49 coaches online • Server time: 16:26
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2018 - 00:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Torbarians: 0-16 50K 5/3/3/8 Stand Firm G/SPA
Deep Watchers: 0-2 60K 6/3/3/8 Diving Tackle, Animosity GA/SP
Engineers: 0-2 60K 4/3/2/9 Block, Thick Skull, Animosity GS/PA
Bloqueador : 0-2 80K 4/4/2/9 Animosity GS/PA
Navigator: 0-1 100K 7/3/3/8 Stab, Stand Firm, Pro, Animosity GAP/S

Rerolls: 70K
Apothocary: Yes

Background:

Tobaro is a "Tilian" city but it is set a part from the rest of Tilia, both physically and socially. Unlike the rest of the Tilian city states, Tobaro is on the western side of the bay, hidden away in a rocky bay in treacherous waters. It is ruled by an elected Prince, chosen by the powerful Merchant Families (and the Engineer Guilt). The only way to this city is to take the directions of a navigator. The rocks around the city are covered in the wrecks of those who tried to go on without the navigators guide. The one things that bides all these people together is their interdependence on, and scheming hatred of, each other.

It's people are hardy, short, and stocky. Many compare them to dwarves, which is helped by the sizable dwarf population of the city who head the all important Engineer Guild. Unlike the rest of Tilia, Tobaro does not depend on outside mercenaries, it relies on mostly on it's Deepwatchers, adventurers who go against the dangers of the deep mineshoping for loot. However, Tilia does have close relations with Estalia, and most of the foreign ships fly the Estalia flag.

Tobaro did play in the local Tilia league, and only abided by the 500K rule in a fashion. They made sure their teams only spends 500K on their positionals, and like the rest of Tilia have stuck to this rule.

Rational:

Tobaro is a highly isolated place yet a cross culture mix between Tilia, dwarves, and Estalia. I decided to make a Kislev like defensive team but with a 500K positional max spending limit. Specifically, if you get all your positionals it will cost 500K. Also like Tilia every positional has Animosity, but this is due to the constant underlining conflict between all the locals (and the one outsider already has animosity).

As your average Tobaro citizen is a shorter but made harder by the sea, they have one less movement than normal human linemen. I also wanted them to have a defensive skill, and standfirm makes the most sense for a bunch of sailors who need a solid footing.

Deepwatchers are the city guards, who spend much of their times going into the mines below hoping for finding treasure but usually finding cave ins, flooded tunnels, Skaven, or other horrors. Diving Tackle is my way to both represent them jumping out of the way of cave in and to grab found treasure. This also makes them good at marking nimble creatures like Skaven.

Engineers are borrowed from the Engineer team, as Tobaro have a large dwarf population and a lot of them are part of the Engineer Guild.

Bloqueador are straight from the Estalia team list as Tobaro is friendly with Estalia and I can see them hiring Estalians for extra muscle.

Finally there is the Navigator. This is my attempt at making a seasoned sailor who also often doubles as a pirate who has the capability of leading the team to victory. There is only one navigator per team as Navigators never work together, and have Like the linemen they have standfirm, with the addition of stab to represent a sword, and Pro to represent their skill at avoiding deadly dangers others can't see (I will admit this is kinda a stretch). They have passing skill so they can get leader. I considered just giving them Leader, but we already have enough Secret League Team with one player who starts with Leader.

Last edited by notbobby125 on Mar 01, 2018 - 01:01; edited 1 time in total
pokrjax

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2018 - 00:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Love the thought process you're bringing to team creation. This is one fits quite a marginal build but fun stuff with stand firm and diving tackle. The combination of two S4 players and two dwarf linemen feels classic but I wonder if you need more of a blitzer build in the deep watchers, or maybe give them catch to have some synergy with the navigator? Also, is AG3 on the engineers a typo?
notbobby125

Post   Posted: Mar 01, 2018 - 01:07 Reply with quote Back to top

pokrjax wrote:
Love the thought process you're bringing to team creation. This is one fits quite a marginal build but fun stuff with stand firm and diving tackle. The combination of two S4 players and two dwarf linemen feels classic but I wonder if you need more of a blitzer build in the deep watchers, or maybe give them catch to have some synergy with the navigator? Also, is AG3 on the engineers a typo?

1. Thank you. Smile

2. I don't think this team thematically needs a blitzer. My idea is that this team is like the rocky water that surrounds them, there are many hazards to bypass, but if you find a path through the danger you get your reward. This team is about stiff defensive positioning rather than chasing down people who break through.

3. The Navigator has passing access purely to give him access to Leader. If you want to try and make him a passer you can, but AG 3 plus the lack of any starting passing skills plus animosity does not equal a great passer. That is also why no one starts with a catching skill. You can build that way if you want, the deepwatchers do have agility access, but this team isn't made for passing plays.

4. Yes, AG 3 on the engineers was a mistake.
 Jump to: