 350k I would have taken 2 babes, Eldril and a card. As it is, I'd take 1 babe, an apo and Eldril. Chef really isn't worth it, too expensive and may not help at all. Jordell is ok but also a bit expensive, he may have Ag5 but with Loner it's not really worth much - too unreliable. Eldril is much better! Besides you already have an Ag5 Wardancer, miles better than Jordell and golden for wood elfs. Keep him safe, don't get into a blocking war and try to outmanouevre him. If he has any bad luck with the ball pounce with your Ag5 guy and shift it quickly.
DrDeath

Post   Posted: Dec 06, 2017 - 23:59 Reply with quote Back to top

P.S. Yes Eldril is a bit vulnerable against dwarfs but he's still the best choice in my book - if he cracks open a cage and you get the ball he's worth it, even if he gets taken out early! Keep him safe too until you can use him, and remember with the babe/s too he has a good chance of sticking around even with a few knocks.
Buu88

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2017 - 02:58 Reply with quote Back to top

So Nuffle was on my side this day. I forgot I only had 10 players since I was down my star dancer. I ended up going Eldril and a apothecary costing 20k of my own, the second apothecary wasnt even used. I won 4-0. He kicked to me and I scored on turn 4. Kicked to him and got Blitz to score again. Second half I kicked to him and he double skull twice ending his turn early which allowed me the ability to get the ball again and score. The last time he didnt set up his cage fully and I was able to knock down his ball carrier, with a 2d against which I had to reroll into 2 defender stumbles, and run off with it. He rolled a total of 5 double skulls, which ate up a ton of his rerolls, only 1 was a double double skull. Some of them he was already out of rerolls though so it ended his turn really early.

He also only ended up hurting one of my linemen and he only ended up missing the rest of the game, I used my apothecary kinda stupidly for a KO on my dancer since he was really my defensive piece that could score easily.

Eldril was pretty good, I pretty much used him to free up spots without having to blitz the person. His cages were filled with guard so I wasnt able to really do much in terms of cutting off a lot of that support. But he helped a lot with making me have to roll more dice I could fail.

Thanks for the advice on him, I kinda overlooked him because he only had dodge and against dwarf with lots of tackle that was giving him 50/50 odds to put him down.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2017 - 08:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Er, I only see a 120k TV difference? Am I being thick?
garyt1

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2017 - 18:17 Reply with quote Back to top

That is the difference after the match with his injured wardancer back.
Looks like it was a fine Elf day!

Post   Posted: Dec 07, 2017 - 22:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh it was. He made some serious dodges and blocks but it wasnt so bad for me either. I think the only thing I failed after a reroll was a leap, which would have scored me a 5th TD. It was the best game I could have expected. I fought him last season with my skaven and it was the complete opposite. I got diced hard that game so it was a little nice that nuffle decided to give me a break this time.

6 games in 1 dead lineman, 1 niggling linemen, and -1MV on my +AG Dancer. Not too bad really. Slightly better luck than the other elf team in our league, the first season he had tons dead, was always using loners, etc, but now hes in the #1 spot and wrecking havoc.
 Jump to: