47 coaches online • Server time: 13:18
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4goto Post Skittles' Centu...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Miceycraft

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2018 - 20:33 Reply with quote Back to top

So I have been tidying up my Pirates of Bogwash. Previously the whole bio was using the Papyrus font but it seems to have all changed back to the default - i'm guessing this font is no longer supported on the site.

My question is: Does anyone know if there is a list of fonts that can be used in team bios?
ArrestedDevelopment

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2018 - 21:43 Reply with quote Back to top

i still see papyrus? maybe a browser issue?

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2018 - 23:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Maybe. I will check out other browsers. Thanks AD
Balle2000

Post   Posted: Apr 02, 2018 - 23:32 Reply with quote Back to top

BBCODE "supports" any font the computer you are viewing it from supports. Maybe you changed computers or reinstalled the OS?

This means that even if you see a font in a bio on YOUR computer, someone else might be seeing a different font on THEIR computer.

This is why using "font stacks" is good, which gives the viewer a set of fonts if the first (and second, third) font should fall through. Font stacks also works in Fumbbl's bbcode. Just type in multiple fonts in the font tag, separating them by commas.

You can for example find some font stacks (including stats for likelihood of the viewer having the font) here:
https://www.cssfontstack.com/

If none of the fonts are supported on the computer you are on, it will revert to whatever is the default in your OS and browser.
Miceycraft

Post   Posted: Apr 03, 2018 - 10:03 Reply with quote Back to top

Balle2000 wrote:
BBCODE "supports" any font the computer you are viewing it from supports. Maybe you changed computers or reinstalled the OS?

This means that even if you see a font in a bio on YOUR computer, someone else might be seeing a different font on THEIR computer.

This is why using "font stacks" is good, which gives the viewer a set of fonts if the first (and second, third) font should fall through. Font stacks also works in Fumbbl's bbcode. Just type in multiple fonts in the font tag, separating them by commas.

You can for example find some font stacks (including stats for likelihood of the viewer having the font) here:
https://www.cssfontstack.com/

If none of the fonts are supported on the computer you are on, it will revert to whatever is the default in your OS and browser.

Thanks that makes perfect sense. I have literally just reinstalled the OS on this PC.

I will definitely look into font stacks.
 Jump to: