42 coaches online • Server time: 10:45
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
stevealmost

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2017 - 10:55 Reply with quote Back to top

So I'm pretty new here and played 26 games. Weird thing is that all these games have been in ranked division and I have requested every single one in gamefinder. I have never been approached to play a match? Is this common or do I have to activate a setting that allows me to accept or even show as available. Also on average I have to ask many times for a game before anyone wants to play? again is this something I'm doing wrong?

Any info would be great, I end up coming on to find a game then can't for half an hour then leave.

I'm reluctant to play black box as I'm fairly new and don't want carved up by high TV Chaos at the hands of a veteran coach
sonrises

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2017 - 11:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Try LEAGUE division too. 145 League highly recomended if you new to FUMBBL and BB.
stevealmost

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2017 - 11:10 Reply with quote Back to top

How do you find games in league? I entered a team in 145 but now what?

Sorry about all the noob questions
tussock

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2017 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't recognise most of the coaches you've played, so I guess you're not in my timezone. Very Happy

Box is fine, it's got more games than ranked recently with the Trophy Challenge, and enough young teams you won't hit the big Chaos too early. Haven't hit any myself for a month or so now and I've always got big teams in the draw for them.

145 club run a tournament now and then, but PM the group admins there and they'll let you know more.

There's other leagues for various timezones, my sig has a couple Eastern time ones, check out the groups page has the active ones, and for some time zones they're a lot more reliable than R or B, though for round-robin scheduled games usually.

In R, people want to play what they want to play, all you can do is offer reasonable matches.

Otherwise, work on building up a big mean team for a big tourney, enjoy the games you get on the way. Very Happy

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2017 - 12:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey

Your team for 145 is sitting in the waiting room to be accepted. The 145 league is monthly(ish) so you will be contacted when a new one starts or added in.

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2017 - 14:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Keep an eye on this thread for the start of a new 145 tournament. (Well, and you should get a PM with the scheduling thread when it starts too.) The previous season >just< ended, and I believe the commissioner indicated he'd be starting up a new one right after the holidays.

Note: You can also create teams in the [L]eague division, and look for games in gamefinder. You can ALSO create Secret League teams (be sure to put '[SL]' or something in the teamname to denote them as part of the secret league), and also find matches for THOSE teams in gamefinder. And of course, you can also log into Discord (the Secret League or 145 servers seem good for this), and find an opponent there as well. Smile
stowelly

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2017 - 15:57 Reply with quote Back to top

It looks like you only have ranked teams. if you are applying to a league with a team you will need to specify League when creating the team
arry

Post   Posted: Dec 16, 2017 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

And don't fear the box! First, there are protections in place that for 30 games your team won't encounter big TV disparities, which in practice means that you are matched evenly (or with an advantage if you play Norse, Undead or other 1000TV-friendly teams). Second, if you play against an experienced coach you have an opportunity to learn. Third, many people run fun races nowadays. Fourth, the killing power of big chaosnurgle was curbed with the latest rules changes. Lastlt, you can get paired against an inept button clicker like me.
 Jump to: