33 coaches online • Server time: 09:35
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Faulcon

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2018 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Well, farewell to CRP SWL anyway. The SWL All Southern Wastes CRP Championship was a nice hurrah but Slumbering Skink are after something a little more personal to conclude 498 games and 14 and a half years of continuous league play. Some might say this is a little self-important but the lizards have damn well earned that right. So I'm taking 7 matches, the equivalent of a season against any teams that were qualified to play in the CRP Championship. Post your team and the reason you should be a tour destination and next Saturday I'll make 7 selections.

EDIT: Opening it up for any former SWL teams of any era if they give a good enough reason.

Last edited by Faulcon on Mar 06, 2018 - 14:05; edited 1 time in total
Foad

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2018 - 14:12 Reply with quote Back to top

The Glee Club are arguable the most qualified team to be a part of the farewell...

As fellow three-peaters, we came as close as you did to a 4th, only to be stopped by none other than the skinks.

A fitting farewell, count us in if you are keen.

Last edited by Foad on Mar 04, 2018 - 15:38; edited 1 time in total
Redgum

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2018 - 14:15 Reply with quote Back to top

My Revolution would be willing to honour the passing of the Skinks. The Revolution only got one shot against this legendary team, and we lost. Perhaps a right of reply could be offered?

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2018 - 14:54 Reply with quote Back to top

That game in Season 55 when the Whalekillers turned a 0-1 Skinks win into 1-1 in T13, and Fish Oil Nilsson ran through diving tackles and a swinging Krox tail in T16 to sack Sckzchooaueu and win Prem on tie-breaker -- pushing Skinks down to 2nd. This concluded the Whalekillers 3-peat.

https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=3588421

They also have a 2/2/5 record vs Skinks which they'd like to polish up a little.

Whalekillers would very much like a jubilee 10th game vs Slumbering Skink.
bigbullies

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2018 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

More Than Ballgowns will play the skinks mate
Someone needs to reset those mngs for you before all these big teams have a chance to kick them while they are down
More Than Ballgowns

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2018 - 19:24
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

What is this? Tinder? Wink

Skink have been around long enough to know who's who.

If the Trees make the top 7 we'd be honoured to play you. We're big fans.
D_Arquebus

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2018 - 00:24 Reply with quote Back to top

Because they were both there in Season XXXX when this CRP thing kicked off...

Because none of the following mighty heroes are still alive (4/6) or playing (2/6) anymore... but the teams endured (more or less) to the end Razz ...

D_Arquebus

Quote:
“3 points: #9 Tlbzaiai. Keping his feet when under great pressure and slipping away from Bedlam to score the first TD of the match.

2 Points: #11 S-ler-ayth. I clearly recall reading that little skinks name several times throughout the match when I was cursing their tenacity and placement. So for being an annoying lil git basically Razz

1 Point: #3 Sshrr. For being the lead blocker on the Lizards team. For the later half of the game the Saurus were tied up and didn't get to throw too many hits. So he did all his heavy lifting at the pointy end of the match when teh score went up in their favour.

All told a good match woth some crazy bad dice rolls boths ways. Came down to the wire and the last turn to decide it. Thanks mate and good luck for the rest of the season.”

Faulcon

Quote:
“3 points: #1 Pandemonium. Swung his horns around all over the place, KOd Helmut in the first turn and injured a saurus later.

2 points: #5 Clutter. Big cas from the little green thing. Also nearly stopped the skinks first drive.

1 point: #4 Anarchy. Ran like a rat. Possibly because he is a rat. Give him the points for not only scoring but also giving the skinks one of their few KOs and tripping on the line for the winning td. A real player to watch in the future (if only for the amusement value)!”

Because, the All Southern Wastes CRP Championship was a tremendous send off for some of the best the SWL CRP era ever saw... with hard fought and thought games all over the place... but the Chaos All Sorts wouldn't say no to beating up another Lizard team and getting to scratch their name somewhere people will notice it... in BLOOD! >Smile

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2018 - 04:15 Reply with quote Back to top

The greatest moment of SWL history that the skinks were involved in came in the Prem decider against the Kowabunga Connection!

https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=3607592

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2018 - 05:03 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd play you but I already have a 100% win rate vs. the Skinks. Don't want to put that in jeopardy. Better to let you play other teams/coaches so that you have a chance to win. Wink
Keothi

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2018 - 03:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi Faulcon,

Unicorns would love to be part of the final Skinks tour. We were cut short of the CRP Hurrah by swladmin decision and the Unicorns would like to finish their SWL era on a high note and I can think of no better way to do this, than playing the Skinks to their 500th match!

The record stands at 1 win and 1 tie by the Skinks. I'd like a shot at giving you the Trifecta Smile
W/T/L = 1/1/1

Regards
Keothi
tribalsinner

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2018 - 03:21 Reply with quote Back to top

Morticians would love a chance to send off the skinks... Forever...

Post   Posted: Mar 06, 2018 - 14:04 Reply with quote Back to top

Editing this to say there was a request to open it up for older SWL teams to participate as well so I guess that's what I'll do. Taking nominations from any team that has played SWL including LRB4 era. Feel free to bring out those classic matchups or those almost but never happened matchups if you like.
cdwat

Post   Posted: Mar 08, 2018 - 06:51 Reply with quote Back to top

The Griffon Gate Sentinels throw their hat into the ring.

The first meeting between the teams was a Conference title decider. The Skinks managed to tie the game at 3-3 in the last turn and claim the conference title.
I don't think the Sentinels really challenged the Skinks in their subsequent two meetings, but would love to give it one more shot.

A paper team offers a bit of variety too, given that most teams to step forward so far are bashy.

Bio template here.
Faulcon

Post   Posted: Mar 10, 2018 - 22:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok, the results are in. Apologies to BigBullies, Keothi, and Tribalsinner.

First Stop: Freezy Trees

Second Stop: Whalekillers

Third Stop: Glee Club

Fourth Stop: Griffon Gate Sentinels

Fifth Stop: Redgum's Revolutionaries

Sixth Stop: Chaos All Sorts

Seventh and final stop: Kowabunga Connection.
Foad

Post   Posted: Mar 11, 2018 - 00:33 Reply with quote Back to top

Seems like a pretty good game #100 for the Glee Club.

Jump to: