21 coaches online • Server time: 07:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...goto Post Juggernaut as counte...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2018 - 04:16 Reply with quote Back to top

Mutants: 0-16 50K 6/3/3/7 Random Mutation GM/SPA*
Turnskins: 0-4 60K 6/3/3/7 Horns, Random Mutation GM/SP
Whiparm Mutants: 0-2 80K 6/3/3/9 Tentacles, Strong Arm, Random Mutation GPM/SPA
Horror of Flesh: 0-2 140K 4/5/2/9 Loner, Bonehead, Random Mutation, Random Mutation, Random Mutation SM/GPA

Rerolls: 70K
Apoth: Yes

Star Players: Chaos

Random Mutation: When you higher a mutant, roll 1d6. On a roll of 1 give that player Very Long Legs. On a roll of 2 give that player Disturbing Presence. On a roll 3, give that player Big Hand. On a roll of 4 give that player Foul Appearance. On a roll of 5 give that player Prehensile Tail. On a roll of 6 give that player Two Heads. If you roll random mutation multiple times for the same player and roll the same number after getting a mutation, ignore that result and reroll until you get a different result.

Background: Mutants, rejected horrors, men that turn into beastmen were shunned, hated, even hunted for their tainted flesh, regardless if they got it from worshiping the Ruinous Powers or from the light of the moon. Even among the powers of chaos these random mutants were rejected. However blood bowl took over the world. The powers of Chaos were now some of the most popular teams across the lands. Some mutants went beyond fame, such as Lewdgrip Whiparm, into the realm of Stars.

Now groups of mutants, large and small, have formed ragtag teams filled with unique variance.

Rational:

Mutants are those touched by the powers of chaos, if they want it or not. Some are born mutants, some grow mutations over time. Mutants are highly varied, so I gave everyone "Random Mutation." Basically it gives everyone one of several rather unused mutations which isn't present on my positionals. I tried to set it up so higher rolls get "better" mutations (from the basically useless Very Long Legs to the very useful Two Heads). I also didn't want to make it more difficult to get working in the simulator.

The linemen are basic humans with one less armor (as this is a really rag tag team who each have different builds that make creating armor hard) but random mutation and mutation access.

Turnskins are humans who turn into beastmen later in life. From what I could find that they are barely tolerated by Beastmen as they are seen as weak. So I made them weaker Beatmen, with one less armor and no strength access, but random mutation to keep up the theme

Whiparm Mutants is based on the star player Lewdgrip Whiparm and the numerous images of mutants who have tentacles instead of an arm. So they have Lewdgrips stats, tentacles, and Strong arm, but lack sure hands and passing. I am aware that strength 3 tentacles is pretty much terrible against anything that isn't stunty.

Finally there is the Big Guy. I considered just copying the chaos Spawn from the Chaos Spawn Secret League Team, but I have found some images of mutants who become giant piles of mutations, such as this lovely blue chap here ( https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7359/13958704011_48925cb9eb_h.jpg ). I haven't found a name for these... things, so I just made up "Horror of Flesh". If there is a lore friendlier name I am all ears. As a pile of mutations, he/she/it doesn't just have one Random Mutation, he/she/it has three. As the rule is written, you cannot get the same mutation twice, so you will get half the possible mutations immediately.

Last edited by notbobby125 on Mar 26, 2018 - 21:37; edited 1 time in total
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2018 - 04:26 Reply with quote Back to top

man, it's like shitty pact without the cheese good stuff

i love the idea or random mutations (i think all should be), but as they stand these guys are fodder for the blood gods

Last edited by pythrr on Feb 14, 2018 - 06:07; edited 1 time in total
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2018 - 05:16 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
man, it's like shitty pact with the cheese good stuff

i love the idea or random mutations (i think all should be), but as they stand these guys are fodder for the blood gods

I do take your point, this team is kinda bad, but it's meant to be more of a fun team rather than a good team.

If you want them to be good, just image the mutants and the turnskins have one more armor.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2018 - 05:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I redid the old mutation table on tff if that's any use to you. I think your random mutation is too limiting. Problem would be using my table with the client.
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Feb 14, 2018 - 06:23 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:
I redid the old mutation table on tff if that's any use to you. I think your random mutation is too limiting. Problem would be using my table with the client.

Which is why I did the 6 mutations applied to a 1d6 results suggestions, since the site can do 1d6 rolls for "harmful mistakes".
 Jump to: