22 coaches online • Server time: 09:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
KingKurt

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2018 - 23:18 Reply with quote Back to top

How about that?

As soon as 4 players are activated with schedulable teams the gamefinder pairs them to games.
Every 30 minutes the players are asked by a popup or something alike if they still want to activate. From that moment until they press the button 'keep activated' they are not activated.
This way activation happens faster, people keep hanging on longer if necessary and the wait gets less frustrating. Still it is minimized, that people forget they are activated and games are scheduled where one player is already offline.

What do you think?
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Feb 01, 2018 - 23:22 Reply with quote Back to top

It's somewhat preferable to give the matchmaker the option to pair >4 coaches when it's possible though.

It's not uncommon to see 6-12 coach draws during peak hours, and these provide much, much better options for pairing than a minimum coach draw does.

In fact, there was for a long time, during CRP, people who avoided 4-man draws as a modus operandi. I assume there still are.

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2018 - 21:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Yesterday we were 6 players and nobody got scheduled at the draw.
Therefore my porposal doesn't always mean 4 player draws. Also if you want to avoid the minmaxers, just apply with teams of 1000TV or 2000 TV for example, so make it very unlikely to be scheduled against them.
Justicium

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2018 - 22:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Last game :

Halfing 1130 against dwarfs 2020

Problem with the gamefinder or normal ?
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2018 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

you are over 30 games played with the halflings, and he is over 30 with the dwarves. He activated only the dwarves (and i do not know if you activated only the halflings, but i guess so, for trophy). This is "normal" for 30+ game played teams, in so far it is a legal game.

Welcome to why monoactivation is potentially not in anyone's best interest Smile

(I note proff has no option but to mono the dorks - he's only got one team).

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2018 - 23:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Delete

Last edited by Sp00keh on Feb 13, 2018 - 08:34; edited 1 time in total
Rawlf

Post   Posted: Feb 12, 2018 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

If you read how the scheduler works, you certainly noticed how tv difference is the main factor. The game in question had a suitability of 504, which is indeed very low.

The gap seems huge on paper but on the pitch it was a very close game (possibly due to Justicium coaching the underdog).

So my question would be: didnt you enjoy it?

After all, TV (espec. TV before inducements) is a very bad indicator for what a fair matchup is.
 Jump to: