51 coaches online • Server time: 13:53
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
finsterface

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2019 - 17:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Desultory wrote:

I don't think I was ever impolite to you.

yes, your email (which Christer provided) was very polite in tone, but I would personally be offended by this request...

Desultory wrote:

I changed my mind about donating, after my terrible experience with these admins. I don't see why that is so awful.

...As I understand it, you didn't just change your "mind about donating", but really were asking to get your donation back, which you had already made at some point in the past. If I were Christer, I'd be insulted.

To me it's like breaking up with a girlfriend. It can happen - it might even be necessary at some point - and it might be painful. But it is not an insult in itself. What I would find insulting though, is demanding a gift back. That's something I might be able to justify when I've purposely been cheated on in a very bad way, such that I just want to hurt back. Maybe in order to get some kind of confession from my partner, that *she* really messed up bad, etc...

If you find this a bit too much on the sensitive side, why don't you just consider your legal rights. Refering to wikipedia (under section "legal aspects") it reads: Donations are given without return consideration.
So imagine in RL, if one had donated money to a Charity or some kind of human-rights-NGO, etc. - under what kind of scenario might one consider a request to refund a donation at least morally appropriate? I would say: If they really deceived their donors or embezzled some money, etc.

Knowing the cause of *your* request though (unpaid amateur-admins not being professional and being told "shit happens") and you making Christer invest his time to actually refund your donation because of that (which he legally would not have had to do) makes me wanna puke.

Yes, my words might not be polite, but that's how I truely feel about that. Crying or Very sad

As far as Christer is concerned: If he was a Rookie-player on my team, I'd save every MVP for him until he got at least these skills:

1. Block
2. +AV
3. Stand Firm
4. Mighty Blow

Instead (judging by his responses in this thread), someone must have given him:

1. Sidestep
2. Fend

...what a waste of potential Rolling Eyes Wink Laughing

Last edited by finsterface on Jan 08, 2019 - 17:41; edited 1 time in total
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2019 - 17:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Desultory wrote:

mrt was a troll and it seems like he will always be a troll.

This is fresh for Dakka, so of course he is going to be frustrated. I feel his frustrations, because I experience the same thing. I left the site for 2 years because of it, and the issue hasn't been fixed.

I completely agree and support everything Dakka wrote.

A troll who commishes the premiere North American league, runs and coordinates Bar Brawls, never says a bad word to anyone in game about luck, skill, or anything of that nature, is willing to grit his teeth and own his mistakes (And I admit, I get a bit caustic towards those I feel are malignant) and generally tries to encourage people to enjoy the game in terms beyond Coach vs Coach so they can sustain a lifelong appreciation and engagement with a free online game.

Listen baby cakes, when you have some skin in the game, maybe you can toss around the word troll with some gravitas. Until then, you're someone who left and only resurfaced to air your grievances and the company sharing in your grievances are two of the most notoriously difficult, obstinate and unlikable coaches on the site.

It's more rich than cream to see someone who only has problems throw the word troll around as if there would be a way to satisfy them ever again.

Do you really think you have anything further to add to the conversation at this point? Laughing
Rbthma

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2019 - 18:05 Reply with quote Back to top

ramchop wrote:
This is such a negative thread. "Why isn't FUMBBL growing?" - negative in title and content.

"How can we grow FUMBBL?"
In my corner of the world one of our most experienced TT coaches (#3 NAF ranked Chaos coach, #9 ranked Slann) played his first game of FUMBBL last night. Attracted here by a NZ based Secret League starting soon. He's been around the TT world for ages, not too computer literate, but seems to have enjoyed his first foray into this space. I expect there are other coaches like him who just need to take that first step.

And then there are coaches new to Blood Bowl. A big increase in their numbers thanks to the renewed attention of GW. A percentage of them might sniff around here with encouragement. A percentage of them might get hooked.

How to grow FUMBBL? Be part of making it an even better place. And there are many ways of doing this. Playing nice is a good start.

Agreed. Every day I see new coaches on FUMBBL playing matches, every 145 tournament has brand new coaches in it. Almost all I chat with have had previous BB exposure whether it was some time ago, BB2 or TT -why not give them incentive to stick around?
Sweep12121

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2019 - 19:37 Reply with quote Back to top

Thirded!
Thoroughly enjoyed reading this, but I think we’re more than done here.

Can I suggest the thread gets locked and we contribute to Ramchop’s positive blog?
Sweep12121

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2019 - 20:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Thirded!

Can I suggest the thread gets locked and we contribute to Ramchop’s positive blog?
awambawamb

Post   Posted: Jan 08, 2019 - 21:41 Reply with quote Back to top

Sweep12121 wrote:
Thirded!

indeed. if only certain people would refrain to post anywhere... if you don't like the rules you have accepted on subscription, don't play on FUMBBL. it's that easy.

Jim_Fear

Post   Posted: Jan 09, 2019 - 06:04 Reply with quote Back to top

You could turn this thread into a fun drinking game; take a shot every time Matt uses the word "punish/ed."

Now, off to the positive thread!
Dominik

Post   Posted: Jan 25, 2019 - 17:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Dominik wrote:
Christer wrote:
Desultory wrote:
I am sick and tired of the admins lack of caring and lack of professionalism.

Desultory wrote:
I don't know what insult you refer to. I don't believe I ever directly insulted you. I don't think I was ever impolite to you. We haven't had any correspondence other than what you posted. I believe it's the first time you ever addressed me.

And yes, this was the first message you ever sent to me. Your first message was saying that the admin team, which includes me, lacks caring and lacks professionalism. A staff team that I hand picked and trust.

In all honest and respect for your great effort that you put in FUMBBL, one certain administrator lacks politeness or has at least lost it after that many years of being in an official function and dealing with thousands of inquiries.
But if I have to choose between a polite yet frequently inactive administrator and a grumpy always-online administrator, I'd choose the second one.
So maybe this explains why you stick to him for all these years.

I have to apologize here. The person I was talking about is not in an administrative position anymore. I hope that no one of the current staff felt offended.
 Jump to: