31 coaches online • Server time: 01:11
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
MarckusOfCamlan

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2018 - 18:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello everyone,

Sometimes we have some difficulties to find an opponent. But sometimes several knock at the door at the same time.

Instead of seeing only one proposal at a time, couldn't it be possible to the the list of them all?

Cheers,

Joel/Marckus
Throweck

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2018 - 19:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi

Just a few things to clarify:

1) Do you mean in Ranked?

2) Why are there two of you using one account?

3) How are you trying to find games?

T

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2018 - 19:18 Reply with quote Back to top

You do see more than one proposal at a time during the gamefinder. The only thing that might restrict this is your own team selection, settings and TV.

If you see the gamefinder full of coaches who are not proposing games, it is not because you only see one at a time, it is because they are not proposing games Very Happy

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2018 - 20:32 Reply with quote Back to top

In ranked you see a green tick when you have an offer. The start game conform screen comes up when one side has made an offer and the other side ticks it too.
But as others say you should really have separate accounts for each player. With separate stats etc.

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2018 - 20:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Am i the only person who reads that in the OP "we" as a non-native English speaker trying to say a plural you?

And then Joel/marckus is purely because his username is marckusofcamlan but his name is Joel?

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2018 - 20:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Just a few things to clarify:

1) Do you mean in Ranked?

Whatever. Not specific

2) Why are there two of you using one account?

No, the idea is to choose between several options instead of just the one that the system choose to display

3) How are you trying to find games?

GameFinder > I select a few of my teams > I clic on Look for games > I see a few teams/players looking for games and can then select the match I'm ok to play (one of my team and someone else's one)

At this point, if several opponent have selected matches i can play, one, and only one proposal is displayed, and you can decline or accept. Sometime you have one for half a second and it's replaced by another one you want less than the one you hadn't had the time to accept.

When I see your questions I wonder whether we use the same interface. Very Happy
Nextflux

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2018 - 22:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, I dont understand everything you are talking about but ill try to answer.

When you green out the matches you want to play, the others do the same. The moment you have a match (eather by you OK-ing a match or the other guy OK-ing some match you proposed) you get to the confirm page, so you can then start the game.
If someone suddenly dissapairs, thats because the other coach removed that team or entered in a match with anohter.
This is not a system thing, this is a coach/player thing.

if you are the one that accept a proposal from another player, you move to the confirmation page, and the other guy must confirm, if he doesnt, he might have changed his mind or whatever.
All the buttons and the short amount of time, is done and controlled by coaches, it is only controlled by players. If you want to control wich team you play, among others, then remove your selection of it.

also: you have a list already in gamefinder (if you are challenged that team is green), why would you need another list in the confirmation page?
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Feb 03, 2018 - 23:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Having read his explanation - what he's saying is:

Say you propose several matches, and several get accepted, why are you only allowed to decline/accept one of them - the first one to be accepted - when in fact, you may have a preference for another?

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 00:00 Reply with quote Back to top

The idea is if someone ticks your team, you can then play them by accepting that match offer. That's what offering a game is, I'll play my Dwarfs against your Goblins, right now, if you like.

So if you offer a game, and the other coach accepts, you're done. There's a chance to back out yet in case you offered incorrectly, but the match has been made, no matter how many other offers you set out.

So offer the one you want most first, and if it doesn't get accepted, then offer some less preferred games. The offers time out after a while, or the other coach can reject them to speed that up, use that feature.

If you want to see everything the other coach will offer, don't tick anything for a bit, let them offer some games and you can pick which one is best. Or just offer your favourite and leave them to make other offers, and then if you see one that's fun, take it.

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 01:35
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

From a users perspective:

Stage one, select gamefinder and tick the teams you wish to offer for games.

All teams within the parameters you have set (usually 10% of TV) and anyone else listing have set will be shown in a list of possible matches on a page, the gamefinder page. At busy times this may move and change quite quickly, at the start, with low teams, it probably wont move very fast.

Stage 2, either select a game which looks good to play and tick it, or wait for another coach to tick it from their side. If that happens it will turn light green on your page, to show they have ticked the game. The tick indicates that you WANT to play that game, not that you might. If you tick a game it appears on the possible opponents screen as a green lit game, and they get a noise to show them a game is not just possible, but offered.

When BOTH of you have ticked the game you move to stage 3.

Stage 3, here we go the game making screen, it should be your team and one other. both of you have ticked the game to show you want to play it, really this is just a chance to check that you didnt tick the wrong one, but mostly everyone expects both sides to be ready to play that exact game, tick yes, and get the game on.

Easy.

It sounds like you are listing your teams and then ticking every possible match up. your opponents think you are offering to play those games, and the very first to say yes takes you to make that game. if you cancel, maybe others have said yes to 'your offers' and so you jump into that game making screen.

The answer is to only tick any game that you want to play. And bear in mind its an offer, not an expression of interest. And that if it is green before you tick it the opponent has stated they wish to play that exact game and ticking it will take you instantly to making the game page.

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 06:15 Reply with quote Back to top

@PurpleChest You know I have been around on this site for a while and your post is the first time I have actually seen gamefinder explained.

Now that I know how it works I might actually start trying to use it.

Having double checked the site wiki it might be nice to get your explanation cut and paste into the ranked section to help out those of us that don't get just by looking at it.

If you're interested join the Fringe
 Jump to: