22 coaches online • Server time: 09:16
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kondor

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2018 - 08:48 Reply with quote Back to top

I was musing about my underworld team and the goblins on it. For a first skill, I have habitually chosen 2 heads. It makes sense since combined with stunty they can go anywhere.

I am starting to rethink that plan. I may start going with horns first to help with defense. The second skill would be 2 heads.

The idea is that you can cancel most assists with an expendable goblin and then get at least a one die hit on most ball carriers.

I don't know how many normal skills I want on a goblin, but side step and diving tackle would probably be other skills if it is unfortunate enough to survive.

Going this route, wrestle may be best on doubles.

Thoughts anyone???
tussock

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2018 - 09:44 Reply with quote Back to top

As far as I can tell, the entire problem for underworld teams is running out of players.

Two heads means you can dodge out every goblin almost every turn, and protect the rats and troll. Mess up their advance just a little bit, maybe even get the troll on the ball at some point with a bit of luck, and have a good rat blitzer to free up the ball, 2+ big hand gob to fetch it off to someone fast, and you win.

If you can't dodge out all the gobs, you run out of gobs, and then you run out of rats, and then they get the troll too. Though the experience in R when you can just not play against stacks of T/MB may be somewhat different. In box, it's all about keeping numbers up, and clawing a few of theirs off the pitch, so you can pull off sweet, sweet underworld magic.

Wrestle on dubs for undergobs is pretty sweet, but you totally want two heads and horns with it, and really they can just take dirty player and make more space for the rats.

Post   Posted: Feb 28, 2018 - 09:53 Reply with quote Back to top

One gob with horns could be good because he could put a 1 dice blitz on the ball in almost any situation, yea.

2heads is good yea but.. is 2 goblins with twoheads better than 3 rookie goblins? Situation dependant.
The other skills are less good
I'd probably prefer a big bench of rookies over a few skilled gobs
 Jump to: