46 coaches online • Server time: 20:15
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Ledeas

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2018 - 20:24 Reply with quote Back to top

I have always liked the idea of using skills in ways that do the same thing, but the flavor text is different.

So I present Succubi with Fantastic Appearance -- They are so beautiful you do not want to hit them.

Succubus - 7347 -- Foul Appearance, GA [SP] 80K [0-16]
Imp – 7247 – Stab (Poison Tail), Very Long Legs (Wings) GA (SP) 80k [0-4]
Dogs of War – 7428 – No Hands, Sure Feet GS (AP) 80k [0-2]

Reroll -- 70k
Apoth -- Yes
Star Players -- Chaos

Now I am very new to the idea of creating teams so my numbers may be a bit off. I welcome any feed back.

I imagine the Dogs of War to look like the Hounds of Goza from Ghostbusters

2nd presentation edit:

So after reading the feed back I have used the character creation link to create prices.
The Succubi fit as Agility Players. If I do them as normal players they would cost 110k.

The imps are perfect as Agility players as well. I upped their numbers to 4. To create some chaos.

The Dogs of War are odd. I would rather they be star players like Brik and Grotty. Buy one get the other.
For now I am leaving them in as blockers / Flesh Golem like players. I know this breaks the rule of No Blocker/Agility player -- but we are theory crafting at the moment.

Their movement is higher than the blocker math allows, I justify this with No Hands. I added General since removing it does not give back anything to the creation cost.

IF I could create the Dogs as Star Players, I would go with an Enthralled Big guy (Ogre probably -- and add Right stuff to the Imps)

I do enjoy that the players are all the same cost.

LORE:

Succubi feed off the desires of males (Incubi feed off females) and what better way to garner the attention of males then during a festival of victory, violence, and expensiveness.

The ladies are not afraid to mix it up, but why take bruises when you don't have to.

They have brought along large hounds to help knock other players over. The hounds love the game of fetch the ladies play with them, but are terrible with doing anything with the ball.

In addition, nasty little imps have tagged along. With the distraction of the the ladies beauty and the fear the hounds can create, many opponents forget that they are there. This allows them to strike them with their stinging tails. A task they absolutely adore. With their mobility the Succubi will at times toss them the ball and they will bask in the glory of a Touch Down.

Last edited by Ledeas on Mar 11, 2018 - 17:28; edited 7 times in total
bghandras

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2018 - 21:14 Reply with quote Back to top

There are power level issues with this, yet i would like to make a different point, which is purely design. I would suggest to keep this pun (which i like) very unique, so make only 1 succubus, not 2 different kind. Make her design count.

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2018 - 21:20 Reply with quote Back to top

That has been an issue with me. I like the idea of one type of succubus, supported by a few demons. I am not a big fan of 2 player teams, but at the same time they do not need 6 like Dark Elves. Thank you for the feed back.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2018 - 21:29 Reply with quote Back to top

From dnd worlds point of view, the human lino (or a variant with human fluff) would be a good company. In those stories, the basic humanoids were exposed most by succubi.

EDIT: If you go with the human lino approach, then Succubus could have animosity. (Representing the one sided relationship.)

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2018 - 21:34 Reply with quote Back to top

I feel a succubus team would be too similar to a Slaneesh or Vampire team.

0-16 Enthralled Linemen 6337 Thrall G ASP 50k
0-6 Succubus 7347 Bloodlust, Foul appearance, Hypnotic Gaze,Leap, Very Long Legs regeneration GA SP 130k

Apo no
Rerolls 60k
Star players: chaos

I feel that when designing teams people get a little obsessed over having loads of positionals that do all these things when in 90% of cases, simple is better.

For my idea all i might add one be maybe a 0-1 daemon big guy or a 0-2 positional with block or something and thrall. Like an Enthralled Catcher or Enthralled Blitzer.

Last edited by noobie2k7 on Mar 04, 2018 - 22:34; edited 1 time in total
Ledeas

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2018 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

bghandras wrote:
From dnd worlds point of view, the human lino (or a variant with human fluff) would be a good company. In those stories, the basic humanoids were exposed most by succubi.

EDIT: If you go with the human lino approach, then Succubus could have animosity. (Representing the one sided relationship.)

I like some of this. making them Humans is not all bad. I am not a fan of the Animosity. If I did that, I would think the Succubi would be a little cheaper? Perhaps have 6 available instead of 4 -- I see them as a Bret like team.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Mar 04, 2018 - 22:24 Reply with quote Back to top

You would make the humans ag3, and succubus as ag4. It is not a big penalty really. You want to ball with the succubus anyway. I think 4 succubus is fine.

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2018 - 01:40 Reply with quote Back to top

I like a combination of noobie2k7's and bgh's idea but without the flying bloodlust succubi. Although it does make them quite similar to the Lahmian build.

0-16 Entralled Linos 6338 G 50k
0-2 Enthralled Blitzers 7338 Block GS 90k
0-4 Succubus 7347 Foul Appearance, Hypnogaze, Regen (demon, right?), Animosity GA (cost?)

Hell, at that point you could even throw in an Ogre. It's a human team but the Succubi take the place of the throwers and catchers. (Which if you think about the fluff of succubi fits really well. They insinuate themselves into a host structure and take it over).

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2018 - 01:52 Reply with quote Back to top

Sigmar1 wrote:
I like a combination of noobie2k7's and bgh's idea but without the flying bloodlust succubi. Although it does make them quite similar to the Lahmian build.

0-4 Succubus 7347 Foul Appearance, Hypnogaze, Regen (demon, right?), Animosity GA (cost?)

Hell, at that point you could even throw in an Ogre. It's a human team but the Succubi take the place of the throwers and catchers. (Which if you think about the fluff of succubi fits really well. They insinuate themselves into a host structure and take it over).

I like that build of the team. I added the bloodlust to balance the fact Succubus had so many skills and also it fit the fluff of them being sexual soul sucking ladies so they sometimes get the urge for some nookey and have to go grab someone.

Could even maybe make the Succubus team a sort of Chaos Pact team but for the good races. Like the Succubus has gone around and entralled a bunch of different races to her harem.

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2018 - 10:26 Reply with quote Back to top

quite similar to the Lahmian build.

If you add up the cost of the succubi using the player creator
you get 110k if you don't add 20k into the base cost for animosity (or 120k if you do!)

https://fumbbl.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=20129 (link to the player creator.
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2018 - 10:57 Reply with quote Back to top

I do wonder why the Succubus would have animosity though fluff wise. They don't hate working with the enthralled humans, so i don't think there'd be any lack of teamwork there due to the fact the Humans are 'brainwashed'. If anything it would make more sense for the Humans to have Animosity since they're the ones that are being forced into the team against their will. Animosity showing them fighting against the charms.

Also if the team was going to have a big guy i think an entralled Ogre would be a good idea. That or having like a Succubus Matriarch.Then give the Matriarch the wings (leap+VLL)

0-1 7447 Loner, Foul APP, Animosity, Hypnogaze, Leap, VLL, Regen GA PS 140k

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2018 - 18:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I would not use the Animosity, but if I did the fluff would be that the humans are a little 'slow' being enthralled, so they sometimes just stand there and look at the Gals.
bghandras

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2018 - 19:25 Reply with quote Back to top

I would not use:
- Hypno gaze
- Regeneration
- Bloodlust
Succubus is not a vampire. Making it a human team with
1 ogre
2 blitzers
4 succubus
human linos
Makes perfect sense to me though.
0-4 Succubus 7347 Dodge, Foul Appearance, Animosity GA
I would probably put at 90k
I gave dodge to further emphasize the hard to hit theme while justifying a bump of her price.

Animosity: I think the succubus does not like to give to the enthralled. They tend to take it all.

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2018 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Y0u realise Suiccubus are daemons that brainwash people right? All Daemons have regeneration and Hypnotic gaze overall makes as much sense if not more so than Foul appearance.

Khorne Daemons are Bloodlust AND Regeneration. . .Must be vampires.

Post   Posted: Mar 05, 2018 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

Thjough if we're going off the 40k Dark Eldar Succubus then maybe they should be on some Dark Elf Witch Elf team, though we already have one of those.