18 coaches online • Server time: 07:42
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Elf Draft Coachgoto Post [L] OBBA Smack Talk ...goto Post Cindy fumbling after...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
The_mighty_Spliff

Post 14 Posted: Jul 20, 2004 - 15:02 Reply with quote Back to top

And the Winner is....

Exclamation B.E.S.T. Exclamation

Well, not really a winner in the old fashion way of beating the opponent as hoped...
more a stalemate and then outcased by 1 sort of a winner Twisted Evil

But that`ll add 2 points to our stable and more to come... Cool
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Jul 22, 2004 - 16:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Dragonlands Coolers vs Last Skull 2-3

Despite superior firepower and an above average luck throughout the match, the Coolers fail to get rid of those pesky humans.

Failing 2 handoffs in turn 6 and 7 second half, and rolling a double skull in turn 8, the Coolers do not menage to score, despite the superiority in numbers (10 vs 6 humans on the field).

Good Game, extremely good defence by the Last Skull coach SonofSharkBoy.

Now the Four Skull Stable leads 1/2/0 in the Stable Match against Dragonlands United.

Post   Posted: Jul 25, 2004 - 05:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Still a few games needed to be played for this round. Thanks to those coaches who have managed to finish their games.

To clarify, you need to finish round 1 games by <b>next sunday August the 1st </b>. This was 1 week for match-ups and 2 weeks for games. After this round it will be just 2 weeks for everything.

For those coaches who still havn't played their games, make sure you get them played. There will be no extensions for any reason, so if you havn't played by sunday night it will be a forfeit. Send me a PM if you beleive that you did all you could to play the game, forward me the PM's sent between the two players over the 3 weeks so I can see what communication you had. If I hear nothing from you and your opponent takes the time to PM me, don't be surprised if I forfeit the game to them.
JanMattys

Post 1 Posted: Jul 28, 2004 - 12:54 Reply with quote Back to top

Dragonlands United vs Four Skulls 1-2-1

Dragonlands scored 6 TDs and inflicted 6 Casualties.

Skulls scored 6 TDs and inflicted 1 Casualty.

So...

TWO POINTS FOR THE DRAGONLANDS!!!!!!!!!

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2004 - 13:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Boo Hiss! Bollocks it is!

Why not just allow draws? This countback stuff is bollocks. We manage to draw despite being outcased by a mile and we lose because of it?

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2004 - 13:36 Reply with quote Back to top

Yep you do. Razz

Wink

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2004 - 14:57 Reply with quote Back to top

we have 3 games made ( Confused they forfeited 2 and I played mine) but the fourth player hasn't played any game on fumbbl roughly. Wallace, can you PM him in hope he will manifest ?
chunky04

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2004 - 23:33 Reply with quote Back to top

hehe Just saying, I can understand the need for countbacks at the end of the season if they're required, but do we really need em for each and every game? If it's a draw, why not just let it stand as a draw and give it the amount of points you decide to associate witha draw.

Post   Posted: Jul 28, 2004 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

As a player, and in no way this means I am talking as Captain of my Stable, I would generally agree with chuncky.
But with "only" nine or ten matches between stables, this kind of points make the whole thing more dynamic.

3 points for a win
2 points for a partial win
1 point each for the perfect draw

This system helps to keep the thrill of the league till the last minute, IMHO.

Anyway, the system can be changed in the second season, if we see it doesn't work.

Post   Posted: Jul 29, 2004 - 20:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Just throwing out a challenge to the opponents of it's on:

The remaining two matches needs to be played and our two coaches can play more or less any time (Glademan can't play on Saturday night). Please answer our PM:s as you are online and even posting in the fumbbl forum (!!).

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2004 - 09:31 Reply with quote Back to top

Isnt today the final day for getting the games done? Sadly I see way to many unplayed games thus far!

Hope this will be sorted out today so we can continue with the next round of touchdowns and fancy ballplay with our Elves in diguise =)
Covertfun

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2004 - 10:44 Reply with quote Back to top

I am the proud Captain of a tightly themed stable.

We are not in the league yet. If people in the league are forfeiting matches, clearly they are not as proud as me.

As soon as somebody drops out, I'll be dropping my pride and begging Wallace to let the awesomest stable in the universe step in. Laughing
Wallace

Post   Posted: Aug 01, 2004 - 13:05 Reply with quote Back to top

I will be updating the group page in about 18 hours from now and make any forfeits that need to be made. I think all are pretty clear with one side PM'ing me and posting in the forums and the other being AWOL....

A few of the stables are not doing well in terms of making an effort to play their games. You know who you are, if I don't hear from you you may find yourselves being moved to reserve status as we have some guys that are very keen to join, who I also know are committed coaches.

You have been warned, all captains of stable that havn't finished their games should PM me (unless you've done so already as several have) or be at risk of demotion.
sk8bcn

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2004 - 13:34 Reply with quote Back to top

These are 18 really long hours.......
JanMattys

Post   Posted: Aug 07, 2004 - 14:02 Reply with quote Back to top

LOL