28 coaches online • Server time: 09:33
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Redgum

Post   Posted: May 28, 2018 - 13:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Conference Representative Teams have leaked in the lead up to All Stars announcement. Check out the 55 players on the long list at Channel BB, and cast your vote (not in BB, here or Discord) for which conference has the best 11.

Post   Posted: May 29, 2018 - 01:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to the rebuy! Woo!

You may have noticed a million dollars in your team treasury. Shocked Thanks fumbbl admin!

Your teams will either be in a position to gain TV, or to lose TV (or to do neither), depending on the state they finished in compared to their rebuy allowance.

http://info.swl.org.au/post-season/71 LOOK AT THAT

That's a summary of all the rebuy allowances (not including FF, as tussock's earlier estimates did, so heads up).

Click your team name there, for all your team's values even MNG players, and in big bold at the top, if you are in a position to gain or to lose TV relative to your end of season position, when swladmin recorded all the teams.

1. Make a plan. Many of you already have, but for instance.

• If Chaos had say 100k to cut, well, either cut a rookie Blocker or a team RR and a rookie Goat and keep 20k cash.

• If Khemri had say 120k to gain, that's one more team RR at 70k, and a guy on the bench for 40k more, could sack my 40k in CL/AC to get another bench too. Yay. Maybe even replace that Guard with the -MA to drop another 20k in cash for safety.

2. Get into it! Execute your plan to change your TV appropriately on your team's fumbbl page. You need to finish with 11 players.

3. Then replace. Whatever needs replaced, such as injured rookies, or 0spp rookies who failed to perform, or whatever else you want. This is why so much money, you may like to sack most of your team for failing you! Sack the rot, bring in young bloods.

4. Trim excess cash. You can only keep as much cash as you are under the target, 20k more cutting than required? 20k cash max. Buy and sell RRs, linos, AC/CL, get rid of it.

5. PM swladmin to let us know you're ready. We'll double-check for ya. Smile

6. Don't ready until we tell ya.

If you're not sure you're planning it right, all good, some time before cutting the last of your cash, ask around in discord chat, or here in the forum, or a PM to swladmin.

Parking teams, feel free to skip this, eh, do it when you come back. Retiring teams, it's good practice, trim away.

NB: Numbers on the swl.org page are your team after the end of season, if you've since sacked players, you probably knew what you were doing, and can just finish up. Very Happy

Post   Posted: May 29, 2018 - 02:04 Reply with quote Back to top

As per forum, your Fan Factor adds to the TV displayed on fumbbl, but isn't in the rebuy at all through DZ 1 rules, it's free. It's not included in the numbers on swl.org

If you want to match the rebuy total there to your TV/TW, add you fan factor x10 to it. Cheers.

Post   Posted: May 29, 2018 - 02:10 Reply with quote Back to top

OK. What does the niggle recovery mean?

Post   Posted: May 29, 2018 - 03:01 Reply with quote Back to top

What niggle recovery? Only time I've seen someone say that phrase before was to say it's not implemented Sad

Hopefully it means my +Ag catcher Brahma drops his niggle!
Smegish

Post   Posted: May 29, 2018 - 03:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Not to harp on about it again, but I feel like the fact that we have teams that have to cull after their rookie season -including at least one that won their division- then clearly we aren't getting paid enough at season's end.

Whether the increase is in the fixed 1Mil we all get, or increasing how much per Game/TD/Cas I don't know.

Post   Posted: May 29, 2018 - 03:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think many people are culling anything other than treasury, and if they are then I expect they may have foolishly spent too much during the season. Spending has a double-impact on culling, because you have both more to cull and a lower level to cull to.

That said though I also think that the current levels are lower than the level of maximum fun. They seem about right for this initial rookie season but in the future it's going to hurt.

Back when we had a TV cap, which this is basically an improved re-implementation of, we had I think 1400 for regionals, 1700 for conference and unlimited (but let's hypothesize 2000) for premier. My suggestion would be to, in future seasons, add a 300k gp bonus for qualifying for conference, and a further 300k gp bonus for qualifying for premier, and we can then play interesting and diverse teams with skills that we've chosen and developed rather than one or two stars and a bunch of rookies.
tussock

Post   Posted: May 29, 2018 - 03:57 Reply with quote Back to top

Niggle recovery was hopeful, we were all set to roll dice for it, but it's gotta be disabled for now due to no possibility of that actually happening on fumbbl. I have a block TG wants it gone too. Smile

--

Cheers, Smegish. Some teams went for spending their treasury late in the season and building a powerful team for the last few games. That results is a big teams that win more but with a small treasury, and there's not money to keep it.

That is your choice each and every season. Power into the last games with a deeper bench and more RRs and replaced all your losses, or save up and get a bigger team next season. Treasuries range from 80k up to 280k here, that's the biggest difference this season by far.

I saved up, I'm going through at near 1600 TV, and I'm only just getting into having MB. I could reach 1800 TV this season in prem with a bit of luck, and carry more than 1600 into S73 with a much meaner team behind it if I do well (and potentially much less than that if I get beat up and relegated).

Most teams have a small boost, we want to see what turns up over the next couple seasons as people get a better handle on the basic rules.

I think I've shown already these do not need to be small teams, but there will be some cutting each season, that's part of the deal.

Post   Posted: May 29, 2018 - 05:22 Reply with quote Back to top

Sorry if this has been covered before, but when do I need to start worrying about retirement rolls?
Oh, and if I keep an m player, do they count toward my 11 for the season start (ie, I would have 11 on the roster but a journeyman for game 1)?

Post   Posted: May 29, 2018 - 05:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Retirement rolls we haven't settled on that yet, but they will want to retire eventually, getting a cycle going in key positions is something I'm looking at, replaced the useless ones there so I've got new ones on the way.

An MNG counts for your 11, yes, you'll get the JM for free like usual.

Post   Posted: May 29, 2018 - 06:28 Reply with quote Back to top

tussock wrote:
Niggle recovery was hopeful, we were all set to roll dice for it, but it's gotta be disabled for now due to no possibility of that actually happening on fumbbl. I have a block TG wants it gone too. Smile

--

Cheers, Smegish. Some teams went for spending their treasury late in the season and building a powerful team for the last few games. That results is a big teams that win more but with a small treasury, and there's not money to keep it.

That is your choice each and every season. Power into the last games with a deeper bench and more RRs and replaced all your losses, or save up and get a bigger team next season. Treasuries range from 80k up to 280k here, that's the biggest difference this season by far.

I saved up, I'm going through at near 1600 TV, and I'm only just getting into having MB. I could reach 1800 TV this season in prem with a bit of luck, and carry more than 1600 into S73 with a much meaner team behind it if I do well (and potentially much less than that if I get beat up and relegated).

Most teams have a small boost, we want to see what turns up over the next couple seasons as people get a better handle on the basic rules.

I think I've shown already these do not need to be small teams, but there will be some cutting each season, that's part of the deal.

I think "nearly 1600" is a bit of an exaggeration when you're listed as 1470, and even that's literally the highest value in the list.

The problem as I see it is that nothing about having a bigger team to start with this season is going to help us have a bigger team next year. Maybe some teams get Mb but even that isn't going to make a big difference. We can't save up much more treasury than we did, even without losing players, because we just lose it all to expensive mistakes anyway.

To me a "small team" is anything under 2000 Smile To me half the point of playing league is to build up a decent team. I can play rookie games anywhere.
tussock

Post   Posted: May 29, 2018 - 07:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Plus fan factor, where I'm 9, for 1560 TV, and not exactly a cas fest first season.

I'll be bringing stars to S73, and superstars to S74, just like as if I was building an LRB6 team up to a huge TV, so we'll see how teams look when the rebuys get tougher.

I'm predicting they'll be pretty solid little collections of freaks and superstars that take the heart of younger LRB6 2000+ TV teams and just pack them in good and tight, and with skills coming online, there'll be more cas. Get some MB when you roll dubs on your elfs, before the claw monsters come to take it away. Smile

Post   Posted: May 29, 2018 - 08:35 Reply with quote Back to top

I predict nothing of the sort. Just do the math.

A team of 11 players with all the positionals, apo (where available) and 3rr costs typically somewhere between 1100 and 1200 (1030 for undead, 1240 for woodies). One skill on each player would add 220. One super-star with, say, one double and no stats adds another 110. Reserves add 40-70k each.

The values for teams ranged between 1190 and 1470, and there's no reason why that's going to change substantially. TD aren't going to change much on average, and more cas is a furphy. If it even does happen it's going to be worth maybe one or two skills on the whole team at most, helps one type of team only, and meanwhile I'm taking blodge and trying to pull it the other way.

What that adds up to is one skill per player in a typical season. Like I have now, the cheap elves and a relatively good 1340 (after saving up gold for more than half the season) gets me a full team, no reserves, and 7 total skills on players with 20k left over.

A great season (1450) means you get to actually keep one of your stars as well. Have one bad season (1200) and you're back to the drawing board - sacrificing positionals/rerolls to keep even a single skill.

If someone wants to argue that playing a ~1300 + fan factor team all the time is the optimal experience then that's fine. I'd still disagree but it's subjective. But saying we'll have a "collection of freaks and superstars" when we'll be lucky to even be able to keep one such player is just irritating.
Tomay

Post   Posted: May 29, 2018 - 09:28 Reply with quote Back to top

SWL has a history of leading the way - as far as I can find, we are the first big league on the internet (and perhaps beyond) to apply these rules. We will be monitoring the effects of these rules and if required we will be making alterations. When we perfect our numbers the SWL will likely remain at a certain level for many years, so my suggestion is to just enjoy the variable environments in the meantime. At each level of TV, blood bowl has different challenges and is exciting in different ways - this is a great time to experience that with your team. You can rest assured that the league will eventually get it to click - we always do!

Post   Posted: May 29, 2018 - 10:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Irgy wrote:
I predict nothing of the sort. Just do the math.

A team of 11 players with all the positionals, apo (where available) and 3rr costs typically somewhere between 1100 and 1200 (1030 for undead, 1240 for woodies). One skill on each player would add 220. One super-star with, say, one double and no stats adds another 110. Reserves add 40-70k each.

The values for teams ranged between 1190 and 1470, and there's no reason why that's going to change substantially. TD aren't going to change much on average, and more cas is a furphy. If it even does happen it's going to be worth maybe one or two skills on the whole team at most, helps one type of team only, and meanwhile I'm taking blodge and trying to pull it the other way.

What that adds up to is one skill per player in a typical season. Like I have now, the cheap elves and a relatively good 1340 (after saving up gold for more than half the season) gets me a full team, no reserves, and 7 total skills on players with 20k left over.

A great season (1450) means you get to actually keep one of your stars as well. Have one bad season (1200) and you're back to the drawing board - sacrificing positionals/rerolls to keep even a single skill.

If someone wants to argue that playing a ~1300 + fan factor team all the time is the optimal experience then that's fine. I'd still disagree but it's subjective. But saying we'll have a "collection of freaks and superstars" when we'll be lucky to even be able to keep one such player is just irritating.

You can also carry cash to pay for the new team. That could easily be 150-200K if you are prudent (don't rebuy injured players etc, run loners etc). Is that part of your analysis?

Oscar Wilde
 Jump to: