42 coaches online • Server time: 13:06
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Wozzaa

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2018 - 05:05 Reply with quote Back to top

It (the new rules) fits with my fluff.

Player needs letting go, or wants to retire... Mek failure leading to death of 'subject'

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2018 - 05:24 Reply with quote Back to top

It's been possible to build a superstar or two (76+) or a quite lot of stars (51+) in your first 3-4 seasons of late, should be easier now if anything.

My blooding team, Comfortably Average, had human catchers regularly hit 51+ in 10-15 games, and they stayed at under 1400 including fan factor (remember your FF adds for free!). I retired an 8347 blodgestep human catcher at 10 games because he had 51 spp, he'd have easy made legend at that rate and that's before targeted MVPs.

Those teams who did 3-4 season starts recently have all built multi-stat players, and cutting them to our expected range of TV is generally just a matter of replacing all the injured players and maybe trimming bench/RRs a little, buying it back up with the early winnings next season as you see fit.

Once you start that, you're just doing the same each season, later on removing the ones who want to retire and aren't worth shelling out a bunch more money on. Grow fat through the early season, save up mid-late, cut the fat between seasons.

But the meat of teams after a few seasons will be the same as its always been, as far as I can guess. Lots of teams will have crazy good players, Viola and Iolas got a long way in a short time, so did Foul Frank, Huge Axeman, New Fish, and a lot more. There won't be a team full of them any more, and they will retire relatively quickly instead of hanging around racking up stats well past legend, but they will take the pitch and win their coaches a lot of games.

There's no room for teams mostly full of superstars with extensive RRs and a long bench with skills on it, but there is room for a few top flight players on any team. We're just getting started here, they'll soon turn up.

And why not use them? Pile in! They retire eventually, let 'em burn bright and die young, leap sackers FTW, leaping Pestis, leaping Zerkers, Frogs!

If all our cool skilled players do die or retire, we'll get a bigger bench, more positionals, and more RRs automatically for the following season to make up for it. It's good, highly competitive, give or take for actually rolling some stats or doubles if you need them (I need them!).

--

I'll miss my mega-goblins, I enjoyed building them up huge, but goblins in this would be pretty sweet too with the potential to game the bribes and not go broke replacing basic gobs all the time, with free fishing for Block trolls, not facing walls of tackle and guard on every team, not every single elf with blodge and more so the bigs can only push.

It's different for sure, but I like my chances with Khemri, a bit of damp rot will help clear the way for even better ones. One or two killers on other team, foul 'em, sorted.

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2018 - 05:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Here's a challenge. Can you get a player to play 7 seasons?

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2018 - 06:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Uh ciuld someone clarify why did it offer cards as available, at the beginning of my game? ent didnt take any so I didnt however is this a thing now?

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2018 - 07:48
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

970k vs 1000k. 30k inducement + 30k from treasury = 60k available. = cards available

You could have topped up the inducement gap and bought card. but you would have lost treasury.

All treasury goes into the pot. If unspent you get it back.
D_Arquebus

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2018 - 07:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Bonus cards not offered JoeKano.

It would have been any inducements you had plus money from your treasury. If you spend it then it is gone (from your treasury).

Regards,

Post   Posted: Mar 28, 2018 - 08:28
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Not so much of an issue in the first round.

However, some players who are not familiar with how inducements work under new rules please be aware:

ALL YOUR TREASURY GOES INTO THE POT

It is added to the inducement gap. Any treasury that is spent on inducements is not returned to treasury. This has tripped over nearly everyone in Ranked or Box at some point, it takes a while to get used to it.
Smegish

Post   Posted: Mar 29, 2018 - 10:53 Reply with quote Back to top

Gentlemen!
I am planning on setting up a Twitch stream with an old friend of mine, commentating (poorly) on SWL games and broadcasting to a wider audience. Now we will not be doing it for my games -so I don't have to provide 'expert' commentary AND play the game- but random other games and probably Premier Division games in the future, depending on scheduling.

I am aware that there are guidelines about coach permissions and streaming so if any of you would prefer to NOT be shown we can abide by your decision.

*Fellow commentator is not in SWL, though he is on FUMBBL.

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2018 - 07:36 Reply with quote Back to top

What’s a “Twitch stream”?

I have no issue with any of my games being commented on as long as you put up the link so I can see it.

If you're interested join the Fringe
Sharper

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2018 - 08:33 Reply with quote Back to top

almic85 wrote:
What’s a “Twitch stream”?

Twitch is a streaming service mainly used to watch people playing games. Free to watch.
oozeboss

Post   Posted: Apr 01, 2018 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2018 - 07:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello.

Have you started the Twitch streaming?

What is the name of the stream?

- D
Smegish

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2018 - 08:22 Reply with quote Back to top

We have not started just yet, a few little niggles to sort out, but the channel is called cheapcastletv - yes we (by pure accident I swear) ended up as CCTV

Post   Posted: Apr 09, 2018 - 13:45 Reply with quote Back to top

SWL LXXI Round 1 Axing

All Divisions

All Clear

Great start by all.

oozeboss

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2018 - 22:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Damn!

Where's the fun in That!