45 coaches online • Server time: 11:38
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...goto Post Secret League Americ...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Mar 22, 2018 - 19:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Had an idea for a Dark Elf Beastmaster team. They have a lot of options for interesting units. You'd have the standard Beastmasters as your 0-16. Then could have Harpies, Manticores and Kharibdyss as positionals. I'm not much of a fan of mounts in BB but you could also have Cold One's or Riders. As that's also where Cold Ones are trained in WFB.

The team would look like this
0-16 Beastmasters 6348 Prehensile Tail(whip) GA (SP) 70k
0-4 Harpies 8247 Leap, Very Long Legs(wings) GA (SP)90k
0-2 Cold Ones 7428 Claw, Sprint, No Hands GS (AP) 110k
0-1 Manticore 5529 Prehensile Tail, Stab, Claw, Wild Animal, No Hands, Leap, VLL S (GAP) 160k
0-1 Kharibdyss 4519 Multi Block, Mighty Blow, Wild Animal, no hands, tentacles S (GAP) 160k

Rerolls: 50k
Apothecary: Yes
Star Players: Dark Elf

I chose the Beastmasters as the stndard positionals since they would be the most common player used to corall all the beasts on the field into action. I gave them Prehensile Tail due to the whips they carry thy could use to trip or hamper the movements of opposing players.
Harpies i chose as a 0-4 positional due to them being often found in flocks, they are pretty phjysically weak and often only attack in groups so gave them 2ST and low AV, but gave them high MA along with leap and VLL because of their high mobility and wings.
I was not quite sure what to do with Cold Ones ones so i make them Saurus like and gave them claw and sprint to represent their speed and well the fact they have claws but can't handle the ball.
Manticores were difficult really since there are so many variants but i went with the most common type which has wings (Leap + VLL) and a long poison tail which gave it stab and prehensile tail. I went with claw over MB as it made or sense and no hands with the Wild Animal negatrait as it was the one that fit.
The Kharibdyss was pretty easy since it's like a Hydra so Multi Block and two heads to represent the many heads it has, mighty blow due to its powerful bite and tentacles as it has many tentacles surrounding its mouths and tail. Wild Animal and no hands obviously because it's a beast.

The player prices i'm a little bit not sure about though.

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2018 - 18:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Harpies don't make too much sense, as they are sentient creatures of Chaos who hang around Beastmen, and I have never heard of them fighting for Dark Elves.
Java

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2018 - 19:06 Reply with quote Back to top

notbobby125 wrote:
Harpies don't make too much sense, as they are sentient creatures of Chaos who hang around Beastmen, and I have never heard of them fighting for Dark Elves.

I'm not sure if this opinion could be warranted by having played warhammer too long ago (as I don't remember if harpies were with delfs in 3rd edition or earlier), or only too recently - maybe GW removed harpies from the Age of Sigmar darkelf background. Are they called Evil Aesir or DruchAeldars or something like that, now?

Anyway, as far as I can remember (4th edition to 8th edition) harpies were part of dark elf armies. Chaos had furies (daemons) and sometimes harpies.
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2018 - 19:46 Reply with quote Back to top

3rd edition Warhammer fluff for harpies was that they were a winged type of beastman. That being a creature of part chaos/part human and also had wings. In 3rd ed beastmen were not uniform like today and could take any animal form. They could be taken as apart of a Chaotic host, which is the section for beasts like dragons and cockatrice. So that meant both DE and Chaos could take them as DE had a closer affection to Chaos in 3rd ed.

4th ed they got some proper figures (not D&D hand-me-downs) and some proper fluff. Also by this time Beastmen were not so random and came in a generic form. This also helped to slimline the rules.

So.....you could put harpies with either. I think Harpies could be just as associated with DE as Cold Ones. Personally I'm not a fan of mounts in the standard game....would make for a great side game though.
noobie2k7

Post   Posted: Mar 23, 2018 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not sure if they an actual army choice for Dark Elves in the current ruleset but Harpies are found in Naggaroth. They usually make their lairs around the sea of Chill which is where Clar Karond is. The Sea of Chill being between Clar Karond and Karond Kar. That's why i included them as they were a good beatly option to act as a good runner option for the side.

I also dislike mounts in BB that's why i just had the Cold Ones on their own and not Cold One Knights/riders.