38 coaches online • Server time: 14:01
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Christer

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2018 - 00:09
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

1. Go to the Discord login page
2. Enter your email address
3. Click "Forgot your password?"

From there, you should be getting a password reset procedure sent to you. Go through that and once done use those credentials in the Discord standalone client (or in the web app if you insist).

What's happening is that you're entering Discord with a temporary account when you click server join links instead of logging in with your account. Then when you try to claim the account, your previous account is already registered on that email address so it won't work.

The trick is to be careful when you click server invite links to avoid making this new temporary account and stick to the one you already have.
Dominik

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2018 - 00:38 Reply with quote Back to top

It helped for me to log off in discord and then log in.
Kaze

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2018 - 01:00 Reply with quote Back to top

So if you keep clicking on the invite, I dont think it will work, what you have to do is just go to discord in a new tab, then login, and life should be okay, I think.
Bram

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2018 - 11:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Christer. This seems to have worked for me.
Prez

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2018 - 12:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I had similar issues awhile, in the end it turned out I was accessing discord on my laptop through a mobile phone app!

Not sure how I managed to accomplish that, but the Discord people sent me a link to discord software for the pc and things have been ok since.

So dunno if that's of help, but some of the descriptions above sound similar to what I was experiencing

Post   Posted: Aug 11, 2018 - 12:18
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

The core issue here comes from a feature Discord has which allows you to quickly enter a Discord chat without having an account.

So if you are not logged in to Discord (or your session has expired in the browser) and you click a discord link, you'll be taken to the server and Discord will automatically assign you an anonymous account, and ask you to "claim" the account by entering registration information.

Now, if you already registered once, you will get an error that the email you entered is already claimed. So what you need to do is to log out of the anonymous account you were assigned and log back in with the account you already created before (potentially going through the lost password process if you forgot).

The standalone Discord app is a bit more user friendly because the logged in session is remembered even if you do things like clear cookies in your browser (or if the cookie expires).

Most often, I've seen this anonymous account thing happen when you click links in a browser to join a Discord server (which will open the web version of Discord). I've started to get into the habit of copying the discord link and clicking the "Add Server" button on the left side of the Discord window instead (which allows you to paste the discord link). To me, that feels more intuitive most of the time, and doesn't force you into the web version of Discord.
 Jump to: