47 coaches online • Server time: 19:25
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Creating a custom to...goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post DOTP Season 4
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
Poll
Wood elf catcher rolls double 5 with guard already taken. What skill?
+MA
81%
 81%  [ 27 ]
Nerves of Steel
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Block
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Something else
9%
 9%  [ 3 ]
Forest goblin pie
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 33

Joe1982

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2018 - 00:23 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi,

What would you take for this catcher https://fumbbl.com/p/player?player_id=12202026 ? He is on this team https://fumbbl.com/p/team?team_id=899943

+MA seems the obvious choice, but I have a MA 10 wardancer already (missing next game, however). On the subject of MA 10 wardancers, any recommendations on a next skill for him? Sprint seems the a good choice for one-turn touchdown ease, but I'm new to woodies so would appreciate some thoughts.

Cheers Smile
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2018 - 00:28 Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, +MA on Catcher.
On Wardancer either Side Step, Sprint or Tackle, I would take Side Step first.

By the way I suggest to fire the AG 3 Lineman and the niggled Thrower.
Get a Kicker as soon as possible.
Don't take Leader on Linemen, if you want it get it with a Thrower.

Last edited by MattDakka on Apr 04, 2018 - 00:44; edited 1 time in total
Rawlf

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2018 - 00:42 Reply with quote Back to top

+MA and get him to block ASAP.

Now you have a catcher for oneturning, your wardancer can be a blitzer again. Wink Frenzy could be fun.
Joe1982

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2018 - 00:42 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks MattDakka - always appreciate your genuine and thoughtful advice. Yeah maybe fire the lino, but I'm not great on offense with elf teams yet so the thrower is useful. I've stopped giving him MVPs and won't apothecary him. However, if I get 2 catchers and can afford a new thrower the maybe I'll fire him then.
Joe1982

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2018 - 00:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers Rawlf. I'm scared of frenzy after a torrid time with Norse, but maybe time to get over my fear Smile
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2018 - 00:47 Reply with quote Back to top

Joe1982 wrote:
Thanks MattDakka - always appreciate your genuine and thoughtful advice. Yeah maybe fire the lino, but I'm not great on offense with elf teams yet so the thrower is useful. I've stopped giving him MVPs and won't apothecary him. However, if I get 2 catchers and can afford a new thrower the maybe I'll fire him then.

Cheers! Very Happy
You can't get better on offence with elf teams if you rely much on passing.
Rely on running game whenever possible, pass only when you can't score by running (for example when there are 2 turns left to score).
About the lino: unless you are going to block (or you plan to use a rr to dodge), an AG 4 loner Lineman is better than an AG 3 Lineman.
You don't even have a bench, so there is no reason to keep the AG 3 in my opinion.
Joe1982

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2018 - 11:26 Reply with quote Back to top

I take the point about the running game, but I do try and run the ball even though I have the thrower. Typically, I score via a quick pass and hand-off or just a hand-off, so I'm not throwing long bombs. I can definitely improve here, though, but will probably keep the thrower for now. I have gold so will buy a new catcher before the next game, so the AG 3 guy would be a reserve. Perhaps I'll fire him, but maybe keeping him for one more game makes sense. After that my Miss Game wardancer returns meaning I'd have a bench of one even if I fired the AG3 guy (obviously I won't get any injuries next game, lol)
Arktoris

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2018 - 15:05 Reply with quote Back to top

if he's a guard, go with +AV

though personally I would have gone with mightyblow instead of guard. 2ST guards have short life spans.

Post   Posted: Apr 04, 2018 - 22:27 Reply with quote Back to top

Wood elf bench is extremely useful in my opinion. An AG3 elf is still better than no elf at all and he can receive the LoS punching that otherwise your other elfs would get.
Sigmar1

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2018 - 05:33 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm with Medon. No reason to fire an ag3 line elf as you always need bodies for the grinder. He'll get further jacked soon enough.

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2018 - 09:50 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks all - much appreciated. Mendon and Sigmar1, would you consider throwing the AG3 guy on in place of a healthy elf when playing defense against bash, or would you always keep him in reserve and just bring him on when injuries make it necessary? I'm inclined to only use him as a reserve until necessary, since AG 3 means he won't be doing much dodging away from the grind, but be interested to hear what you'd do.
Irgy

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2018 - 10:54 Reply with quote Back to top

I'd put him in the middle, dodge him out last and don't reroll if he fails. I'd also replace him as soon as I had gold to spare, but I can see the argument for keeping him while you're spending your gold buying catchers.

And yeah don't turn down a 1-turner, the Wardancer won't live forever (especially if the opponents can help it).
MattDakka

Post   Posted: Apr 05, 2018 - 15:02 Reply with quote Back to top

Joe1982 wrote:
would you consider throwing the AG3 guy on in place of a healthy elf when playing defense against bash, or would you always keep him in reserve and just bring him on when injuries make it necessary?

I would place the AG 3 on the LOS on defence and keep him on bench when attacking.
Joe1982

Post   Posted: Apr 06, 2018 - 09:11 Reply with quote Back to top

Ok guys thanks for the input. I'll go with MA for the catcher and probably hang on to the lineman until I can afford a third catcher.
 Jump to: