40 coaches online • Server time: 17:48
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
lolvenom

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2018 - 08:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Sounds like there's sticky tape involved in this controversy too. If the rules weren't being made up as we go then some would say it's tantamount to c******g!
Tomay

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2018 - 09:57 Reply with quote Back to top

It's a scandal!

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2018 - 10:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Swapgate!
Foad

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2018 - 10:54 Reply with quote Back to top

What happens when we polish Foad's crystal ball?

Relezite wins Cdwat's Heroic Conference LXXI, and takes the scoring title with undead.
Tribal wins Faulcon's Quingentennial Conference LXXI, and also takes the fouling record with a zamboni.
Tomay wins Ramchop's Chronicled Conference LXXI, with at least two concessions to his manly essence.
Grod wins Karnov's Emblematic Conference LXXI because Lizards are as OP as dwarves. Next season, Diving Tackle will get banned and all skinks with it will get given Jugs instead.
Fynmore wins Redgum's Rhapsody Conference LXXI, without having to play Faulcon or Daudy. Faulcon and Daudy will tell us all about it.

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2018 - 10:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Foad wrote:
What happens when we polish Foad's crystal ball?

Dunno about you, but I wash my hands Very Very Quickly.

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2018 - 10:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Season 71 of the Southern Wastes League has kicked off!

First round due: 10pm Sydney Time April 9th
DrPoods

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2018 - 11:25 Reply with quote Back to top

/me ducks

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2018 - 12:26 Reply with quote Back to top

Sharper wrote:
Swapgate!

"Before you enter, do you have a criminal record, sir?"

"I didn't know I still needed one!"
Smegish

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2018 - 13:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Just posting a concern I have about the Rebuy system and the end of season, and how Cas and TD's get paid equally, with some stats from the last 'normal' SWL season.

Number of teams with 15+ Casualties: 28 (5 Prem, 14 Conf, 9 Regional) Half of whom were over 20, some of em 30+, or even 40+ in one case

Number of teams with 15+ Touchdowns: 1... Me with 21...

Now I know we aren't going to have the same big mean killer teams, because people just can't afford them, which was why I set the comparison at 15 -what I thought was a reasonable number- but pay being equal is looking likely to favour the bash teams who will also score 10 or so tds a season, over the agile teams who often won't get 10 cas a season, certainly not on purpose.

This is not a 'Change it or I'm leaving!' kind of post, just something that worries me at the moment. Confused

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2018 - 19:51
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Foul cas don't count. There's at least one team that would drop massively in the Cas count due to that.
Klazam

Post   Posted: Mar 26, 2018 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Idk but does the totals still favor bash team? look at combined totals. I'm wondering that
Manzoo

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2018 - 00:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Where did you get that info from? I thought fouls would count too.
tussock

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2018 - 00:21 Reply with quote Back to top

The BB16 system seems to be designed to improve the chances of Rock teams starting slightly bigger for each new season, less things to spend treasury on too, it's likely there to compensate for the higher skill gain rate of Paper teams during a season. Plus, historically the Rocks were a little bigger thanks to high AV and stacks of ST 4+ keeping them alive.

Basic bloodbowl, Paper teams can grow much faster in a season, passes and TDs are just worth more SPP than Cas, those turnover scores aren't just winning games and earning treasury, but also running up skills on key players in a hurry. The Rock teams will get a bit of a boost if they can get in good fights and get the MB going, catch up with those high flying elves as the sponsors love keeping the bash in the game. Smile

Edit: Definitely only Blocking Cas, BB16 only counts TDs and Cas that give star player points when raising funds for next season.

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2018 - 01:29 Reply with quote Back to top

Also, AV7 teams are prone to spontaneously exploding.

Post   Posted: Mar 27, 2018 - 05:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Another thing to add is, often there really isn't any incentive to run up a cricket score in TDs if you have control of the game for a variety of reasons. I'm very sure a big percentage of games could have seen more TDs scored in general with 0 clock control, but with the very real possibility it could have led to a lesser outcome for at least one of the teams involved or more LoS blocks, etc. This core element of the game is definitely a reason TDs are kept down a bit.

Subsequently, you're just not going to see 15+ TDs in a 7 game season very often in practice, despite the on paper potential to do so. My best that I remember with PSA was 14 with 6 conceded in a 6-1-0 season in Prem (12 in a 7-0-0 season in Conf with 3 conceded). I have no doubt I could have gone on to attempt to score more in those games, but as the low conceded totals attest, control of the game was more beneficial.

I have no doubt teams like Tomay's (he has an ma10 sprint for god's sake) could have scored an astronomical amount of TDs if he was so inclined, but in the end winning by 1 or 2 and saving yourself from additional LoS blocks has far more benefits than pushing for a potential 3 TD margin (which largely achieves nothing additional).

I mean I also expressed disbelief they were counted the same, but Tussock raises some good points. I don't know how it will translate to actual practice though.