23 coaches online • Server time: 10:09
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Old Wo...goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post ramchop takes on the...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2018 - 19:08 Reply with quote Back to top

Well the undead teams are also the only ones with AG2 lineman with no stunty or easy A access. Plus low MA overall. I feel that balances them well enough. I kind of didn't want every team to have identical lineman that's why i did add some that aren't just your standard stuny ST2, AG3 guys. More variety.

I do agree on a deeper bench though, maybe allow teams to have 9 or 10 players total. Perhaos only needing to field 5 big guys minimum. So 5-6 Big Guys, 1-2 lineman on pitch then 2 or 3 players on the bench. That seems fair. So change the Lineman options to 0-4 instead of 0-2. Can still only field a total of 2 of them.

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2018 - 19:30 Reply with quote Back to top

If it's going to be a big guy league, make it a big guy league! NO STUNTIES! Let the big guys struggle to ball handle! Trust me it's fun. Having been a part of the original BGA (Big Guy Arena) which we only allowed 1 vs 1! You'd have to make exceptions. Like you'd almost certainly have to replace really stupid w/ bone head to alleviate the issue RS would cause w/out non-RS players to help them out. I think a nice round 7 vs 7 would be great. A 7's BG only league. How cool.

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2018 - 19:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Nightbird wrote:
If it's going to be a big guy league, make it a big guy league! NO STUNTIES! Let the big guys struggle to ball handle! Trust me it's fun. Having been a part of the original BGA (Big Guy Arena) which we only allowed 1 vs 1! You'd have to make exceptions. Like you'd almost certainly have to replace really stupid w/ bone head to alleviate the issue RS would cause w/out non-RS players to help them out. I think a nice round 7 vs 7 would be great. A 7's BG only league. How cool.

Yep. This gets my vote! XD
gpope

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2018 - 19:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Nightbird wrote:

no stunties means no Throw Teammate, which is obviously the coolest and best part of big guys

solution: give Right Stuff to all big guys
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2018 - 19:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, so big guys throwing other big guys around? Wewll, if we're doing 7 vs 7 big guys only why not just remove all negatraits completely. Though i guess that does somewhat ruin a bit of the fun. Also what is the point of using big guys if there are no squishies there to make splat? That's why i wanted to have atleast some stunties in there too.

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2018 - 19:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe it should be Big Guys and secret weapons only. Give every team access to a chainsaw, ball & Chain, Bombadier, Doomwheel etc.

Add some fluff to it like the stunty players have realised they stand no chance against all the huge players stomping around so have gone out and armed themselves with whatever they can find in a hope to survive.

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2018 - 19:54 Reply with quote Back to top

The thing about leagues is...

The more restrictions you have, the fewer coaches you get.

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2018 - 19:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Gone through to making up the custom rules and i feel making every custom team from scratch is going to take ages. . . .

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2018 - 19:58 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:

Yeah i know. I want to keep it loose. Just working out what people would like from it here. I like the idea of the 0-6 big guys and 0-4 stunties/lino's Rosters of 7-10 with fielding 7 v 7. 6 of which have to be big guys.

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2018 - 19:59 Reply with quote Back to top

noobie2k7 wrote:
koadah wrote:

Yeah i know. I want to keep it loose. Just working out what people would like from it here. I like the idea of the 0-6 big guys and 0-4 stunties/lino's Rosters of 7-10 with fielding 7 v 7. 6 of which have to be big guys.

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2018 - 20:15 Reply with quote Back to top

Right Stuff was obviously a joke, but on a more serious note: what about moving away from separate teams and just having a mixed roster with a bunch of Big Guys and let players mix and match? It would be a bit less fluffy but it would be interesting to see what lineups players come up with--you'd be able to have a little bit of specialization while still keeping that Big Guy flavor.
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2018 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

gpope wrote:
Right Stuff was obviously a joke, but on a more serious note: what about moving away from separate teams and just having a mixed roster with a bunch of Big Guys and let players mix and match? It would be a bit less fluffy but it would be interesting to see what lineups players come up with--you'd be able to have a little bit of specialization while still keeping that Big Guy flavor.
Hmm that's quite an interesting idea. So everybody has access to every big guy then just picks their own lineup of 7.

Post   Posted: Mar 03, 2018 - 22:14 Reply with quote Back to top

I have decided on a format and have begun on creating the roster.

The league will have a single team roster everybody will pick from, That roster will contain every Big Guy in it. Some of which have been changed a little and turned into positionals with slightly changed stats or skills.

Loner is removed and replaced with Animosity to represent the multiple different races on the same team.

All big Guys will be 0-2 or 0-1's to promote diverse team lineups and also balance out some of the stronger players like the 6ST guys.

Throw team-mate is now only on Giants and Treemen and a couple of the other Big Guy options may even have right stuff Wink

Some ideas i currently have for positional options i would like feedback on are Rat Ogre Runners, Minotaur Blitzers, Treeman Throwers, Ogre Blockers. Feedback on what you might think would balance, what big guy positionals you'd like to see and skill/stat changes etc.

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2018 - 00:34 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally I would caution against going overboard on positionals... in my opinion part of the fun is watching people trying to shoehorn a bunch of big dumb ogres etc. into the roles they need, so giving them positionals that are too competent undermines the purpose.

You might also consider raising the position limits, at least for the basic guys (things like Giants that are 0-4 on their own team might warrant a 0-1 or 0-2 limit.) Some people are probably going to want to run a traditional all-ogre squad and I'm not sure there's any balance reason why they shouldn't be allowed... limiting all the roster positions means you're going to see a lot of very similar mixes.
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2018 - 00:42 Reply with quote Back to top

gpope wrote:
Personally I would caution against going overboard on positionals... in my opinion part of the fun is watching people trying to shoehorn a bunch of big dumb ogres etc. into the roles they need, so giving them positionals that are too competent undermines the purpose.

You might also consider raising the position limits, at least for the basic guys (things like Giants that are 0-4 on their own team might warrant a 0-1 or 0-2 limit.) Some people are probably going to want to run a traditional all-ogre squad and I'm not sure there's any balance reason why they shouldn't be allowed... limiting all the roster positions means you're going to see a lot of very similar mixes.
Well there's one big roster and a total of 25 player types to choose from for a team roster of 7-9.

I added some positionals so that some of the more bland Big Guys stand out a bit. An Example is i have Ogre Wrestlers, Just ogre's 10k more expensive that start with wrestle. Some i have changed a lot. Like in the case of Giants, they're now a 0-1 at 170k and have Bombadier and Strong Arm. Also they're one of only 2 players left that can throw teammates (there is one or two big guys with right stuff).