18 coaches online • Server time: 04:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...goto Post FUMBBL HAIKU'S
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Wallace

Post 3 Posted: Jun 29, 2004 - 06:28 Reply with quote Back to top

This is the thread for the new Stable League.

To find out what this is all about check out the group page

Any comments or questions or expressions of interest should be posted in this thread, or you can send me a PM.

For anyone re-reading this thread, the 'challenge' system has been scrapped in favour of a simpler structure to assist the league getting off the ground. So ignore my long posts explaining it Wink

Last edited by Wallace on %b %30, %2004 - %06:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
Renegade

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2004 - 11:07 Reply with quote Back to top

This is an absolutely brilliant idea. I'd be more than happy to assist should you want any help in running such an ambitious league.
Mahok

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2004 - 12:05 Reply with quote Back to top

Sound good.

But if you take 3 or 5 teams to form a stable, you dont get ties. Wouldn't that be easier?

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2004 - 12:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the support Renegade!

To Mahok, I did consider making stables 3 teams, however if you check the stats you find that roughly 20% of fumbbl matches end in a draw so chances that one of the 4 games in a stable match are drawn is reasonable, thus making only three win/loss results. Plus the idea of this league is that the challenged stable wins in the case of a tie so making an outright win from 4 matches a little more difficult than from 3 is intentional. If you make a challenge, make it a good one!

But of course I'm open to suggestions and 3 per stable might make it easier to get this league off the ground, so everything is possible at this point, all ideas and suggestions are most welcome!
Covertfun

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2004 - 16:31 Reply with quote Back to top

I also love this idea... it sounds like a cooler version of what I thought Sutur was attempting with Destiny Bowl.

And I can easily believe that it is going to be run better and stay true to the core brilliant idea. Smile

I will attempt to form a stable soon!
Mentok

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2004 - 17:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Aye. Sounds fun.
Guess I will join that. Tho I think it will be better if complete stables join.

Post   Posted: Jun 29, 2004 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

First of all, sorry for my english... Wink

A question: when do you gain a challenge-point?
1) if you win the match of the first round
2) if you win a challenge and you're the challenged stable

that's all? anything else?

i'm sorry if my post is stupid, but....yeah, i'm dumb too Very Happy
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2004 - 00:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I have a question related to giax's one... We read the rules, but one thing is not so clear.

Let's see: after the first round half of the teams have 1 challenge point, and half of them have none.

In the second round, everybody with a cp MUST challenge someone with less (zero) cps, right?

so... let's say that all the teams with one point challenge all the teams with zero points. And all of them win. If I read the rules correctly, now we have half of the teams with 4 stable points and no cps, and half with zero stable points and no cps.

After that? How could cps be gained again? Perhaps if the challenged stable wins it earns the cp of the challenger, but if the challenger wins he loses none and stil has its point?

Please clarify... I'm not english, but I find there's something I am missing.

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2004 - 00:20 Reply with quote Back to top

Oh, anyway: JAN MATTYS (me), GIAX, EBENEZER and KHRISTIAN will all join the Stable testing edition.

We want to be a stable. Will Wallace do all the work or there is something we must do after applying our new TR 100 unranked teams in the group page?

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2004 - 00:55 Reply with quote Back to top

giax wrote:

A question: when do you gain a challenge-point?
1) if you win the match of the first round
2) if you win a challenge and you're the challenged stable

This is correct. These are the two ways to win challenge points. This means in round 1 there are no challenges, round 2 half the stables have thr right to challenge, but after that only stables that defeat their challenger get to challenge, so not all stables will neccassarily be involved in challenge matches from round 3.

I know I can be a little long winded and waffly at times, so here's an example to make to clear:

Imagine we have six stables in the league, lets call them A,B,C,D,E,F

Round 1:

Opponents are randomly selected, so we might have:

A vs B
C vs D
E vs F

Now lets say the winners were A, C and E. These stables get 2 stable points which just means two league points, the most points wins at the end of the season.

Round 2:

The winning stables, A,C and E get to 'challenge' B, D and F. This will either be public on the thread, in this case it's first in gets the challenge if to stables challenge the same one, or private in which case you will need to put in preferances and double-ups will be decided randomly.

Okay so lets say:
A challenges F
C challenges B
E challenges D

Now this is the tricky part....

the results are:

A beats F. A gets 2 stable point, F gets none.

C and B tie (say two wins each in the 4 matches) B gets 2 stable point, as they were the challenged stable.

E is beaten by D. D gets 3 stable points for beating the challengers. They also now have a challenge point.

Round 3:

D is the only stable that can now challenge. They challenge B.

The rest of the stables are then lined up in order of TR. let's say that order is:
A
C
E
F

From this order, first plays last, second plays second last.

So matches for this round are:

B vs D
A vs F
C vs E

Note that in the non challenge matches, in the case of a tie, the lower TR team wins.

Hope that makes sense! It's really not that complicated once you get the hang off it Very Happy

Last edited by Wallace on %b %30, %2004 - %01:%Jun; edited 1 time in total
Wallace

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2004 - 00:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Just read Jan's post. Yes you are right this is an issue that CP can never be regained...

Hmmm.. Let's say that if at the start of the round, no one can challenge, then the bottom half of the league (in terms of total TR) get to challenge. This will help keeps things even.

Quote:
We want to be a stable. Will Wallace do all the work or there is something we must do after applying our new TR 100 unranked teams in the group page?

Yes yes! I will do all the work! Renegade is also helping out now, but all you need to do it apply with a TR 100 team.

let me make this clear You do not need a team of four to apply! If you can the good but if you are interested then apply with a team and we will sort it from there
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2004 - 01:25 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok. Much clearer now. I'll contact giax and explain him. Smile

Thanks!

Anyway, yes I know it's not "a must", but we are 4 friends and we would like to join, so we are ready to be a stable!
I applied and EBENEZER did, too. Giax and Khristian will apply soon, and you'll have a stable ready to fight!

Thanks, man. See you on the pitch!

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2004 - 02:17 Reply with quote Back to top

Just to be clear... no games are allowed to be played outside of the regularly scheduled Stable games right?

Cool, idea. I hope we can make this work Smile
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2004 - 02:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
Just read Jan's post. Yes you are right this is an issue that CP can never be regained...

Hmmm.. Let's say that if at the start of the round, no one can challenge, then the bottom half of the league (in terms of total TR) get to challenge. This will help keeps things even.

What about this? Every non-challenge game, no matter if in the second, third or tenth round, will give 1 cp to the winner.

ie: if you have a cp, you MUST challenge someone. On the other hand, if you don't have any cp then you automatically get the chance to gain one, either "being challenged and winning" or "not being challenged and winning the game chosen for you according to your TR".

What about this? This way no one will ever have 2 cps (those who have one will spend it), but those who have none will always get the chance to get one by winning.

Just trying to put up some advice that could work and add interest to a good original idea.

Wallace, you are allowed to shut me up anytime... Wink

Post   Posted: Jun 30, 2004 - 03:52 Reply with quote Back to top

I think I like that idea, no need to shut up I'm all for suggestions Very Happy

and yes you would not be permitted to play games outside of this league with your teams that are in it.

I'm thinking of running a reserve league within the group so that you can train up a second team that can replace your main one if it gets too trashed. Nothing definate yet just an idea....
 Jump to: