19 coaches online • Server time: 04:59
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Conceding v Goblins/...goto Post War Drums?goto Post Advice tabletop tour...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Kondor

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2018 - 09:10 Reply with quote Back to top

Kryten wrote:
Flat pricing for skills is my biggest peave. Back in LRB4 the most efficient way to build a team was to have many players with a couple skills, and the games were more strategic and tactical. Then in CRP we went to the dark ages of having a few legends and fodder.

So with the end of PO will we be going back to a couple of skills on most players?
uzkulak

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2018 - 09:39 Reply with quote Back to top

No - because two skills is too expensive an investment, especially for the three suckers on the LoS.
Grod

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2018 - 11:05 Reply with quote Back to top

The Bu||$^!t dice that are anything but random. Instead of having mixed luck for both players during a match, usually one side or the other just has completely bad dice the whole time. Everyone who knows about statistics can tell you that means its rigged.

Oscar Wilde
Kondor

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2018 - 11:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Grod wrote:
The Bu||$^!t dice that are anything but random. Instead of having mixed luck for both players during a match, usually one side or the other just has completely bad dice the whole time. Everyone who knows about statistics can tell you that means its rigged.
Rolling Eyes Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Question Question
PurpleChest

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2018 - 11:49
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

One Turn Touch Downs.

You invest 90 minutes of your life into a fun, interactive, tactical, 2 person game and then it gets rendered redundant by someone else playing tetris for 45 seconds.

Last edited by PurpleChest on %b %25, %2018 - %19:%Mar; edited 1 time in total
harvestmouse

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2018 - 14:18 Reply with quote Back to top

Kondor wrote:
Kryten wrote:
Flat pricing for skills is my biggest peave. Back in LRB4 the most efficient way to build a team was to have many players with a couple skills, and the games were more strategic and tactical. Then in CRP we went to the dark ages of having a few legends and fodder.

So with the end of PO will we be going back to a couple of skills on most players?

How many POMB Wardancers do you see?

I just put this

"One Turn Touch Downs.

You invest 9 minutes of your life into a fun, interactive, tactical, 2 person game and then it gets rendered redundant by someone else playing tetris for 45 seconds."

into google translate and this came out.

"I play Dwarfs, I've played Dwarfs here for 15 years. 15 YEARS!

I've also invested time in Chaos Dwarfs. I have very little chance of ever scoring a one turn touchdown with Dwarfs. I've been playing Dwarfs as long as tetris has been around."

Google translate is weird.

For me keeping teams trim (min-maxing to me) an extension of what Kryten is saying killed the game. On paper everything about CRP is better, in practice it isn't.
Mattius

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2018 - 15:17 Reply with quote Back to top

I'll jump on the bandwagon.

1. Ranked- You go on ranked and you are met with a host of teams with 80% win rates. It's just ridiculous, clearly none of these teams are ever playing each other Razz

2. Legend coaches playing with tier 1 races complaining about luck. It really boggles my mind how often I see this. Fair enough if you are playing halflings and you get diced, but Orcs/CH Dorfs etc, the other player really needs the luck. Accept it.
koadah

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2018 - 16:36 Reply with quote Back to top

PurpleChest wrote:
One Turn Touch Downs.

You invest 9 minutes of your life into a fun, interactive, tactical, 2 person game and then it gets rendered redundant by someone else playing tetris for 45 seconds.

+1

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2018 - 16:41 Reply with quote Back to top

harvestmouse wrote:

For me keeping teams trim (min-maxing to me) an extension of what Kryten is saying killed the game. On paper everything about CRP is better, in practice it isn't.

Is that even a thing outside of box? Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2018 - 16:44 Reply with quote Back to top

Kind of goes along with the OTTD thing but turn 8 throw team-mate touch downs are my pet peeve.

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2018 - 16:50 Reply with quote Back to top

koadah wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:

Hilarious.

The biggest team in the current major is from the box. There are plenty more huge teams with it too. In fact, one of the bigger complaints over the last few years has been large tv gaps due to the presence of huge teams.

Can we do away with this myth that it's the only place where people minmax? I could quite easily list a bunch of teams that minmax and pick in R (and bemusingly L), but you know: (a) name and shame, and (b) why bother being fractious?

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2018 - 16:55 Reply with quote Back to top

ArrestedDevelopment wrote:
koadah wrote:
harvestmouse wrote:

Hilarious.

The biggest team in the current major is from the box. There are plenty more huge teams with it too. In fact, one of the bigger complaints over the last few years has been large tv gaps due to the presence of huge teams.

Can we do away with this myth that it's the only place where people minmax? I could quite easily list a bunch of teams that minmax and pick in R (and bemusingly L), but you know: (a) name and shame, and (b) why bother being fractious?

I suppose what I meant was does it matter? Mr. Green

But OK , people are peeved. Wink

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2018 - 19:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Let me clarify and I appreciate that I'm totally at the extreme on my feelings on this matter.

For me if you have money and aren't playing with 15/16 you're minmaxing. If you consider taking a weaker skill choice over a stat due to the effect on TV you're minmaxing. If you sack healthy players, you're minmaxing. If you're not striving to make your team as powerful as possible...you're minmaxing. If you aren't trying to max out on positionals (without a theme) you're minmaxing. Which is correct, it's just that the term 'minmaxing' now has a stigma attached to it and a stereotype.

Was some of this in LRB4..yes. However the effect wasn't the same. It seemed more natural. It's the main reason I like the Stunty div in CRP. It's a more natural environment with teams that evolve more naturally.
garyt1

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2018 - 19:27 Reply with quote Back to top

noobie2k7 wrote:
Kind of goes along with the OTTD thing but turn 8 throw team-mate touch downs are my pet peeve.

But the ttm teams need such boons! Not to mention they often fail.

Post   Posted: Mar 25, 2018 - 19:40 Reply with quote Back to top

garyt1 wrote:
noobie2k7 wrote:

But the ttm teams need such boons! Not to mention they often fail.
It's my pet peeve it doesn't have to be fair. I just hate TTM teams. I also dislike those Elfbowl teams that play so damn risky with the RNG dodges and passes and are never ever punished for it.