39 coaches online • Server time: 11:23
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
VillainousIntent

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2018 - 18:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Its bothered me for a while. Why does sidestep still work when the player is knocked over? are we supposed to believe he carefully positions himself whilst being smashed in the face by an orc? doesnt fit the fluff much.

Additionally you can get a well deserved pow on a guy and still get screwed if he decides to 'side step' on top of the ball.

What grinds your gears about this game?
Kryten

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2018 - 18:41
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

Flat pricing for skills is my biggest peave. Back in LRB4 the most efficient way to build a team was to have many players with a couple skills, and the games were more strategic and tactical. Then in CRP we went to the dark ages of having a few legends and fodder.
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2018 - 18:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Kryten wrote:
Flat pricing for skills is my biggest peave. Back in LRB4 the most efficient way to build a team was to have many players with a couple skills, and the games were more strategic and tactical. Then in CRP we went to the dark ages of having a few legends and fodder.

I thought it would be cancelling games for coaches who have mismatched rulesets. Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2018 - 18:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Kryten wrote:

+1

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2018 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Nurgle
thoralf

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2018 - 19:55 Reply with quote Back to top

Only one? Lucky you.

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2018 - 20:54 Reply with quote Back to top

VillainousIntent wrote:

What grinds your gears about this game?

People with pet peeves.

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2018 - 21:06 Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm. SCA heavy weapons combat, there are some units which train on falling in the direction which is disadvantageous to the other army. (Especially useful to your unit in limited frontage battles... but learning to 'fall off the bridge' during a resurrection battle gets you back into the battle faster. Smile) Yeah, gotta learn to do it, even when getting poleaxed in the face by some knuckle-scraping Sir-Duke person*. It takes some training to get accustomed to getting punched in the face without flinching or turning away.

*shrug* I'd have assumed you'd have mentioned intercepting the ball before the thrower has had the opportunity to fumble the ball. Smile

Concessions have to be made for gameplay.

(*said with love and affection.)
acroPhobia

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2018 - 22:00 Reply with quote Back to top

Personally, I wish TV decreased with perm injuries. Why is a crippled player worth the same as a healthy one?
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2018 - 22:08 Reply with quote Back to top

acroPhobia wrote:
Personally, I wish TV decreased with perm injuries. Why is a crippled player worth the same as a healthy one?

because -ag BoBs, Big guys and Saurus exist.

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2018 - 22:15 Reply with quote Back to top

acroPhobia wrote:

No. This feature led to some pretty sneaky TV gaming in the past.

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2018 - 22:43 Reply with quote Back to top

Just get a new pet
Gritter

Post   Posted: Mar 24, 2018 - 23:53 Reply with quote Back to top

The_Great_Gobbo wrote:
Just get a new pet

Laughing Very Happy
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2018 - 00:10 Reply with quote Back to top

nerfed fouling

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2018 - 07:41 Reply with quote Back to top

The kick off table can do your nut!