41 coaches online • Server time: 10:43
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2018 - 01:12 Reply with quote Back to top

Dwarf Explorers 60K 0-16 4/3/2/9 Block, Thick Skull GS/AP
Messager Golem 0-2 70K 7/2/4/8 Diving Catch, Nerves of Steel A/GSP
Servant Golem 0-2 80K 6/2/4/8 Strong Arm, Nerves of Steel P/GSA
Warrior Golem 0-2 80K 4/4/1/9 No Hands, Frenzy S/GAP
Mountain Guard Golem 0-1 120K 0-1 2/6/1/10 No Hands, Mighty Blow, Stand Firm, Take Root S/GAP

Apoth: No
Reroll: 50K

Background:

In ancient dwarf tombs, Golems, runic machines whose secret of their construction has long been lost, carry out their long forgotten tasks. Clearing roads for settlements long since abandoned, awaiting for commands of masters long dead in languages that have long been forgotten. Blood bowl came to the world, but the golems did not know, not would they care even if they were capable of holding an opinion.

However, enterprising dwarf explorers saw opportunity in these ancient machines. If necromancers can field golems of flesh, why can't they field golems of stone? After much trial, error, and death, these dwarfs have found how to control some of the golems and get them to play Blood Bowl, creating a team that is filled with players who are great at exactly one job on the field.

Rational:

Golems are only briefly mentioned in some Warhammer materials, most notably the Fantasy Roleplay: Fantasy Crowns rule book ( http://khorne.ru/2nd/wfrp_web/Renegade_Crowns.pdf ). Essentially these were non-sentient magic robots, created by the ancient dwarves and locked away in ancient tombs. These golems can be controlled if you give the commands in the right way (such as in a certain language or by wearing the clothing of their ancient masters) but the golems are extremely specialized.

The linemen are the same as the ones on the Secret League Slayer Team ( https://fumbbl.com/help:DwarfSlayersT ), just with a name change.

Golems are only good at one thing and really terrible at anything else. So each of them only has one skill access, and no normal "general" skill access as it's really hard to get the golems to do anything that far away from their original duties. That is why the warrior has no hands, the golem literally is incapable of considering a delicate action. Further that is also why the messengers/servant golems only have 2 strength (they cannot do violence, it is beyond their "programming"). I debated giving the Warriors Wild Animal to represent a drive to constantly fight, but decided against it. I added Frenzy as that is a nice compromise and half measure towards Wild Animal.

I did give all the golems a smattering of skills outside their normal access that fit their function but fit, just so they are not entirely reliant on doubles to be any good.

The Mountain Guard is what I imagine the dwarves would make for as their largest golem to guard their halls. Great defending exact one area, and being basically unmovable from that area, but also basically immobile. Take Root represents a problem in their programing where the golem decides it isn't suppose to move anymore and requires it's commander to come back onto the field to get it moving again.

Also no apothacary as apothocaring make about as much sense as apothocaring an elemental, so no apothocary.

Last edited by notbobby125 on Feb 26, 2018 - 21:13; edited 6 times in total
pythrr

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2018 - 01:23 Reply with quote Back to top

dorfs with elf passers, 2 BoBs, and a reliable Big Guy?

hells yes ma'am

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2018 - 01:34 Reply with quote Back to top

70k rerolls to start
Warrior Golem 0-2 90K 5/4/1/10 should be 4/4/1/9
Messager Golem 0-2 80K 8/2/4/8 should be 6/2/4/8
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2018 - 02:07 Reply with quote Back to top

Buu88 wrote:
70k rerolls to start
Warrior Golem 0-2 90K 5/4/1/10 should be 4/4/1/9
Messager Golem 0-2 80K 8/2/4/8 should be 6/2/4/8

I agree that maybe the starting stats should be lowered, but I lowered the messenger golems speed down to seven rather than six.

Last edited by notbobby125 on Feb 20, 2018 - 02:10; edited 1 time in total
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2018 - 02:09 Reply with quote Back to top

pythrr wrote:
dorfs with elf passers, 2 BoBs, and a reliable Big Guy?

hells yes ma'am

Just be aware that I took another user's suggestions and lowered some of the armor and speed. Still has 4 agility players though.
gpope

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2018 - 02:30 Reply with quote Back to top

This looks really cool and interesting, well done! As noted these guys get a crazy combination of really solid linemen + ST4 + AG4, but the serious limitations on the golems should go a long way towards keeping them in check. No blocking or reroll skills on any of the positionals, no general access on the positionals, no apothecary or regen anywhere... these guys would potentially be very fun and unique, but I'd wager they'd be a long way from overpowered, especially with the latest tweaks.
delusional

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2018 - 03:12 Reply with quote Back to top

This team does not make sense.

I don't get why Dwarf Explorers don't have tackle. Give them tackle, even if you take block away.
I also don't understand why a Golem is AG4. Big machine thing AG4, str2?? Why wouldn't messenger golems have more movement and less AG?
Ok you want them to be good at one thing and one thing only. Well keep servant golems at str2, ag4 but make messenger golem's mv8 str3 ag3, or even str2 ag3 and mv 8 is still a fearsome character. But giving messenger both speed and Agility does not make sense.

Then again giving a team Dwarfs + fast units + agile units + strong units + big guy could be overkill.
delusional

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2018 - 03:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Dwarf Explorers 70K? 0-16 4/3/2/9 Block, Thick Skull, tackle GS/AP
Messager Golem 0-2 70K 8/2/3/8 Diving Catch, Nerves of Steel A/GSP
Servant Golem 0-2 70K 5/2/4/8 Strong Arm, Nerves of Steel P/GSA
Warrior Golem 0-2 90K 4/4/1/9 No Hands, stand firm, Tackle S/GAP
Mountain Guard Golem 0-1 120K 0-1 2/6/1/10 No Hands, tentacles, Stand Firm, Take Root S/GAP

Now with the Warriors and Mountains.
Mountains add tentacles, remove mighty blow. This fits that they have Take root... which is a pretty big negatrate.

Warriors, I can't tell if they are killing machines or tackling/trappists. Lets go with killing machines! they need either frenzy or Mighty blow. Can't tell which.

Last edited by delusional on Feb 20, 2018 - 03:44; edited 1 time in total
Buu88

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2018 - 03:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I think giving them all S would still be fine though. With the lower Strength on the messenger, I guess 7 isnt too bad. You can easily go 9 linemen and 2 messengers and have an amazing team.

Ag 4 on a dwarf team will be crazy. Almost turns it into a better skaven team to be honest, which is why I was being so harsh on them.
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2018 - 08:12 Reply with quote Back to top

delusional wrote:
This team does not make sense.

I don't get why Dwarf Explorers don't have tackle. Give them tackle, even if you take block away.

As I noted in the rational, I am basing their skill access on the linemen in the Secret League Dwarf Engineer ( https://fumbbl.com/help:DwarfEngineerT ) and Slayer ( https://fumbbl.com/help:DwarfSlayersT ) teams. If you are not aware, Secret league is a bunch of teams you can play on this site (here is the full team list https://fumbbl.com/help:SecretLeague ) and you can mess around with the teams here: https://fumbbl.com/p/group?op=view&group=10263

Anyway, the reason why those dwarves don't have tackle is that they are not as well trained warriors as the Longbeards on the dwarf team. Same applies here, as these are explorers, not warriors.

Quote:
I also don't understand why a Golem is AG4. Big machine thing AG4, str2?? Why wouldn't messenger golems have more movement and less AG?

The lore says only some of them are big "machine" things (although they aren't like steam powered machines, they are magic constructs). There are strong warrior golems, but also weaker servants who are better at being a personal servant or getting what is needed.

Maybe I should change the messagers movement speed and agiilty, would need play testing.

Quote:
Then again giving a team Dwarfs + fast units + agile units + strong units + big guy could be overkill.

That is my fear.
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2018 - 08:19 Reply with quote Back to top

Buu88 wrote:
I think giving them all S would still be fine though. With the lower Strength on the messenger, I guess 7 isnt too bad. You can easily go 9 linemen and 2 messengers and have an amazing team.

Ag 4 on a dwarf team will be crazy. Almost turns it into a better skaven team to be honest, which is why I was being so harsh on them.

I am balancing them compared to the secret league rosters ( https://fumbbl.com/help:SecretLeague ), some of which have both strength four and agility 4 players. (For example the Araby team, Estalia Team, potentially the Tilea team, the Pirate team, and most notable of all the Slaanesh Teams which has agility 4 linemen and four strength 4 warriors that also start with claw). However, I think the Golem Team is in the ballpark of balanced as the lack of skill access and apothocary really hurts this team in the long run.
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2018 - 08:23 Reply with quote Back to top

delusional wrote:

Now with the Warriors and Mountains.
Mountains add tentacles, remove mighty blow. This fits that they have Take root... which is a pretty big negatrate.

I don't agree about the tentacles. I imaging this thing as a giant dwarf statue or at least a bipedal stone robot. While tentacles would be nice, that lore wise is a bridge too far.

Quote:
Warriors, I can't tell if they are killing machines or tackling/trappists. Lets go with killing machines! they need either frenzy or Mighty blow. Can't tell which.

Yeah, Frenzy is the better fit for a literal killing machine.
Elyoukey

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2018 - 11:54 Reply with quote Back to top

notbobby125 wrote:

Yeah, Frenzy is the better fit for a literal killing machine.

Also the frenzy/takeroot/mv2 combo sounds like a lot of fun for Nuffle to play with.

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2018 - 12:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello!

This could be an alternative roster. I think this keeps the rational of the original team and it gives you a competitive team.

Servant Golem 0-16 40K 5/3/3/7 Regen, Nerves of Steel G/PSA
Dwarf Explorers 0-4 90K 0-4 5/3/2/9 Block, Dauntless, Thick Skull GS/AP
Messenger Golem 0-4 90K 8/1/3/7 Extra arms, Nerves of Steel, Regen, Stunty, Titchy A/GSP
Mountain Guard Golem 0-1 120K 0-1 2/6/1/10 No Hands, Might Blow, Stand Firm, Take Root, Thick Skull, Regen S/GAP

Apoth: No
Reroll: 70K

I changed a lot of things, but are just suggestions. For example, I think removing AG4 from the messenger and giving him extra arms, titchy and ST1 is an interesting move.

Have a nice day!
Buu88

Post   Posted: Feb 20, 2018 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

notbobby125 wrote:

I am balancing them compared to the secret league rosters ( https://fumbbl.com/help:SecretLeague ), some of which have both strength four and agility 4 players. (For example the Araby team, Estalia Team, potentially the Tilea team, the Pirate team, and most notable of all the Slaanesh Teams which has agility 4 linemen and four strength 4 warriors that also start with claw). However, I think the Golem Team is in the ballpark of balanced as the lack of skill access and apothocary really hurts this team in the long run.

The str4 with Agil 4 is not the problem. Its the skilled linemen with agil 4. I dont think any teams that have agil 4 have starting linemen with block. Thats why I said you could easily put 9 linemen and 2 messengers and have a serious team. Str 4 is nice but it doesnt change much in all honesty.
 Jump to: