35 coaches online • Server time: 16:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Java

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2018 - 16:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi everyone

I have played BB for a while and now I've tried to start playing on FUMBBL, but I can't seem to be able to start the java applet in any way.

I am running windows 8, and I've found out that Firefox and Chrome do not really work with Java, so I've installed Opera because I've read that it already contains Java. By the way, I also have the latest java version installed.

But no matter what I try, every time I click on "Play" or "Spectate", the browser simply downloads the ffblive.jnlp file and I can't find a way to run it. I've tried to open it with Opera or with Java, but nothing happens.

Antivirus and firewall are not an issue because I have neither. If there's anything I have not considered feel free to point that out.

Thanks to anybody who might know the answer.
Java

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2018 - 17:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Update

I've managed to open the file using the javaws.exe file and now I can see the pitch, but I have all the menus and options greyed out and I can't load any teams or seem to be able to even spectate anything

This is the log I get

FantasyFootballClient Version 1.3.0
Connecting to fumbbl.com/78.66.217.160:22223 ...
Connection established.
Player Java joins the game.
You have started a new game named "1035919".
jdm

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2018 - 17:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Java wrote:
Antivirus and firewall are not an issue because I have neither.

Issue right there dude Smile

Firstly, welcome to the site, good to have you. It's a great community of players, plenty of choices to take part in, however you like to play.

Firefox and chrome aren't happy with java (you get messages saying "this file may harm your computer") but they will run it fine, I use both on various PCs and laptops. My suggestion would be to try one of those. Head to https://java.com/en/download/ using firefox or chrome, download the latest version and it will prompt to uninstall any previous versions.

In theory the fblive.jnlp will be download to wherever your downloads go. Have you tried ctrl+f?

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2018 - 17:05 Reply with quote Back to top

What are you clicking to download the java file? Games are organised using the gamefinder (hover over the "game" tab at top of screen and click it).

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2018 - 20:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Ready Your team (on the team Page). You can't play with a pending team.
Edit: okay just realized you managed to play. Welcome to FUMBBL.
JellyBelly

Post   Posted: Jan 27, 2018 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Given your username, you should know all about it! Laughing

"Go for the eyes, Boo! Go for the eyes!!" Razz
Java

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2018 - 00:07 Reply with quote Back to top

I've managed to play one game fine, but now the team's page show's a P next to it and I can't use the gamefinder. I'm confused, but probably this just needs some more fiddling with options, like before.

I'm sure it will be all clear in the end Very Happy

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2018 - 00:14 Reply with quote Back to top

S= Skills need to be picked
P= post match sequence...you haven't bought new players/apo/etc. and readied the team

I would have a read: https://fumbbl.com/help:
Java

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2018 - 01:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, I got that shortly after posting. I think I'll stop spamming here. Thanks for the welcome, everybody! Very Happy

Although I'm still confused as to why my winnings for the second match did not show up in the roster post game :/
JackassRampant

Post   Posted: Jan 28, 2018 - 03:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Probably because you spent the money from the first game on inducements.