83 coaches online • Server time: 22:10
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Tulkas_jrrt

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2018 - 11:24 Reply with quote Back to top

That concession cost him a lot, 4 players (one dead) left the team ...

/boo to concession

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2018 - 13:00 Reply with quote Back to top

"Momma, what are you doing?" Ringo looks about nervously and tried to pull his mother back by the shoulders, but she shoo'd his hands away.
She spat to the side, "Coach quit game after my Mango give life for team. No respect for my Mango!" She picked up a rock and began scratching at the word Banana Hair etched into the grave marker.
"But Momma, that team is part of his legacy. It's what he loved doing. Please stop, you're embarrassing yourself!" Ringo's words began to trail off as his pleadings fell on deaf ears.
"No! Banana Hair quit on Mango?! Then Mango quit on Banana Hair!" Bits of stone chipped out of the lettering as she furiously wacked at them with the stone. "What kind of silly name 'Banana Hair' anyways?" Momma scowled and shook her head in disgust.

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2018 - 20:12 Reply with quote Back to top

pizzamogul wrote:
"Momma, what are you doing?" Ringo looks about nervously and tried to pull his mother back by the shoulders, but she shoo'd his hands away.
She spat to the side, "Coach quit game after my Mango give life for team. No respect for my Mango!" She picked up a rock and began scratching at the word Banana Hair etched into the grave marker.
"But Momma, that team is part of his legacy. It's what he loved doing. Please stop, you're embarrassing yourself!" Ringo's words began to trail off as his pleadings fell on deaf ears.
"No! Banana Hair quit on Mango?! Then Mango quit on Banana Hair!" Bits of stone chipped out of the lettering as she furiously wacked at them with the stone. "What kind of silly name 'Banana Hair' anyways?" Momma scowled and shook her head in disgust.

I really enjoyed that Smile this might have been the case indeed...

Rule 1: Never tell everything you know.
Catalyst32

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2018 - 20:40 Reply with quote Back to top

Irgy wrote:
Roc team
0-1 Roc:
900,000 Ma 8 St 7 Ag 3 Av 8, Flying, Throw player
(No need for other players.)
Rerolls 50k

Flying: When this player takes a move action, you may choose to replace the player with a marker. While you do, the player has no tackle zones, can occupy the same square as another player, and can only interact with players who also have flying until they return to the board. This player may take the ball with them while they do so.

Throw Player: As per throw-team-mate but with no "stunty" or "on your team" constraint

You forgot "Always Hungry"... when the Roc attempts to Throw a Player he might try to Eat that player. RollD6 on result on 1 the player is Eaten if Stunty... if not Stunty roll for AV and then for Injury if AV is broken.

And I forget all the other rules involved in Throw Teammate... but if NOT Stunty and the Roc Eats you roll D6 again... on a roll of 1 the Roc ate the players head and he is RIP'd (Apoth can be attempted as normal... maybe the Roc bit it off and dropped it instead of swallowing it). Roll of 2 Roc ate the Arm, 3 Roc ate the Leg. etc etc

Then the Roc MIGHT drop you... yada yada... roll for Agility then potentially AV and Injury as normal.
Badoek

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2018 - 08:13 Reply with quote Back to top

Throw Player does require a dodge roll if there's tackle zones involved, right?

good job at the explanations, it all makes sense to me.

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2018 - 09:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Imagine if you gave your life trying to win a game and the rest just gave up?! You would be disgusted as well.
JetsamJay

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2018 - 11:19 Reply with quote Back to top

lawofthewest wrote:
what are rocs?

Although there is such a thing as rocs I'd bet he meant orcs. Rolling Eyes
razmus

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2018 - 13:39 Reply with quote Back to top

Tulkas_jrrt wrote:
That concession cost him a lot, 4 players (one dead) left the team ...

/boo to concession

Never Surrender. Razz
thoralf

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2018 - 18:25 Reply with quote Back to top

If the player breaks his contract before he's officially declared dead by the local authorities, the life insurance of a team does not need to cover him.

I think this calls for another Help page.

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2018 - 18:29 Reply with quote Back to top

whatever it is, it is an epidemic: https://fumbbl.com/p/match?id=3981174
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2018 - 19:49 Reply with quote Back to top

concession is the ultimate shame for a team. Star players tend to leave teams that do this in disgust.

OOC - it's a mechanism in place to ensure coaches do not auto-concede against big threatening teams.

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2018 - 21:45 Reply with quote Back to top

How high on the promotion scale can a player get and NOT consider quitting the team in a concession?
razmus

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2018 - 21:50 Reply with quote Back to top

From CRP:
"A coach that concedes before setting up for a kick-off where he could only field 2 or less players suffers no additional penalties. If one coach concedes the match for any other reason then the winner gains all the loser's winnings and MVP from this match. In addition, the loser automatically loses one Fan Factor and may not roll for a new one, and any players in the loser's team that have 51 SPPs or more will leave the team on a D6 roll of 1-3. Roll separately for each player with 51 or more SPPs to see if they leave."

bghandras

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2018 - 09:45 Reply with quote Back to top

For some races (most prominently undead, necro), death is not an excuse to stop working. Now, those tired of toiling may have found an exclusion clause, which is concession! Free all legendary and superstar zombies of the world! (i am obviously joking.)

Post   Posted: Aug 28, 2018 - 09:45
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

hmm, someone joins the site just to leave non specific praise and a clickable link. Sounds legit, I'll just go click that link..........

Jump to: