42 coaches online • Server time: 14:22
Forum Chat
Recent Forum Topics goto Post All Star Bowl!goto Post Secret League Americ...goto Post test mode doesnt wor...
SearchSearch 
View previous topic Log in to check your private messages View next topic
ivan-hr

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2018 - 11:10 Reply with quote Back to top

I am going to a tournament this weekend with the following rules:

TV1100 / 6 Skills. I planned to setup up my Undead team this way:

2 Mummies
2 Wights (Guard/Tackle)
4 Ghouls (Block/Block/SureHands/Wrestle)
3 Zombies
1 Skeleton
3 RR

My question is shall I go with all 4 Ghouls or drop one of them and add a 2nd Skeleton and 3 FF. Or drop a Re Roll and to add the Skeleton + FF?
Jopotzuki

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2018 - 11:13 Reply with quote Back to top

I think that a mobile ghoul is better than a bench warming skeleton. Most of yout guys regenerate anyway and you already have 1 bench guy.

ThierryM wrote:
CR... The synonym of E-Penis right ?
Entrooppi

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2018 - 13:32 Reply with quote Back to top

I disagree. I would go with two/three Ghouls and more bench (perhaps a fourth Zombie). The AV7 without Rege means they can be taken out quite easily and leaves you outnumbered on that drive. More bench means you can foul with more impunity. And besides, if you have less Ghouls, you could give Guard to the Mummies, which in my opinion is quite imperative so they can help each other get 3d Blocks.
Verminardo

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2018 - 13:38 Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I would take Guard on the Mummies, too, leave two Ghouls unskilled instead. No doubles?
ivan-hr

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2018 - 13:51 Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the input so far! Unfortunately there are no doubles for Undead.

As much I like to have four Ghouls on my Team I am afraid to loose them to quick. In offense I would only field two Ghouls, in defense the 3rd one with Sure Hands would come into action.

How bout this Setup:

2 Mummies (Guard/Guard) 240k
2 Wights (-/Tackle) 180k
3 Ghouls (Block/Block/Sure Hands) 210k
4 Zombies 160k
2 Skeleton 80k
3 RR 210k
2 FF 20k
bghandras

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2018 - 16:09 Reply with quote Back to top

I think fouling is flawed in tabletop resurrection.
1. Doing it right requires a precious skills slot
2. Cant stack skills, so there is likely no juicy target
3. TT seems to be infested with regeneration
4. People do not worry about death as it is resurrection. People go more for the ball, splitting the pitch, so the cost of gangfouling is usually too big.

You will need 3 rerolls, Take as many ghouls as you can.

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2018 - 18:55 Reply with quote Back to top

I would not go so far as to say fouling is "flawed", as I've seen some teams based around it do very well, and had success with it myself... but it certainly isn't the sort of weaponised force it can be in a TV-MM or league scheduled game where there are potentially multi-skill targets to select from, nor is there a TV-difference forcing a balancing attempt. Yes, there are racially unfavourable matchups at TV 1.1m (although for undead those are few), but there really is little need to skill/roster with the boot in mind, especially with a tier one roster.

I would personally take the 4 ghouls 3rr roster, but would drop a skill on a (block) ghoul for guard on a mummy. This is a pretty balanced roster and your ghouls will be stronger than you think in an environment where you are extremely unlikely to see mb/tackle unless you meet chaos dwarves (even dwarves are more likely to just have guards). In addition, it's an environment where your opponents are unlikely to have many defensive skills on low AV players either, so the mummies and wights can really do some damage (this negates the need for fouling and should mean that your avg AV8 isn't really a problem).

Post   Posted: Apr 12, 2018 - 23:04 Reply with quote Back to top

why skelos over zombies? is the +MA worth 7Av? not to this fish

Post   Posted: Apr 13, 2018 - 09:42 Reply with quote Back to top

I put 3 zombies on the LOS and depending if i kick or receive I field 1 or 2 skeletons. I like their extra MA because it helps me to catch up with my opponent and mark his players. Trying to save as many GFI rolls as possible ^^ Besides that I think I will encounter at least two teams that have access to mutations (=>Claws).
ivan-hr

Post   Posted: Apr 15, 2018 - 19:51 Reply with quote Back to top

I am back after two days of gaming and lots of beer. I went with this setup:

2 Mummies (Guard/Guard) 240k
2 Wights (-/Tackle) 180k
3 Ghouls (Block/Block/Sure Hands) 210k
4 Zombies 160k
2 Skeleton 80k
3 RR 210k
2 FF 20k

and made 2nd place with my team! Furthermore I became 1st for most scored touchdowns of the Turney LOL

4:1 vs. Chaosdwarfs, 1:2 vs. Norse, 3:0 vs. Orcs, 2:1 vs. Amazons and 1:1 vs Elvenunion.

Overall I am happy with my choice to go with 3 Ghouls and two more Lineman. The Guard Mummies did not serve me that well, a Guard Wight would have been more useful. Somehow all of my opponent, besides the Amazons and Elves, managed to KO very early one Mummy for the whole match and to outrun / dodge away from the other.

Anyways, thanks for the input you have given me here ^^
 Jump to: