32 coaches online • Server time: 10:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Iron-Fist

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 21:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Hey all, I have a tournament coming up with a pretty specific format that I want more opinions on. I'm bringing dwarves, not exactly the most competitive team in one off format but I'm pretty experienced with them. Still, I want advice on a few tweaks, as this format is pretty weird.

The format is:
-1100k base team, min 11 players
-may recruit star players after 11
-150k to spend on skills (20k for normal skills, 30k for double)
-max 3 of any skill, max 2 per player
-resurrection after each round

The local meta is usually pretty mixed, maybe elves and skaven a little over represented.

With a max skills of 6 normal and 1 double or normal, I know i want max guard. MB on the troll slayers also feels solid, though I'm open to suggestion. Here is the list I've settled on:

-1x runner (block+dodge)
-2x blitzer (guard)
-2x troll slayer (mighty blow)
-6x longbeards (1x w/ guard)
-Total: 840 (260 pts to spend)

Some people like double runners just to max movement available, but I don't have quite the number of skills to maximize their utility (unless I drop a mighty blow for a block runner). With the last 260k I am torn.

Option 1: Boomer+4x rerolls

Dwarves with a ton of rerolls are just so reliable, even 2d against feels in safe-ish. Boomer is a very well costed star player who can really make a difference vs low ag cages.

Option 2: Wizard+2x rerolls

Wizard is a get out of jail free card for the slow dwarves, it can really put a damper on fast teams. 2 rerolls is not many though.

What do y'all think?

Last edited by Iron-Fist on Feb 04, 2018 - 23:14; edited 1 time in total
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 22:11 Reply with quote Back to top

wots a wizzard?

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Death roller and bribe! Apothecary is solid choice too. Depending on your playing style, as little as 1 reroll is enough. Spam guard and forget dodge and mighty blow. Maybe a diving tackler to use the double (ideally on a death roller)

Oscar Wilde
Iron-Fist

Post   Posted: Feb 04, 2018 - 23:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Unfortunately they'll only let me take 3 of each skill, else I'd be guarded up! Editing op to clarify that.

You think 160+100 bribe for the deathtoller is worth it? I can give it up to 2 skills, block and diving tackle?
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2018 - 01:31 Reply with quote Back to top

deathtoller FTW

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2018 - 01:44 Reply with quote Back to top

7 skills... 3 long beards with Guard and standfirm (paired). Death roller with DT. DR has juggs and makes 3 dice blocks. Doesn't need block per se.

Oscar Wilde
Keothi

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2018 - 05:56 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd put tackle on my slayers over MB; you said lots of Skaven and Elves? They're going to hit lots of things with dodge and you may not like to follow-up and hit a second time on all occasions.
Keothi

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2018 - 06:02 Reply with quote Back to top

I also second the Deathroller option; and with ST7+Break Tackle he can be used to jump into a cage and still get 2D on the ball carrier. I would give him Pro vs DT personally as he comes with Loner and could soak a RR or 2 when you're using him. Diving Tackle also requires an AG roll to stand back up and block as a free action and at AG1 he's a poor choice for it. Although the standing up and moving 4 squares is good, but to be honest you don't want your death roller on the ground, you want him standing up, providing a ST7, Stand Firm, Guard roadblock. Pro at least increases his reliability and if he does fail to take down a key player; Pro gives you a chance at rerolling a 3D or 2D hit on an important block.
Grod

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2018 - 08:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Pro is fine on death roller too. Not sure why you think he needs an agility roll to stand up though. It sounds like you are thinking about jump up?

Oscar Wilde
Iron-Fist

Post   Posted: Feb 05, 2018 - 21:15 Reply with quote Back to top

So if I end up using the deathroller 8 basically have to go with 10 dwarves plus him, meaning he has to be on the field. Any slip up there means he will be banned at half even,with a bribe.

How would you guys make that work? The scenarios seem pretty risky in my mind, especially if in addition to 260k I'm giving him 2/7 skills.

Thanks!
 Jump to: