29 coaches online • Server time: 01:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
shalin

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2018 - 15:18 Reply with quote Back to top

HI there,

So playing TT, about to get my ag4 catcher his 2nd skill. I've got another one with Block. I had been thinking to make a wrestle/strip ball guy. BUt i wonder if that's a waste of his ag4. And whether i wouldn't be better of giving him block?
GIven that a ball hawk player is good to have i wonder about hiring a 3rd catcher. If i'm running a 13 man bench is that a good idea or would i better off with more low skilled linemen for the LOS?

Any thoughts appreciated.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2018 - 15:23 Reply with quote Back to top

AG4 Human Catcher is gold. He can get Leap on a Single which opens up a lot of options. He could be a wannabe Wardancer with Wrestle, Tackle, Dauntless, but it's a loooong way to get there and he'll probably die before you're done. Also, if he's you're only AG4, you'll want him for ball handling / retrieval.

I'd go Block for protection, then Leap, then Side Step.
DonnyRainboe

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2018 - 16:13 Reply with quote Back to top

As Verminardo says AG4 human catcher is gold.

Block is an answer. If you have two AG4 catchers you can consider wrestle imho.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2018 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Block.
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2018 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Dirty player then sneaky git then leap for a mobile fouler
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2018 - 17:01 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry, PaddyMick, he's too rare and expensive for that.

Yeah, Block. Leap isn't a bad call at all.

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2018 - 18:30 Reply with quote Back to top

Unless you had an ag4 thrower already I would go the block, sure hands route with the catcher.
Actually even with a good thrower already I would be tempted to give the catcher block. Wrestle isn't so good for S2 and it is not like you have ag4 replacements ready like Skaven do.

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2018 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

After Block I would take Side Step because it makes 1TTD attempts easier and makes the catcher not surfable in half cages near side lines.
licker

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2018 - 19:38 Reply with quote Back to top

It depends on your play style (how likely is he to have the ball and get hit), but I tend to prefer wrestle on my ST2 players these days.

Gutters I go half and half. Skinks are trickier, but it's a double anyway, and sure hands is so much better I think, that I usually don't have to decide anyway Smile
PaddyMick

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2018 - 20:00 Reply with quote Back to top

JackassRampant wrote:
Sorry, PaddyMick, he's too rare and expensive for that.

https://www.fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=10588357

Very Happy
Admittedly he had dp before he rolled ag Smile
mrt1212

Post   Posted: Jan 04, 2018 - 23:17 Reply with quote Back to top

If it's AG4, I take block. He becomes the designated ballman. Wrestle Catchers grow on trees and do the damn thing with or without AG4.

If I already had an AG4 Block catcher, maybe I take Wrestle...
shalin

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2018 - 00:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks. Confirming what I was thinking - block is best. I do have an ag4 thrower as well. Lucky me!
I think I need to slow down my drives, I try to score in 3-4 turns and think I’d do better using the thrower and caging/screening a bit more. Then I could have the catcher lurking and ready to break for the end zone if needed.
kummo

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2018 - 08:48 Reply with quote Back to top

PaddyMick wrote:

Admittedly he had dp before he rolled ag Smile

1st he kicks balls and then he picks ball. No questions.

MattDakka wrote:
After Block I would take Side Step because it makes 1TTD attempts easier and makes the catcher not surfable in half cages near side lines.

Same here. Leap does open options but its still a +3. Sidestep opens up game in a different way (more space and ways to move like chainpushes and sideline cages).
shalin

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2018 - 13:32 Reply with quote Back to top

So sidestep over dauntless? I do end up with my catchers based and could do some sneaky blocks. But I guess the defence advantage of sidestep reaps greater benefits.
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Jan 05, 2018 - 14:06 Reply with quote Back to top

shalin wrote:
So sidestep over dauntless? I do end up with my catchers based and could do some sneaky blocks. But I guess the defence advantage of sidestep reaps greater benefits.

MA 8 AG 4 define the role of ball carrier/1TTD scorer, so Side Step is better than Dauntless, then Leap, Sure Feet and Sprint (assuming no stats are rolled).
Dauntless is not bad but it would use a slot for more important skills, and if you want to take Dauntless, it's better on Wrestle Catchers because Wrestle make them better sackers.
 Jump to: