46 coaches online • Server time: 10:37
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post Southern Wastes Leag...goto Post Theory-craft Leaguegoto Post On-spot substitution...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ramchop

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2018 - 07:03
FUMBBL Staff
Reply with quote Back to top

The Deserted Isles Blood Bowl Leeg is a weekly league for New Zealand based coaches. Coaches from elsewhere able to commit to NZ prime time (7pm - 9pm nzt) are also welcome.

Season 12 kicks off Sunday 22nd April. Teams new to DIBBL can build up to 1500 TW (including treasury) with friendlies to prep for entry into the league. Can play anyone in competitive games (no all snotling teams), but cannot play the same team twice. So if you're interested, you have just under 2 weeks to get your team sorted.

One rule change brought in last season to close the gap slightly between established teams and newcomers is being kept for S12. The treasury system is currently broken in League. No spiraling expenses, no expensive mistakes. This has meant the old timers have been able to build up massive cash reserves, so even if they get smashed they can replenish easily. Compare this to the 1500tv teams that come in with no cash at all.

Existing teams and returning teams who have not played friendlies since leaving the league:
No cap on TW. However if TV+treasury>2100k, then treasury must be cut to 100k
e.g. TW = 1950, treasury can be no more than 150k; TW = 2000, treasury can be no more than 100k; TW = 2500k treasury can be no more than 100k.
The treasury restriction is only for the first game of the season, treasury can grow freely throughout the season.

Previous seasons have seen 16 teams split over the two divisions. Top 3 of each qualify for the main finals. Structure of S12 will depend on numbers.

Season 12 teams:
ramchop:Image Transfusion Time Image
Klazam: Image Old 'Murican Gods Image
mushoomy:Image Pitch Slap Image
Foad:Image Blackwater Sting Image
pdarbs: Image mountain gorillas Image
Wozzaa: Image Chatham Island Crows Image
DustBunny:Image Back Alley Burglars Image
bigbullies:Image Crouching Saurus Hidden Skink Image
OrcCleaver:Image Tararuas Krox Image
tussock:Image DIBBL Kids Image
PlantingLemur:Image Bonesfield Bakers Image
JPM: Image or Image Image
Sharper:Image Wild Ex-pacts Image
Jevouse:Image Overly Refined Image
paradocks: Image Disregarded Derelicts Image
TK3179: Image Whaka Warpfire Image
DDAmAge112: Image Hauraki Horrors Image
Karnov:Image North Scars Image

Last edited by ramchop on May 12, 2018 - 04:24; edited 13 times in total
Klazam

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2018 - 07:12 Reply with quote Back to top

New team, Old 'Murican Gods, here to invade and carry off your trophies and loot.

(Or to get smashed, which is more likely)
mushoomy

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2018 - 10:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Pitch Slap will be back
Foad

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2018 - 12:20 Reply with quote Back to top

I'm in with High Elves or Dark Elves...

Post   Posted: Apr 07, 2018 - 12:42 Reply with quote Back to top

apes are coming back
ramchop

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2018 - 09:13
FUMBBL Staff

View from above - Season Preview from your unbiased incorruptible Commish

Season 12! And 18 coaches. A new record! Boborc, our friendly bot borrowed from SWL, delivered us three cracking pools. Roxannas Runners Division (average TV 1950k), Thrill Bill Division (average TV 1850k), and Injury Time!!! Division (average TV ~1650k).

Last season your ever informed commish picked a spectacular 2 out of the 6 Cup contenders. It'll be hard to top that, but I'll try.

At first glance it seems Roxannas is the nastiest pool, let's have a closer look.

Roxannas Runners Division
Named after the winner of the first and only Agility Beads tournament, this group looks to be more about bash than dash.

ImageDisregarded Derelicts (pardocks)
TV 2370k. Reigning champion (S11), this team smashed its way to the top, second only to amazons in their group, but they got their revenge against the girls in the Grand Final.
Player to watch: Superstar basher - No stat freak, but in an ancient team owns an ancient skill set, CPOMB!, netted him most Cas in S11 - Nighobi
Prediction: 1st in pool, Losing finalist

ImageCrouching Saurus Hidden Skink (bigbullies)
TV 2240k. 31 cas by the Derelicts in S11 may sound impressive, but in the bashier division bullies was tearing up teams with ease. 37 cas last season, and the lizards are sure to be a menace again.
Player to watch: LEGEND killer - Beaten only on playoff tiebreaker, expect there to be fireworks when he meets the goat that pipped him to the Cas prize, greyii
Prediction: 2nd in pool, exit first round of play-offs

ImageWild Ex-pacts (Sharper)
TV 1770k. The surprise package of S11 topping a very tough table. Can they do it again? No.
Player to watch: Star - You can't trust the big guys in S12, leave it to the elf - Mwealar
Prediction: 3rd in pool

ImageBack Alley Burglars (DustBunny)
TV 2330k. OGRES! We love the Ogres we really do. Thought they might make the playoffs last season, but disappointed with a feeble first round exit in the Boot. They will do better, but not much.
Players to watch: LEGEND, Ag3 M7 TD rushing machine Chop
LEGEND, St6 Cas blocking machine Murgatroid
Prediction: 4th in pool

ImageChatham Island Crows (Wozzaa)
TV 1480k. Wozzaa took his brave and battered humans to a Wobbly Boot title last season. These elves aren't battered, yet. They will be.
Player to watch: She's fast, and she'll need to be to get away from the horrors that await in this pool, it's witch elf Magenta Petrol
Prediction: 5th in pool

ImageNorth Scars (Karnov)
TV 1490k. Khorne! Blood for the blood god! In this division a lots of the blood will be spilling from broken pitfighters. It'll be tough for this new team, but they have something special...
Player to watch: the biggest of big guys. Horns, claws, frenzy, regen, oh the horror! Krampus Styles
Prediction: Last in pool
Klazam

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2018 - 09:59 Reply with quote Back to top

My predictions:

1st Skinks
2nd Derelicts
3rd Burglers
4th Scars
5th Ex-Pacts
6th Crows
ramchop

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2018 - 10:33
FUMBBL Staff

An even mix of Rock, Paper, Scissors... does that mean nobody wins?

Thrill Bill Division
Named after Crap Bowl III winner, this pool is anything but crap.

ImageOverly Refined (jevouse)
TV 2240k. There is a theory that the teams I pick to come top are destined for failure - let's test that theory on these frogs. They were the team to watch last season, slann are always fun, but rarely successful. This group was a highly tuned, overly refined outfit.
Player to watch: Superstar M9 speed freak came so close to many indivdual awards in S11 - Cull the Crude
Prediction: 1st in pool, beaten semifinalist

ImageAshenhall Owls (JPM)
TV 2600k. They snuck in for a first round 3-0 victory, look at that TV! Elves shouldn't be allowed to be that big! The woodies have an ongoing battle with the Slann, and they shall meet again. Slann will win the battle in the group, but the Wood Elves will win the war.
Player to watch: LEGEND Speeed with grabby tree will hide on the bench and BS his way all season to 1 turners - Blaze Argenthorn
Prediction: 2nd in pool, Champion

ImagePitch Slap (mushoomy)
TV 1920k. The blockers will kill stuff, the bulls will score, the mino will frustrate, and the hobgbolins will die.
Player to watch: Superstar blocker - Strength, mighty blow, and lots of Av7 opposition - Leztak Bizniz

ImageTararuas Krox (OrcCleaver)
TV 1520k. They've grown a bit since they proved me wrong on my S11 spoon prediction. Another team who has played before I got around to the previews, they'll be hurting for R2 with so much MNG after getting a Slap... but what the hell is this thing?....:
Player to watch: Emerging Star Saurus, err, no, it's strength 4 but it is no saurus - Powell

ImageDIBBL Kids (tussock)
TV 1500k. Coach tussock finally had enough of the brittle av7 zons? So he has brought to the table something tougher, brittle av7 norse!
Player to watch: Many of the team's hopes are pinned on this one player, elflike, ddamage

ImageBonesfield Bakers (PlantingLemur)
TW 1440k. Tomb Guardians are big, tough, and scary. That's what they are meant to be. Not the TGs from Bonefield though, they break easy.
Player to watch: A team of stars or a star team?... umm, well this guy might do something - Dampfnudel
ramchop

Post   Posted: Apr 25, 2018 - 11:10
FUMBBL Staff

Injury Time!!! Division
Named after Season 7 champion and my pick to take it again in S11 (they didn't).
Look at all that fresh blood. Half the division haven't set foot on the Isles before, they may wish they hadn't.

ImageTransfusion Time (ramchop)
TV 2190k. Treasury? Who needs treasury when you can preload before going out drinking? 6 Vamps are on the war path this season, with Mr Pig tagging along that makes 7x S4 players. What could possibly go wrong? Absolutely nothing.
Player to watch: Rookie - we expect great things from this debutante. At the very least expect him to get some MVPs - Scorcher
Prediction: 1st in pool, beaten semifinalist

ImageBlackwater Sting (Foad)
TV 1490k. A lean machine. SWL Premier contenders from years ago, came close but never grabbed West Island's greatest prize. Will it be easier on this side of the ditch?
Player to watch: LEGEND - Has played more games than any DIBBL team, if you have the ball, be very afraid of - Mickey "The Don" Marino
Prediction: 2nd in pool, exit first round of play offs

ImageHauraki Horrors (DDAmAge112)
TV 1970k. The Horrors will have a field day against a few teams. Smashing things to pieces. They may forget about the ball though
Player to watch: Super star - Big, slow and scary - Hulking Hauraki

Imagemountain gorillas (pdarbs)
TV 1510k. The monkeys of the mountains will enjoy this season. They'll dominate the two teams below them, but will struggle against those above
Player to watch: Is there anything this Chimp can't do? - hired help

ImageOld 'Murican Gods (Klazam)
TV 1500k. The Americans have landed. They'll show us what we've been doin' wrong all these years. They know how to play. They'll win it all easy. Yeah, nah
Player to watch: There is only one Ram-Bo

ImageWhaka Warpfire (TK3179)
TW 1250k. They're too small. This is just too cruel... I can't watch... but I can't look away
Player to watch: A gutter runner will do something remarkable, but it's so hard to know which one of the 4 will live long enough to shine. How about Kit-ki
Klazam

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2018 - 04:13 Reply with quote Back to top

First game in Injury Time!!! division match report:

OMG won 2-1 over mountain gorillas

OMG won the toss, and elected to kick. Some fighting happened in midfield, then hired help (Chimp) broke free and caught a long pass from cannon (Orangutan) for the quick score. The Governator (Lineman) tried to stop the monkey but was smashed in the turf and knocked out for his trouble.

On the second drive, Man With No Name (Thrower) picked up the ball and waited for an opportune time while his two receivers was down the field jockeying to get free. hired help snuck past all the 'Murcian defenders to get a direct shot on Man With No Name, popping the ball free then leaping to pick it up. Fortunately for the demigods, Wolf Jackedman (Ulfwerner) was able to get free with help from Charles North (Yhetee), and hit hired help hard, stunning him. Man With No Name recovered and connected with Bart Recycled (Runner) who ran it in for the equalizer.

In the second half, Man With No Name received the ball again, and stood back as everyone else fought to get a receiver free. After some time, an opportunity presented itself, and he handed the ball off to Car Gasoline (Runner) who stalled for time, despite some heroic attempts at taking him down from hired help. As the time ticked down to zero, Car Gasoline walked it in for the decisive 2-1 win.
ramchop

Post   Posted: Apr 28, 2018 - 07:52
FUMBBL Staff

The Deserted Isles Blood Bowl Leeg is now into its 12th season. However, it seems little is known about the teams and their players. Reporter Cash Forquezchuns was sent to speak to press officer Hreodbeorht of Whaka Warpfire to find out more. This is what we found of his report when our heavily armed search party discovered some grizzly remains.

<Cash Forquezchuns> Thanks for agreeing to this interview Hreodbeorht. If I could start with asking, you’re human, what is your role in a skaven team?

<Hreodbeorht> Not a problem Cash. I am the official press officer hired to talk to people like you. It is common knowledge that the skaven language is somewhat harsh and repetitive and the team would prefer to take the opportunity to break that stereotype and deliver an articulate interview.

<Cash Forquezchuns> So, tell me the story behind the formation of this team.

<Hreodbeorht> The clan arrived on the Deserted Isles 14 years ago. At first they wandered the southern land for a while before settling in the Plentiful Bay just west of Tursanger where we, as in humans, set up farms to supply the city. The sewers and cesspits of the farms were easy to link and claim as the clan’s domain. Did you know, Cash, that Tur was once our great leader who got angry about having to cross mountains to get inland and apparently he was fed up of the gods “doing this shit to [him]!” And that he’d spent “six bloody months crossing thousands of miles of sea, facing up to mutiny, scurvy, and starvation only to wash up at the foot of flippin’ mountains!”

Sorry, I digress. Each of our players represent one of the main cesspit sub-clans and the team is an attempt to unite those sub-clans under Cke'racflem's leadership. Some are of the opinion that 11 warriors up against 11 warriors is just not the skaven way; our team should be allowed to have at least 100 warriors.

<Cash Forquezchuns> Any particular goals for the current season?

<Hreodbeorht> Our patrons and clan rats would say we’re here to win everything, kill any so called big stars and become undisputed kings of DIBBL in our debut season.

<Hreodbeorht> Off the record I think it would be more realistic to say if we can come away from the season with an average of a touchdown per match and maybe, dare I say, win a game, then we’d be happy. Don’t print that though!

<Cash Forquezchuns> On my word as a journalist I won’t. Next question, You’ve been here since Season <x>, have you built up any rivalries in that time? Any players that you really want to destroy?

<Hreodbeorht> Some reporter you are, do your research! This is our first season! Do you think this is some sort of fake skitzophrenic discourse in my head where I fill in blank spaces on a pre-generated generic template? Fool!
But, in answer to your questions: no and all of them.

<Cash Forquezchuns> A team is nothing without their fans. Tell us about yours, I hear you have a committed fan base.

<Hreodbeorht> Oh they certainly are committed, Cash. Yes-yes, many are in the clan’s Grey Seer’s experimental lab for insane skaven. He’s working on a rat ogre at the moment - though whether it makes it into the team is another matter.

<Cash Forquezchuns> Oh, that old chestnut - making a joke about an alternative interpretation of ‘committed’.

<Hreodbeorht> So, who’s going to read this anyway? It’s not entirely a joke, but crap jokes and puns are probably the only draw card in this type of interview. Well, that and smut and innuendo but I’m not prepared to lower myself just to help you sell newspapers.

<Cash Forquezchuns> Who owns Whaka Warpfire? Is it a wealthy financier, a cooperate structure, local government?

<Hreodbeorht> Our great clan leader, Cke'racflem - who inherited leadership through clever assassination - brought together all of his rival houses and proposed each one put forward a champion to join the team, I suppose it is cooperate, although in an uncooperative way.

<Cash Forquezchuns> Forgive my curiosity, but what sort of contract are you on? A human press officer in a skaven team. You are aware that skaven are partial to human flesh?

<Hreodbeorht>Oh, that’s an old wives tale. The clan are very kind to me, they feed me well. So well in fact I’ve put on a little weight, haha. Oh, Cke'racflem is just here if you’d like to ask him anything further about the team - you certainly are honoured. Cke'racflem only shows himself when he is hungry.

<Cash Forquezchuns> Is there anything else you’d like to tell us, Cke'racflem?

<Cke'racflem> Is the talk-talk ended? Good-good. Rat-Rats, it’s dinner time. Eat! Eat! This one is a little scrawny but the other one has been well fed.

submitted by TK3179

Last edited by ramchop on May 03, 2018 - 22:03; edited 3 times in total
ramchop

Post   Posted: Apr 29, 2018 - 08:50
FUMBBL Staff

ImageImageImageImageImage

First Shield challenge of the new season, and it's Auckland's turn for a crack at it again. Hauraki Horrors have some scary Mummies, out to smash skulls. Transfusion Time is bringing along a 6th Vampire for the first time in their history. Blood is guaranteed to flow, but will it all be from the necks of thralls?

Image Image Image
ramchop

Post   Posted: Apr 30, 2018 - 23:14
FUMBBL Staff

Chatham Island Crows Team Profile

The Chatham Islands form an archipelago in the Ocean about 800 kilometres east of the South Island of the Deserted Isles.

Many explorers thought the island uninhabited, but the first people to land never returned to their ships. It was later discovered that a peoples resembling Dark Elves were living deep in the caves of the islands.

In one particularly large cave, Nunuku's Cave, a large stadium has been carved from the rock. Here the locals watch their favourite forms of entertainment, live torture, battles to the death (a common way to solve disputes amongst the Islanders) and Blood Bowl!

They also enjoy birding*. (The stadium is used for the CIBS (Chatham Island Birding Society) annual convention.)

In 2518 the locals have put together team to take on other, hated races. The Chatham Island Crows.

*a common term for bird watching, if you are in the know.

submitted by Wozzaa
Klazam

Post   Posted: May 02, 2018 - 11:46 Reply with quote Back to top

Injury Time!!! division match recap:

OMG drew 2-2 with Transfusion Time

Knowing Transfusion Time was massively favored by the oddsmakers, Coach Klazam of the OMG enlisted the help of two mercenaries in the match. They were Zara the Slayer and the mighty Morg ‘n’ Thorg. OMG won the toss, and elected to kick to the Vampires.

The rookie Scorcher (Vampire) picked up the ball but immediately passed it to Ice King (Vampire) who stayed ensconced in a secure cage of thralls and fellow vampires. Zara got busy, stabbing Mr Pig (Thrall), who was strong, but not strong enough to resist a stake to the chest. Transfusion Time methodically made their way down the field, at one point slipping through OMG’s backline, to establish themselves firmly out of reach. OMG attempted to remove some Vampires from the pitch while waiting for Ice King to walk it in, but OMG had no luck with that. Transfusion Time dominated the half, scoring 1-0 in the waning moments of the half.

With one turn left on the clock, Transfusion Time kicked the ball to the sideline. This sparked a riot among some rowdy fans, causing the refs to lose track, and set the clock back one more turn, giving OMG breathing room. Bart Recycled (Runner) set himself up in a cage firmly in the middle of Transfusion Time’s side. Man With No Name (Thrower) then ran to recover the ball, but bobbled it, placing it in the hands of a fan who threw it towards midfield. Man With No Name chased it all the way back up, then attempted to pass to Bart Recycled who couldn’t hang on the ball. With that, the half ended.

On the second half’s first drive for OMG, Man With No Name recovered the ball while Car Gasoline (Runner) and Bart Recycled established themselves deep into the opposing half. Ram-Bo (Berserker) stood in a key position to guard Man With No Name, but was hypnotized by Marceline(Vampire), blowing a wide hole open in the front line and allowing The Lich (Vampire) to blitz and smash in Man With No Name, putting him on the turf and knocking the ball loose. Undeterred, Man With No Name stood up, dodged away from The Lich, picked up the ball, and fired it off at Car Gasoline who caught it and made his run for the end zone for the equalizer.

OMG set up to kick, but kicked it short, and blitzed their way to be able to receive the ball. Bart Recycled was the one who ended up with the ball, and he fought his way through Transfusion Time’s line with the help of a lot of OMG blockers who cleared his path. Bart Recycled was able to make the go-ahead score, putting the score 2 to 1 in favor of OMG.

The Lich received the kick off, and his team established a line along the sidelines, eventually passing the ball to Ice King deep in OMG’s side. Ram-Bo saw this, and orchestrated his team in clearing the path, then blitzed Ice King, knocking the ball loose and catching it. When it seemed that OMG would be able to stall out the clock, The Lich blitzed Ram-Bo, getting him down and the ball free again. It was here when Ice King pulled off an incredible hypnosis on Wolf Jackedman (Ulfwerner) which then allowed Flame Princess (Vampire) to slip past OMG, pick up the ball, and score. The clock then ran out, ending the game at a two to two draw.
ramchop

Post   Posted: May 04, 2018 - 09:28
FUMBBL Staff

The Deserted Isles Blood Bowl Leeg is now into its 12th season. However, it seems little is known about the new teams and their players. Reporter Ronald Maroon spoke to the Thrower, Man With No Name, of the Old 'Murican Gods to find out more.

Cut to: A mustachio'd reporter standing next to an older blood bowl player, with white hair.

<Ronald> Hello there! Welcome to the DIBBL, the premier Blood Bowl league in the Isles! We all just watched your thrilling victory over the mountain gorillas. Your coolness in the face of the lethal chimp, hired help, and your commanding control of the game when you had the ball was incredible. That, and your completion and hand offs which both resulted in touchdowns. We're all wowed. How do you feel about that?

<Man With No Name> .....

<Ronald> Uh, how about you tell us about how your team did in that game?

<Man With No Name> .....

<Ronald> You know, that's okay. Obviously you prefer to let your actions speak for you. How about this, we're all dying to know, why are you called the Man With No Name?

<Man With No Name> faint growling

Obviously off balance, the mustachio'd reporter waves the camera to follow him as he powerwalks up to another player, this one shirtless and wearing a headband.

<Ronald> And we have with us today the Berserker Ram-Bo. Congratulations on your incredible game today. How do you feel about that?

<Ram-Bo> Success is usually the culmination of controlling failure.

<Ronald> Hmm, that's something we'd be well to keep in mind. So where do you take the team from here?

<Ram-Bo> I have great expectations for the future, because the past was highly overrated. I'm always looking for a new challenge. There are a lot of mountains to climb out there. When I run out of mountains, I'll build a new one.

<Ronald> Very philosophical from you. Can you tell us more about the Old 'Murican Gods?

<Ram-Bo> We came here from another time and place. It's our sacred goal to spread the gospel of the Holy Trinity of the Big Mac, the Dollar, and the Gun. What better venue is there than on the Blood Bowl pitch with millions of fans tuning on to see us on CabalVision?

<Ronald> Thanks for your time.

Ram-Bo walks away, the mustachio'd reporter turns to the camera and speaks.

<Ronald> Well, from his words, you can believe this is the player who went up against the mighty Morg n' Thorg in the preseason mano a mano and survived. This is a Berserker who's afraid of nobody. That's all the time we have today! Thank you for tuning in to CabalVision today.
 Jump to: