48 coaches online • Server time: 19:55
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ben_awesome

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2018 - 15:42 Reply with quote Back to top

tussock wrote:
TV optimisation in Blackbox? Whaaaat?

Surely no one would optimise their team's general efficiency in terms of TV in a blind TV-matching environment. That would, like, help them win and stuff. Imagine if instead of building a mega team for a major, someone just cycled players for the perfect set of doubles and stats at low and mid TV and then won almost all of their games forever after. Surely no one would do that.

Next you'll be suggesting people would monovate gigantic murder squads to get as many advantageously murderous mismatches as possible, just for, uh, so they won more.

Wait, do people like winning?

HAHAHAHAHA
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2018 - 18:46 Reply with quote Back to top

ArrestedDevelopment wrote:
XFL is listed as a major for the actual finals. Which are aug-sept. The qualifiers are listed as minors. This is quite clear Razz

Ah. That makes sense, but it's obviously not clear, or I wouldn't have been confused :p
It doesn't clarify why they're listed twice. Other tournaments have qualis and finals but are listed once...
the one listed as a major should say "final" on it, at the very least
SzieberthAdam

Post   Posted: Jan 23, 2018 - 21:34 Reply with quote Back to top

XFL Masters should have its own banner.

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2018 - 09:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Currently the FUMBBL Street Brawls link directs to the Black Box Brawl group.

I suggest that due to the name change the FUMBBL Street Brawls should get a new group and start its tournament numbering from roman numeral I.

Then I could also tag those tournaments differently for SR.

Last edited by SzieberthAdam on Jan 29, 2018 - 12:27; edited 1 time in total
Grod

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2018 - 10:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Christer wrote:
New link for tournaments:
https://fumbbl.com/p/tournaments

Will try to remember updating the main navigation link tonight.

Looks great Christer!

Oscar Wilde
Sp00keh

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2018 - 10:50 Reply with quote Back to top

On the active games page https://fumbbl.com/p/games it still lists warpstone open games under ranked, etc

Should they now be all just under a combined 'tournaments' header?
Cloggy

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2018 - 11:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Sp00keh wrote:
ArrestedDevelopment wrote:
XFL is listed as a major for the actual finals. Which are aug-sept. The qualifiers are listed as minors. This is quite clear Razz

Ah. That makes sense, but it's obviously not clear, or I wouldn't have been confused :p
It doesn't clarify why they're listed twice. Other tournaments have qualis and finals but are listed once...
the one listed as a major should say "final" on it, at the very least

Perhaps I can shed some light on this: The qualifiers for the XFL Masters run throughout the year, while all other events are qualifiers+main event in a single block of time. Also, not all XFL winners join the Masters or people win multiple racial qualifiers and can only enter 1 team in the main event. This means it makes sense to view each qualifier as a separate minor event (or at least I think it does)

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2018 - 15:41 Reply with quote Back to top

None of that information is shown on the page, tho.... It just appears to be a duplicate listing
garyt1

Post   Posted: Jan 29, 2018 - 18:24 Reply with quote Back to top

It was rather a slog to get through this thread. Certainly some disturbing ravings in there.

Having 1 Ranked and 1 Box only major tournament with others mixed makes sense to me, but we can see how attendances and reaction to mixed only goes along this year. As some mentioned having TV limits for some tournaments is important rather than a load of high TV dominated events.

Post   Posted: Mar 21, 2018 - 21:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Milford has some hot opinions on this move but is to drunk and the draw for the UI is in 30 minutes.....He will have to revisit this when he is sober.