61 coaches online • Server time: 19:41
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Fuel

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2018 - 17:56 Reply with quote Back to top

Hello,

After couple years in our small town i think its time to revive bloodbowl.
In our lasr leagues most of players played without minis. Using lego or ki ders and so on. But because of that we had 32 player league! That was super.
Now im trying to revive bloodbowl in our town. And i love playing agaisnt minis not lego's.
Any idea on house rules to promote minis?
I was thinking something like team gets either 2 double skills or 3 simple skills or 60k money.
Or maybe if you play witbout minis something like -1FAME.
Other suggestion was free reroll. But for some teams thats 50k for others 70k thats not good i think.
Any other suggestions?

Thanks
Purplegoo

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2018 - 18:23 Reply with quote Back to top

I think a minor house rule bonus for turning up with miniatures isn’t a bad idea if it’s an issue where you are. I’m not normally one for giving on-pitch advantages for non Blood Bowl things, but with something as fundamental as minis, I wouldn’t mind. You could give Fan Favourite to any team represented by miniatures, or something?

Be careful not to go too far, though. If half the league doesn’t have minis and doesn’t want minis, consider if it’s worth annoying them all before doing anything. Gentle carrot >> hardcore stick with nerds. We can be a defensive, fractious bunch.
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2018 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I also advise giving fan favourite to anyone who orders pizza

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2018 - 18:35 Reply with quote Back to top

We had issues with that back in our TT league as well. If you have some good painters, organizing a painting demo to show the easiest techniques might help. A lot of those coaches were really bad at painting and would get frustrated with it easily. Also, a league trophy for best painted team might help to promote it.

As PG said, pushing too hard might not work.
Buu88

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2018 - 19:53 Reply with quote Back to top

My group has it where if you dont have a painted team your opponent gets an extra reroll each half.
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2018 - 21:51
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Ref likes shiny well presented teams and grants a bribe to any set of mini's.

Also I'd meet them half way and say 'mini's' not 'painted mini's', For this season at least.

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2018 - 21:52 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
Ref likes shiny well presented teams and grants a bribe to any set of mini's.

Also I'd meet them half way and say 'mini's' not 'painted mini's', For this season at least.
I love that idea. Like the ref letting the team with the better gear get away with something cause he liked their style (having mini's or painted mini's)

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2018 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Starting to dig the idea of bribe Smile
First seasson minis get bribe, second seasson painted team gets bribe.
Kinda fluffish too Smile
Thanks guys!
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2018 - 22:48 Reply with quote Back to top

Well have it like if one has minis other doesn't then team with minis gets the bribe. If both teams have minis but one isn't painted then painted team gets the bribe.

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2018 - 23:28 Reply with quote Back to top

when last I played (which was long long ago), one thing that helped with that is that the league manager had a lot of his own minis; so you could rent them out for a season for $5. which meant you'd get minis, and iirc painted ones at that, for a very affordable price.
the main challenge with minis is simply the expense of them, it can be a lot for some people.
One other source of minis I've used: an copy of the old game HeroQuest if someone in your group has one lying around; it was made in prt by games workshop long ago, and many of the pieces make serviceable minis (they're not proper bloodbowl minis of course, but they're about the right size and really quite decent at the task, and far better than something like legos).
BrianVanLe

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2018 - 03:58 Reply with quote Back to top

Another place that would work are old used Mage Knight pieces.
 Jump to: