37 coaches online • Server time: 12:00
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
shalin

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2018 - 23:07 Reply with quote Back to top

HI there,

I've got the final match before the play-offs in my TT league. I'm humans and my opponent is rats. If I win and a couple of other coaches lose then i get through - frankly it's unlikely but i want to give it my best shot.

So question is inducements. My tv is 1200, ( ag4 thrower and catcher, a bit of block, mblow and 1 guard). I don't know what he's got; I'm not sure of the TV difference but I think it will be 150-200.

I think my options are:
1. Get a merc blitzer with Tackle to counter the Gutters. ( i don't have any tackle on my team.)
2. Buy a bribe and systematically foul him off the pitch. I'm not that into bribing, but my opponent isn't taking his team into next season, so if i do trash them i won't feel so bad.
3. Wizard, I'm not so hot on that as the only time i've had one before I've forgotten about it.
4. Something else?

Any thoughts appreciated!
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2018 - 23:20 Reply with quote Back to top

If you have no tackle, then merc blitzer with tackle would be my choice. Key to beating Skaven is usually to take out the gutter runners.
DarthPhysicist

Post   Posted: Jan 07, 2018 - 23:41 Reply with quote Back to top

I like the foul option personally, but you have to make sure you're fouling regularly with plenty of assists. You can make 3 die blocks on GRs fairly easily and if you only have one tackle, he might be hard to keep in range of where he needs to be (also, you're short a blitzer? I'm assuming because it's implied).

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2018 - 07:16 Reply with quote Back to top

The hard thing with tackle is if only one player has it, then he can just run around you. Rats can almost one turn (he may have a one turner gutter or build up to score.

If he receives, let him score quickly. If he stalls punish, punish, punish. If he kicks, stall and do damage.

The human stars I would look for are:
Helmut Wulf (chainsaw)
Zara the Slayer (stab)
who can at least take out a rat if they get close enough.

If Helmut is allowed I would say he would be a MUST. As your victory plan basically relies on him not scoring and you taking out his players.

But both of these players I think will rack up more kills then foul a rama.
Strider84

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2018 - 09:01 Reply with quote Back to top

wizard is the best option here I would say, especially with the Ag 4 Catcher and Thrower. don't forget you can still foul without a bribe, especially the gutter runners :-I
shalin

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2018 - 13:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the responses. Turns out he's 1570Tv, giving me 370 inducements. Yikes!

So that allows for fouling and something else.

I'm still thinking to take a tackle merc blitzer (yes 1 is MNG) for 170.
Bribe for 100
and either a dp merc line-o or wulf (130 or 110) meaning i'd need to pay 10 or 30 out of my treasury. Either way that would take me to 13 players which seems like a good thing.
I'm a bit scared of taking wulf (rolling 1's and losing him quickly), but if i'm using him as a foul machine he does remove the need for assists.
Wizards ive never used, the one time i had one i forgot about it.

Of course with the extra dosh i could get Grif and a babe. Last time i had a big match he cost me the game with a couple of key dud rolls, so although st4 would be handy I'm less inclined to take him this time.

Any additional opinions now I have more money?
Guardikai

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2018 - 20:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Take wulf and good luck! Keep him protected.
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2018 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

If you can get the assists, a DP loner is better than Helmut Wolf for fouling (+1 on injury rolls, no 1d6 roll for kickback). If you can't get the assists, that probably means Helmut is isolated and waiting to be removed. So I'd take the DP loner.

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2018 - 00:18 Reply with quote Back to top

I took the dp loner and tackle Blitzer. Both did my proud. Won 3-2 against a pretty scary team. Thanks for the advice! Then my ag4 catcher went to lvl 3 and got ag again! Human elves here we come...
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2018 - 02:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Gratz!

Post   Posted: Jan 10, 2018 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Nice!
 Jump to: